New Patient

Playful Kiss/Mischievous Kiss 2

kiss04-00130.jpg

Oh HaNi

I think it’s a miracle for two people to like each other at the same time.

One day, will that miracle come true for me too?

 

~

 

“SeungJo-ah!” I yelled as I saw my husband slide the operation door behind him.

 

I jumped to my feet from the waiting chairs on the side and ran towards him.

 

He turned around just as I stopped in front of him and grabbed his sleeves.

 

“How did it go?! What happened?! Is her alright?!” I asked shaking his sleeves vigorously.

 

“It went well…” said SeungJo.

 

“What do mean it went well?! What happened?” I asked shaking harder my voice growing in agitation.

 

If something went wrong SeungJo could lose his job! All of his hard work…

 

I stared at him intensely.

 

“Aish… he’s fine, luckily the wounds weren’t as deep as I thought, I cleaned them, applied some medicine and stitched it up. The leg wound was a little deeper but not too bad, I did the same thing. But when the wounds heal he will need to receive some physiological therapy. Other than that he will be fine, but he will need to spend at least 1 month in hospital,” SeungJo said looking bored.

 

“So he’s going to be okay?! That’s wonderful SeungJo-ah!” I squealed and jumped up wrapping my arms around his neck.

 

“Yah! How many times have I told you, we’re in the hospital!” struggled SeungJo grabbing my arms and trying to pry them from his neck.

 

I was so happy that I didn’t care where we were; I just gripped onto his neck and hugged him as tight as possible.

 

My SeungJo will always be as smart and successful as always.

 

In the end I felt SeungJo sigh and let go of my arms, he dropped his hands to his sides and stood there ridged.

 

I pouted.

 

I pulled away from him and used my finger to pinch his cheek, like an old granny would do to a child.

 

“Yah!” SeungJo’s eyes widened and struggled to get out of my grip.

 

“Awww, our little SeungJo has succeeded in his first solo surgery!” I cooed teasingly, not letting go of his cheek and swishing his head side to side.

 

“Yah! Oh HaNi!!!” growled SeungJo angrily, grabbed my arm and pulled my hand from his face.

 

I burst out laughing.

 

My laughs echoed down the hall.

 

I looked up at SeungJo and saw that his eyes were flaming, I immediately bit my lip to stop my laughing.

 

However, he was so cute! His cheek was red, from where I pinched it and his mouth was pushed together in a half grimace half pout look.

 

I stopped laughing out loud, but my shoulders still shook uncontrollably.

 

SeungJo grumbled and rolled his eyes. He turned sharply and began walking down the hall.

 

“SeungJo-ah!” I yelled after him, but he didn’t turn.

 

I was just joking… I pouted.

 

I ran after him and in a swift motion slipped my arm through his, grabbing on it tightly.

 

SeungJo looked at me surprised, sighed and continued walking without pulling away.

 

I grinned in triumph.

 

~

 

“Nurse Oh HaNi! Come here!”

 

I turned around to see Head Nurse Kim waving me over from down the hall.

 

I picked up my pace and jogged towards her.

 

“Yes?” I panted slightly, bowing in respect.

 

“I need you to nurse Kwon JiHyun, he is in room C15. He is the patient that Doctor Baek SeungJo operated on before. He has only just been moved there and has just woken up. I have him on antibiotics and saline fluids. The antibiotics are very strong, so if he complains that he is in pain, lower the rate which it is going through the drip, understand?” asked Head Nurse Kim.

 

I nodded sharply.

 

“He isn’t allowed to eat for another 2 hours due to the wound in his abdomen. We will get Doctor Baek SeungJo and the other more experienced doctors that we have called in on short notice to examine him. If he says he has any pain, give him some aural painkillers… hmm… Also, make sure to check his temperature and blood pressure every hour.” She explained.

 

“Okay!” I smiled.

 

“Here is the folder containing all the information,” she handed me a clipboard with some papers clipped to it, “All the other nurses are busy with the other victims of the car accident, so I am relying on you to do a good job!” warned Head Nurse Kim.

 

“Don’t worry! I will do a good job! You can rely on me!” I said enthusiastically, saluting playfully to her.

 

Head Nurse Kim smiled a little. “Make sure the blood pressure is correct! He had some major blood loss before, so we have injected more, but there is a chance his body may react to it. Be careful!” she said seriously.

 

“I will! Didn’t I chart them correctly last time? I will do the same this time!” I smiled.

 

Head Nurse Kim, hesitated for a moment before swallowing deeply, sighed and walked away.

 

I watched as she scuttled away, unlike her usual proud self.

 

I tilted my head to the side and stared at her retreating figure questionably.

 

~

 

“Hello?” I whispered quietly through the gap in the door to room C15.

 

A soft grunt emitted from inside the dark room with along with some rustling.

 

I opened the door, switched on the light and stepped inside.

 

I looked towards the bed and found a young boy about only 15-16 years old.

 

The boy looked up and saw me standing in the doorway. His face lit up into a bright smile.

 

“Are you Kwon JiHyun?” I asked looking down at my clipboard to double check the name and age of the patient.

 

Hmm… Birthday on the 10 November 1996… he’s turning 17 in 5 days.

 

The boy looked at me and nodded.

 

“Hi! My name is Oh HaNi, and I will be your nurse for the time you are staying here.” I smiled and walked up towards his bed.

 

“Hello Nurse Oh HaNi,” smiled the boy shyly.

 

“It’s okay, you can call me noona, if you want,” I smiled kindly and ruffled his hair lightly.

 

“Okay! HaNi noona!” laughed the boy weakly.

 

Even if he was 17, he still had the aroma, personality and looks of a little boy.

 

I turned around to check his blood pressure on the monitor next to his bed. There was a wire connecting a finger clip to the machine that would automatically analyze your blood pressure and heart rate.

 

I compared them to the charts and noted down the numbers carefully.

 

I noticed Kwon JiHyun staring at my every move.

 

I turned towards him, “Are you in pain anywhere?” I asked.

 

He shook his head.

 

“Okay then, if you are uncomfortable or anything don’t hesitate to call me with this button!” I said pointing to a green button on a remote connected to his bed.

 

He nodded.

 

“Okay then, I’ll get going!” I smiled and turned around.

 

Suddenly someone grabbed my arm tightly.

 

I turned around in shock and saw JiHyun clutching tightly onto my arm staring at me intensely.

 

“C-Can you stay with me? I f-feel… l-lonely” he stuttered weakly.

 

I looked at him and my eyes softened.

 

“Of course I can,” I smiled at him and pulled a chair close to sit next to his bed.

 

His face lit up with excitement.

 

~

 

“Noona, I’m hungry can’t I eat anything? I’m really hungry,” JiHyun pouted cutely.

 

“I’m sorry, JiHyun. I can’t give you anything to eat yet! It hasn’t been 2 hours yet. But I think Doctor Baek SeungJo is coming any minute now,” I said brightly.

 

“Doctor Baek SeungJo? Who’s that?,” JiHyun asked.

 

“He’s the doctor that operated on you,” I said, “and also he’s my-“

 

But I was cut off with a loud bang from the door.

 

I heard JiHyun’s heart monitor beeped wildly as he too got a great shock from the bang.

 

I whipped my head around and saw a young man in his mid-twenties standing in the doorway panting.

 

“JIHYUN!” he exclaimed and barged through to the bed and embraced him.

 

JiHyun’s heart monitor was going crazy by this time.

 

“Yah! Get off him! You will hurt him!” I yelled at the strange man, I pulled on his arms to get him off JiHyun.

 

However he was too strong.

 

“GET OFF HIM!” I screamed even louder my voice ripping through several octaves.

 

The strange man finally noticed he was in fact hurting the patient and dropped his arms immediately and backed away.

 

“Oh My, JiHyun I’m so sorry!” the man whispered anxiously.

 

I looked around the man in front of me and saw JiHyun grimacing in pain on the bed.

 

I sped towards him and noticed blood staining through his hospital gown. My eyes widened in shock.

 

 

A lump formed in my throat at the sight of blood.

I immediately turned around to press the emergency button on the wall.

 

Once I pressed it, I heard the great blaring of the alarm sound down the hall in the doctor and nurses’ area.

 

I heard a great shuffle of footsteps as they all rushed towards us.

 

The small crowd of nurses and doctors burst through the door, in the lead was Doctor Baek SeungJo.

 

He immediately noticed the blood patch on JiHyun’s clothes and rushed towards him.

 

SeungJo gently pried JiHyun’s hands away from his abdominal area and placed his hand on his face.

 

“JiHyun-ah, I know it hurts, but please I need you to calm down and stay still,” said SeungJo comfortingly.

 

JiHyun whimpered, but nodded his head slightly.

 

As SeungJo was doing this one of the other nurses tried ushering the young man out of the room.

 

He kept trying to get closer to JiHyun.

 

I rushed over to help drag him out of the room.

 

He put up quite a fight as he started screaming and throwing his limbs around narrowly missing several expensive medical instruments.

 

SeungJo however was not disturbed with this distraction, as he kept his eyes on his patient.

 

With the help of several doctors and nurses we managed to drag the young man into the hall.

 

The moment he was out the other nurses inside closed the door behind us.

 

I struggled with the man as he continued to attempt to break through the door.

 

After about 5 minutes he finally calmed down and slid down to the ground.

 

I sighed with relief when he did.

 

“Who are you?” I asked him suddenly.

 

He kept his head bowed and mumbled something I couldn’t hear.

 

“Sorry?” I asked leaning in to hear clearer.

 

“Kwon JiYong,” he said a little louder.

 

“Oh.. Are you related to Kwon JiHyun?” I asked.

 

“He is my little brother…” he mumbled.

 

“Right…” I nodded.

 

We stayed there in an awkward silence as I listened to the rustle of people and medical instruments inside C15.

 

“It’s all my fault…” JiYong suddenly said agonizingly clutching his head.

 

I stared at him but didn’t say anything.

 

“If I didn’t tell him to go… nothing would have happened, nothing would be wrong… It should have been me…” he cried.

 

I didn’t know what to say.

 

I bent down in front of him, “Well, it can’t be your fault, who would have known such an accident could have happened?” I said comfortingly.

 

Suddenly his head snapped up and stared directly at me.

 

I jumped back a little shocked.

 

I noticed tear streaks running down his cheeks.

 

He stared at me with intense brown eyes, his hair was black and pushed to one side and his face was slim and angular.

 

He suddenly grabbed my shoulders and pulled me against him. I screamed and tried to push him away, but he was too strong.

 

“Thank you nurse…” he said against my struggling.

 

I felt hot tears fall onto my head and his body trembling.

 

I stopped.

 

At that exact moment the door of C15 opened and Doctor Baek SeungJo stepped out.

 

~~~

 

HEYYY GUYSSS!!!!

 

OMGGG CLIFFF HANGERRRR XD WHAT WILL SEUNGJO’S REACTION BE? WILL HE BE HOT TEMPERED OR COLD?! WHICH REACTION DO YOU WANT FROM HIM? XD

 

WELCOME KWON JIYONG TO THE CAST!!!! XD (MADE UP FICTIONAL CHARACTER)

 

YAYAYAYAAYYYY

 

TO TELL THE TRUTH I HAD A HARD TIME WRITING THIS CHAP… ITS NOT A VERY GOOD ONE, BECAUSE ITS SORT OF A CHAP LEADING TO THE …

 

WELL I HOPE U GUYS WILL ENJOY IT!

 

UNTIL NEXT TIME CHAPS!

 

XOXO