Déjà vu

Playful Kiss/Mischievous Kiss 2

20100921002161.jpg

Oh HaNi

I think it’s a miracle for two people to like each other at the same time.

One day, will that miracle come true for me too?

 

~

 

I groaned.

 

How can this chart be wrong?! I don’t see how the blood pressure measurements are incorrect!

 

I clicked back to go to the search engine to try another website.

 

“AISH!” I cried, this isn’t working! Nothing is making sense to me! I won’t be able to finish it by tomorrow.

 

I checked the wall clock for the 50th time that night; it was already 1:30am.

 

I looked over at my peaceful sleeping husband and sighed. Only if I could have his brain… for 10 minutes, then I would be saved.

 

I dropped my pen on the table and crept slowly over to my sleeping husband. I gently lay down next to him, face to face.

 

My face was only centimeters away from his, I could feel his even paced breath blow onto my face.

 

His face was flawless; his eyelashes threw shadows over his high cheekbones. His straight nose and nicely shaped lips framed his face beautifully.

 

His long wispy hair had dried and it fell in locks around his face and across the pillow.

 

Unknowingly I lifted my hand and brushed some hair from his face. It was soft to touch.

 

I giggled. I felt like a little child doing something I shouldn’t be doing.

 

I looked over SeungJo’s shoulder and saw the pile of clipboards on the table. I sighed.

 

I should stop procrastinating now. Need to get back to work if I want to win the bet!

 

I turned my face back towards SeungJo, “Baek SeungJo, “I whispered, “I’m going to beat you! Just you wait and see!”

 

I jumped up from the bed, careful not to shake it too much and walked back to the desk.

 

I sat down and picked up my pen. Let’s do this! Hwaiting Oh HaNi!

 

~

 

“Oh HaNi, Oh HaNi, Oh HaNi. Wake up, you’re going to be late!” said SeungJo shaking me awake.

 

My eyes opened groggily, I lifted my head and looked directly at my well cleaned and groomed ready to go husband.

 

“Aish, typical Oh HaNi…” sighed SeungJo snapping his fingers in front of my face.

 

I jolted awake.

 

“SeungJo-ah, where are you going?” I grumbled rubbing my eyes.

 

“Come on sleepy head, I’m going to the hospital. It’s already 9:30, unless you want to miss your shift and take the bus, you’d better hurry up!” he teased tapping his watch and backing out the door.

 

“Yah! 9:30! But my shift starts at 10!” I squealed jumping up from my seat.

 

“So hurry up, I’ll be waiting down at the car. If you’re not down in 10 minutes I’m leaving. I’ve got a surgery to get ready for at 10:15.” Said SeungJo leaving the room.

 

I ran through the bedroom like a whirlwind knocking things over and throwing pieces of clothing and bags everywhere.

 

I was dressed in 2 minutes. I grabbed my bag and pushed all the clipboards and papers on the table into my bag.

 

I don’t care if they are right or wrong anymore, it’s worse if I’m late.

 

I then ran straight to the bathroom to wash up.

 

I grabbed my toothbrush and squeezed some toothpaste on it. I furiously began brushing my teeth and spat the excess into the sink.

 

I brushed my hair into a ponytail and slapped on some moisturizer.

 

I heard SeungJo beep the horn from outside.

 

“Coming!” I yelled, not that he could hear me though.

 

I rushed downstairs and pulled on my ballet flats before running full speed out the door and through to the car.

 

When I was 5 m from the car I saw SeungJo release the break and about to step on accelerate when I ran right in front of the car and screamed, “STOP!”

 

SeungJo immediately stepped on the break throwing himself forward with the momentum.

 

I breathed a sigh of relief.

 

I walked around to the passenger side and slipped into the car.

 

“Yah! Are you crazy! How could you jump in front of the car?!” yelled SeungJo.

 

I turned around to face him, “Well you were going to drive off without me!” I complained back at him.

 

“I said I would leave after 10 minutes!” he yelled back.

 

“Hmph,” I huffed, crossed my arms and leaned back into the seat.

 

SeungJo sighed and turned around to drive to the hospital.

 

An awkward silence fell between us.

 

“Umm… SeungJo-ah,” I whispered lightly.

 

“Hm?” he replied not taking his eyes off the road.

 

“Umm… how serious were you about the… umm… bet yesterday?” I asked.

 

“I was 100% serious,” replied SeungJo easily, “What, are you thinking of backing out?” grinned SeungJo.

 

“No!” I yelled.

 

SeungJo chuckled. “Are you sure about that? It didn’t seem like you did much last night even though you slept at the desk. You were murmuring about food and saliva trailed out of your mouth,” teased SeungJo.

 

‘Yah! I don’t drool!” I argued, self-consciously wiping the edges of my mouth to check if there was any that I didn’t wash off.

 

SeungJo saw this action and laughed.

 

I threw an ugly glare at him.

 

“The bet is definitely still on!” I growled back at him.

 

“Fine by me, fine by me…” smiled SeungJo.

 

The smug confident look he had plastered on his face just encouraged me even more.

 

~

 

“Nurse Oh HaNi!”

 

I turned around to find Head Nurse Kim waving her hand down the hallway motioning for me to come to her.

 

I had the clipboards in my arms. My heart started to pound fast, and a cold sweat grew under my clothing.

 

I walked towards her slowly.

 

She stood there impatiently tapping her foot.

 

A thousand things raced through my mind, as I tried to come up with an excuse on why I couldn’t fix them.

 

I came to a stop in front of her towering figure. Head Nurse Kim was a plump old woman who was about the same height as me, however her presence filled the whole room and towered over everyone.

 

Before I could say anything Head Nurse Kim snatched a clipboard from the top of the pile that I was carrying and flipped through it.

 

My mouth dropped open in shock. What should I do? What should I say?

 

Head Nurse Kim cleared .

 

I squeezed my eyes shut and prepared for the worst.

 

“Impressive Nurse Oh HaNi” smiled Head Nurse Kim.

 

“Huh?!” my eyes flew open in shock. Did I hear correctly?

 

“Good Job Nurse Oh HaNi, I’m impressed with you,’ she smiled and patted me on the head.

 

I just stood there dumbstruck staring at her openmouthed.

 

“I’ll just take these,” she said taking the whole pile out of my arms.

 

“B-But Head Nurse Kim, I-I didn’t-“ I stuttered.

 

“Don’t worry darling, I believe that all the rest of the papers will be just as good as the one I read. I’ll check through them tonight. Get back to work!” she smiled as she walked back to the Nurses office.

 

I stood in the middle of the hallway staring open mouthed at nothing in particular, until I felt someone pull on my arm.

 

I got dragged away to the side of the hall.

 

I looked up and saw my husband standing in front of me in his white doctors coat and a stethoscope around his neck.

 

“SeungJo-ah,” I said stunned, “what are you doing here?”

 

“Someone told me my wife was creating a road block in the middle of he hospital and asked me to get rid of it,” he said matter-of-factly.

 

“Yah…” I pouted.

 

He chuckled.

 

“So did you hand the papers in to Head Nurse Kim?” asked SeungJo.

 

“Umm… yes…” I said.

 

SeungJo looked at me.

 

I took a deep breath, “She seemed pretty happy with it…” I said.

 

“She did?” asked SeungJo looking surprised.

 

Suddenly I realized something, “Yes she did! And that means I win the bet!” I squealed.

 

I started jumping up and down and started running circles around SeungJo.

 

Yes! The date!

 

I heard SeungJo sigh.

 

I stopped in front of him and laughed. His expression was stoned.

 

Ha! Beat that Baek SeungJo!

 

He took a deep breath, “Okay then, a promise is a promise. What is my punishment?”

 

I smiled evilly at him, “Come on a date with me!”

 

“At date?!” asked SeungJo wide eyed.

 

“Yes! I make the rules,” I laughed.

 

SeungJo sighed. “Okay, I guess that is bad enough punishment for me.”

 

I pouted. He thinks of this as a punishment? That’s hurtful. I want to try and make it fun!

 

He chuckled at my expression. “Okay lets get this over and done with, tomorrow is Saturday and I’m off duty. Lets go tomorrow,” he said.

 

So soon?! I still have to prepare everything!

 

But I didn’t want to miss my chance.

 

“Okay! Tomorrow it is then!” I smiled at him.

 

“Okay, I have to go now. Remember to get to work and don’t create traffic jams in the middle of the hallway!” said SeungJo walking away from me down the hallway.

 

“Yah!” I yelled after him.

 

I saw his shoulders shake as his chuckled. He lifted his hand in the air above his head and waved without looking back.

 

I sighed. SeungJo will always be SeungJo.

 

~

 

HaNi-ah

I have been called to the hospital at last minutes notice.

I will be done by 1:30pm. I’ll meet you at the resturaunt for lunch.

Then we can continue the date.

Sorry.

Baek SeungJo

 

I sighed and lifted myself off the bed.

 

When I woke up this morning the space beside me was empty… again.

 

I found the note on SeungJo’s pillow.

 

I looked over at the clock, it was 11:30am.

 

Still got 3 more hours.

 

The house was deserted as both father and daddy were working and mother took EunJo on a holiday to the beach for the weekend.

 

Its better this way, EunJo has been really glum since we came back from the Ramen shop.

 

Poor EunJo.

 

I started washing up and digging through my closet for something to wear.

 

A nice dress? Nah, too girly. A pair of jeans? Too boring.

 

“Grrr, there’s nothing to wear!” I moaned and sat down with a plop on the bed.

 

I looked towards the clock, it was 12:30pm.

 

~

 

“Uncle, is there anyway you could drive faster?” I asked quietly from the backseat.

 

“Sorry mam, but what can I do with this traffic?!” growled the driver.

 

I looked down at my mobile clutched tightly in my hands; there was only 8% of battery left.

 

I flipped it open; on the home screen it was 1:16pm.

 

No! I’m still at least 10 blocks away from the resturaunt, I’ll never get there on time in this traffic.

 

Why does this always happen on my dates! It happened last time aswell!

 

“Uncle, I’ll get off here first then. I’m going to be late for my appointment.” I said and handed him 500 000 won and jumped out of the car. “Keep the change!”

 

I pelted down the street, with my yellow handbag bumping nosily against my waist.

 

At the end of 1 hour of deciding what to wear I finally settled with a mid-length white skirt, light blue blouse, cream-colored trench coat and ballet flats. My hair was let down, but with a plait across the middle of my head shaped as a headband.

 

SeungJo once commented nicely on this hairstyle. I giggled giddily to myself.

 

“Hold it!” someone yelled, grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

 

A car sped past inches from my face.

 

My eyes widened in shock. I turned around to look at my savior, it was an old grandpa with a walking stick standing at the light pole.

 

“Young lady you should be more careful!” scolded the old man.

 

“Yes, thank you! You just saved my life!” I bowed deeply towards him puffing from exhaustion and a little shocked from the near-death experience.

 

“No need, no need,” he smiled. “Just be careful next time”

 

Suddenly a loud SCREECH, then CRASH sounded behind me.

 

I whipped around in surprise, grandpa turned with me.

 

Behind us lay a young man lying on the ground with blood dripping down his face and groaning in pain. His right leg was trapped under his motorcycle. In the distance a large van with a dented left door sped off down the road running through several red lights.

 

I stared in shock at the young man on the ground.

 

People from all over the intersection ran towards the accident. They created a large circle around the injured young man.

 

I just stood there not knowing what to do. How could this happen to me again?! This isn’t fair…

 

Cold sweat grew on my backside. I was scared. I was a nurse now, but how come I couldn’t do anything!

 

I began to tremble.

 

SeungJo-ah, what should I do? I need you…

 

~~~

 

HEEEEYYY MY LOVELY PEEEPS~

 

HOW U GUYS LIKING THE STORY!? I READ YOUR COMMENTS, AND THEY ARE JUST SO HEARTWARMING! LOVE YOU ALL <3

 

I HAVE TAKEN IN YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND HAVE STARTED TRYING TO BLEND THEM INTO THE PLOT. HOPE IT WORKS OUT WELL!!!

 

SORRY I’M NOT VERY HAPPY WITH THIS CHAP :/ I WILL MAKE IT UP TO U GUYS IN DA NEXT CHAP THOUGH!!!!

 

DON’T KNOW WHEN I CAN UPDATE :( WON’T BE TOO LONG THOUGH! EARLIEST TOMORROW NIGHT! <3

 

FEEL FREE TO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!

 

UNTIL NEXT TIME CHAPS

 

Xoxo