Distraction

Falling for a Gangsta

 

 Your POV 

'Your therapy is over now _______-ssi, you may go now.' the doctor said.

I bowed to him and drop into my wheelchair. I didn't know that therapy could be so hard and make me so sweaty!

I slowly wheeled myself out of the therapy room and into the white corridoors.

I peered into other hospital rooms and saw families laughing together. My heart tugged at the sight.

I observed a child feeding his grandmother carefully, giggling when she let some cake drop onto the duvet and made a shocked expression.

I felt really hungry now, geez. All the hospital staff had done was feed me porridge and more porridge. YUCK.

I wheeled myself through the empty corridoors, whistling when i felt a painful thud on my knees.

I looked up and there was a boy standing on front of me. 'Ow." He said.

" OWW!" I said back, rubbing my knees.

I looked at him and guessed he was about 18 or so, his face looked defiant and gangster-like.

Gear god, i pray that this is not another gangster.

" Um, sorry!" He apologised.

I glared, and he was surprised before glaring back with narrowed eyes.

Eeeh... 

Then he pouted. I had this strong urge to pinch his cheeks, but i controlled myself.

After just standing there for awhile, contemplating with a musing look on his face, he smirked.

I cocked my head to the side, staring at him with my huge eyes.

" I'm assuming you're my noona, and so i will now treat you to a drink so you will be happier." He stated.

His feet tapped as if he was counting then he suddenly said " LOOK NOONA!" and pointed somewhere over my shoulder.

I looked around but failed to realise his sinister plan.

The guy ran to the back of my wheelchair and zoomed me across the floor way too fast.

" Ohhhhhmygod you retard! Stop, you'll kill me! Yah!!!" I screamed, my eyes widened as i clutched at the side bars of my wheelchair.

I leaned as far back as i could, gulping hard as the world turned blurry. I could hear his laugh resounding around me.

Shocked gasps came from all faces of nurses, doctors and patients alike.

The breeze made my hair fly back and exhilerated me.

On second thought, this was kinda nice! " Whoooooo~" I cheered, smiling widely.

He pulled to an abrupt stop and i nearly catapulted out of my seat. " Holy mother, let's do it again!" I shouted, snapping my head around to look at him.

He chuckled, pointing a finger in a direction where nurses and doctors and children with their mothers were gawking at me.

" Miss, please don't do that ever again. You've disrupted the peace in this hospital." A doctor scolded, looking at me angrily before storming off.

The name on his badge....Mr Jung, so familiar...

I shook off the thought, probably some dejavu but i couldn't care less.

I realised the boy was already next to me, slotting in coins into a vending machine. He got off the hook from a scolding.

" Yah, you!" I whined, pointing an accusing finger at him. " Meanie!"

He smiled, pressing a button and hitting the machine so that with a clunk, a drink dropped out.

He took it and handed it to me. " Oh...Thanks.....What's your name?" I asked awkwardly.

" Bang. Yong. Guk. at your service!" He said, making a peace sign and smirking with swag. I nearly choked on my drink.

My ears heated up and my cheeks tinted pink.

" O-okay Yong Guk-ssi." I said, smiling. The drink was tasty, i my lips.

" So, what's your name noona?" He asked. " Lee _____." and he grinned, holding up his fist.

I was puzzled, I stared at it. " What do you want me to do with it....?" 

He just jerked it and inclined his chin towards it. I just looked on cluelessly. " Fist bump! Paaabooooo~" He teased.

I huffed and punched his fist. " Owwwww." He pouted, frowning and rubbing his knucles.

I giggled, pointing at him with my free hand. He growled and i stopped, looking at the metal railings behind me, avoiding his eyes.

" How come no one's visiting you? It's lunch already." He said. " I could say the same to you." I shot back, grinning.

I couldn't help looking around to see if any of the 'Teentop' guys were lurking. No one on the escalator, or behind the large potted plants.

Truthfully, I felt a little strange without them around...

I shivered, shaking my head. I shall not think like that.

" Hey, earth to _______?" Yong Guk said, waving a hand in front of my face.

" Um...Oh, sorry, haha." I apologised sheepishyly. Trust me to zone out at the weirdest of times.

" As i was saying, my parents and brother died already, i have no relatives." He said cheerfully. Incredible how he could just say it like that.

He stuck his hands in his hospital trousers and started bouncing to an invisible beat.

My jaw dropped open. " Well, all i have left is my grandfather whom i think is a fraud and a buncha-" I bit my lip there.

I almost said gangsters. You never know how people will react to that kind of news. An example is me.  

This guy would probably run away after that.  

" A buncha?"

" Nothing. Basically i have no family too." I said, biting my lip. It hurt thinking of how my parents died. The scenes were crystal clear.

" Cool, we have somethin' in common now. So what's your dream?" He asked, looking at me curiously.

I gulped after making eye contact with his weirdly intense eyes and looked down.

" Hummmmm....A doctor, so i can help save peoples lives." I answered, fiddling with the hem of my hospital gown.

" Oooh cool," he said, impressed, " I wanna be a rapper because i love music. I guess you wanna save people so they don't end up like your-"

" Don't." I said, gripping his wrist hard. He nodded understandingly. Tears began to pool in my eyes.

I wish i was older so i could have saved them....

Yong Guk leaned down and was shocked when he saw tears in my eyes.

" H-hey, its okay..." he said, kneeling down and hugging me. I just sobbed harder, my emotions from the few days before finally exploding.

I couldn't ignore the boys anymore, but it still hurt so much....

" All i ever did was put up a brave front for my parents, but they still left me all alone." I whimpered, clutching his shirt.

" Shhh, shhh it's o-okay..." Yong Guk comforted, my hair.

 

 L.Joe POV 

I walked through the glass doors of the hospital, smelling of disinfectant.

As i went up the escalator, i saw ______-ssi in a wheelchair hugging another boy at the railings further off from the escalator.

I felt irritated and mad. " Crazy L.Joe, why are you mad? Sheeesh." I said to myself.

But seriously, why was that rascal with her, last time i recall she had no friends. And it's friggin Ban Yong Guk?!

He turned and i caught sight of his face. It's the who used to beat me up in school all the time.

She was ignoring us, and now she made friends with him? She was even hugging him.

" Damn it." I muttered before reaching the top and going down again. My fists clenched involuntarily.

Old ladies and nurses stared at me like 'why is he going up and down? Does he think this is a playground?' kinda stare which i ignored.

I turned and saw them going down from the glass elevator and ran off.

Why do you care about who she hangs with? She doesn't even want your help, L.Joe...


 

A/N

Oh, L.joe is falling for her, he's jealous.