Vacation

Playful Kiss/Mischievous Kiss 2

93.jpg

Oh HaNi

I think it’s a miracle for two people to like each other at the same time.

One day, will that miracle come true for me too?

 

~

 

“Oh My God!”

 

I jolted awake in bed knocking my forehead against something hard.

 

I clutched my head in pain slowly opening my eyes to the source of the noise.

 

I saw mother standing at the foot of SeungJo and I’s bed with her camera clutched tightly in her hands and eyes wide open.

 

“M-Mother?” I grumbled, my words slurring with fatigue.

 

“What happened?!” she screeched dropping her camera so that it hung around her neck and rushed over to my side of the bed sitting down next to me not taking her eyes off my face.

 

I figured I looked as horrible as I felt. Yesterday’s incident didn’t go down as well as planned.

 

“It’s o-oka-“ I stuttered.

 

“Mother, will you please tone it down an octave,” a deep sleepy voice groaned from behind me.

 

I turned around to see SeungJo still lying under the nice warm covers face half buried into the pillow and eyes closed. There was a faint red mark under his chin. That must’ve been the ‘something hard’.

 

However, other injuries from yesterday still showed.

 

“Yah! Baek SeungJo! I go on a holiday to try and help my youngest son feel better and now when I get back I find my other son all bloodied up and half dead!” she yelled in a half annoyed half motherly tone.

 

I looked over at mother and noticed that despite her menacing voice her eyes were filled deep with worry.

 

“M-Mother, it’s okay. We’re okay, I promise,” I said pleadingly with my hands held up in a motion of surrender.

 

Mother looked at me and her face softened.

 

She gently gripped my hands and looked into my eyes, “HaNi-ah, what happened… can you tell me? What happened to make both you and SeungJo look like this?” she asked worried.

 

I felt SeungJo stiffen next to me.

 

“J-Just... umm… Something at work” I stuttered unsure of what to say next.

 

I watched as mother sighed deeply, blink a few times and finally let go of my hands.

 

“Okay then, if this is the result of over working at the hospital I am going to have to do something about it!” said mother enthusiastically standing up from the bed.

 

I whipped my face towards her, my heart pounded in my chest. What was she going to do?

 

As soon as SeungJo heard this I felt him jostle the bed as he turned around to face his overly enthusiastic mother.

 

“Mother! Not this again!” whined SeungJo suddenly fully awake.

 

I turned towards him and saw that he had propped himself up on one elbow and was facing his mother with a tired look on his face.

 

“No! SeungJo, you have always bailed out on me in the last minute. Now that you have HaNi you cannot do this to me again!” she said confidently putting her hands on her hips.

 

For a mother she sure had style.

 

“Ugh,” SeungJo groaned and fell back into the pillows.

 

I turned my head back to mother and looked at her questionably.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked quietly.

 

Mother turned to me with a bright smile on her face.

 

“HaNi-ah! You and SeungJo must go on a vacation together!!!” squealed mother excitedly.

 

My eyes widened in shock. Vacation?

 

“Don’t look at me like that HaNi-ah. I will make sure you two go to a beautiful quiet place, away from the busy bustling city. Hmm… Hawaii? Jeju?” mother gabbled on excitedly.

 

I snuck a look at SeungJo who had his arm thrown over his eyes, lips pressed in a tight line.

 

I sighed.

 

A vacation would be great. More that great… it would be fantastic!

 

However SeungJo…

 

He was never the kind to go out on vacations with family.

 

Remember our honeymoon… That went down hill. With the exception of the last night of course.

 

My cheeks flamed red and I giggled unconsciously.

 

“What?,” a sharp voice cut through my daydream.

 

I didn’t notice that mother had already bustled out of the room and down the stairs. I had been too preoccupied with my own fantasies.

 

I looked over to my side to glare at the source of the voice, interrupting my happy thoughts.

 

SeungJo was lying face up on the bed looking up at the ceiling with a bored expression on his face.

 

He sensed me looking at him and turned his head towards me.

 

“What?” he said again in the same tone.

 

“Yah,” I glared at him.

 

“What?” he repeated, his voice getting more frustrated.

 

I pushed my mouth into a pout, however my eyes were still glaring.

 

“Ugh,” grumbled SeungJo and looked back towards the ceiling.

 

Fine then, if he isn’t going to say anything I might as well get up and get ready for the day.

 

“You aren’t seriously going to listen to mother and go on whatever lousy time wasting trip she is planning, are you?” asked SeungJo suddenly.

 

I stopped.

 

“Why would it be a lousy and time wasting trip?” I asked.

 

“Its… Just a stupid idea. I have more important things to do with my life.” he grumbled and turned over on his side.

 

“Even if it was a trip with me?” I asked quietly.

 

He didn’t reply.

 

I sighed.

 

I pulled myself up from bed and headed towards the bathroom collecting my things as I went.

 

Is it weird that my heart ached when he didn’t reply me? He didn’t necessarily say yes… nor did he say no.

 

I grumbled, frustrated and backed out of the bedroom door, closing it tightly behind me.

 

~

 

“HaNi-ah, come here!” squealed mother as I came down the stairs after my morning shower.

 

SeungJo had gone into the shower after me. He still didn’t say anything.

 

I walked over to mother who was sitting at the dining table with her computer open up in front of her.

 

I walked up to her and looked on from behind her shoulder.

 

“Yes?” I asked.

 

“HaNi-ah look at this! Look how beautiful it is here! Perfect!” she waved her hand over the screen.

 

I bent in close to get a better view of the screen.

 

Wow… the crystal clear water, crisp clean air, light blue cloudless sky, tanned beaches… its paradise.

 

“Amazing right?” grinned mother watching my reaction.

 

I nodded dumbfounded.

 

“This is where you and SeungJo will be going for the weekend!” squealed mother clapping her hands together.

 

 

“What?!” I screeched whipping my head towards her.

 

“Don’t worry now dear, all your plane tickets and accommodation have been planned for. I have already purchased everything. Now everything is waiting for you in paradise” she sang excitedly.

 

In my heart I was extremely grateful, however I wasn’t sure about SeungJo’s reaction.

 

Mother noticed my hesitation.

 

“Don’t worry dear, SeungJo is just being he usual antisocial self. What can he do anyway? Everything I purchased is non-refundable, and I have already called the hospitals and given you and SeungJo the weekends off!” smiled mother.

 

My arms automatically wrapped around mother’s neck and squeezed her tight.

 

“Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!” I squealed jumping up and down unable to hold in my excitement.

 

Mother laughed gleefully and laughed.

 

“Thank you what?” a voice cut through the happy atmosphere.

 

I stopped dead and turned my head around to see SeungJo standing in the middle of the doorway with wet hair, a woolen jumper and trousers with a blank expression on his face. His bandages had been replaced with new ones and his bruises still purple all over his body.

 

I let my hands slide from mother’s neck and took a step backwards keeping my head low avoiding eye contact.

 

“It’s your vacation son! Look!” mother said happily turning the laptop screen towards SeungJo.

 

“Yah, mother. Didn’t I say I wouldn’t participate in things like this?” SeungJo grumbled annoyed.

 

“Baek SeungJo! Is that anyway to speak to your mother?” glared mother at her oldest son.

 

“Okay, I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said it that way. But I’m busy at the hospital all week. I don’t have the time for a vacation.” Said SeungJo.

 

“No need to worry! I have had it all figured out, I called the hospital just then. They said that they were happy to let two of their most hard working staff members off for the weekend.” Laughed mother gleefully, sensing victory.

 

SeungJo’s eyes widened dangerously and his nostrils flared.

 

I shuddered involuntarily had his expression.

 

“Baek SeungJo, don’t give me that look. You will thank me in the end!” yelled mother, turning back to her computer.

 

SeungJo sighed heavily.

 

I peeked up cautiously at SeungJo, I squeaked with surprise to see that he was looking directly at me.

 

My eyes immediately dropped to my feet.

 

“Where are we going?” I heard SeungJo sigh with defeat.

 

I heard mother giggle in glee knowing that she had won this round.

 

I looked up towards mother as well wanting to know exactly where our destination was.

 

“The Maldives.”

 

~

 

My heart pounded hard in my chest.

 

My palms grew sweaty, sweat gathered on my forehead.

 

My breathing grew uneven as the plane back out of the parking terminal.

 

My hands started to tremble, not with excitement, but with horror.

 

This 10-ton plane is going to fly… in the sky…

 

I looked out the window next to me, I squeaked as I saw a plane ascend into the sky.

 

“S-SeungJo-ah,” I tugged nervously on his sleeve.

 

As the last resort of hope I turned to my husband who had lain his head back in the seat and closed his eyes.

 

“Hm?” he grunted.

 

“I-I… the p-plane… isn’t going to c-crash is it? It will make it all the way there right?” I squeaked nervously my voice cracking in several places.

 

Mother had generously booked first class tickets, so that there weren’t many people in the cabin with them.

 

SeungJo sighed heavily.

 

“Stop thinking nonsense, nothing will happen. Relax,” he said still keeping his eyes closed.

 

However the closer and closer we moved away from the terminal, the more frightened I got.

 

My heart pounded loudly in my ears and my whole body was trembling and sweaty.

 

What do I do?!

 

I closed my eyes and clasped my hands together to stop them from trembling.

 

I pray that nothing will happen and that we will arrive safely.

 

As the roar of the planes engines grew louder and louder my breathing grew heavy and my toes curled up in my shoes.

 

I clasped my hands so tightly together it hurt.

 

Tears were on the edge of my eyes, threatening to spill over.

 

The plane broke into a fast gallop on the runway.

 

Just then I felt someone grab my clasped hands.

 

I opened my eyes and found SeungJo’s hands untangling mine.

 

He entwined his fingers through mine left them in my lap and gripped them tightly.

 

“S-SeungJo-ah” I squeaked.

 

“Shh,” he said gently, placing his hand around my shoulders and pulling me close against his chest.

 

I dug my face into his shirt, the tears finally pouring out.

 

His hand gently caressed my head as we ascended into the air.

 

~~~

 

HEYYY GUYSSS!!!

 

IM SOOO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SUCH A LONG TIMEEE TT.TT

 

BOWS HEAD IN SHAME

BUT MY HOMEWORK HAS JUST BEEN HECTIC! I SWEAR TEACHERS ARE EVIL!

 

ANYWAY, HOW DO U GUYS LIKE THIS CHAP?

 

I GOT THE IDEA FROM U GUYS!

 

THE MALDIVES XD SAME PLACE KHUNTORIA (VICTORIA & NICKHUN) WENT… BAHAHAHA

 

ANYWAY, TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!

 

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!

 

UNTIL NEXT TIME FOLKS!

 

XOXO