Not alone

Falling for a Gangsta

L.joe pov

______ lowered her head, breathing short quick breaths as if she was nervous.

I wondered what was happening until a few dark splatters of water fell onto the hospital duvet.

' I can't walk.... C-can't walk...' she whispered hoarsly, i could see her jaw clenched tightly as her head just barely shook from side to side.

The seriousness of the situation set in and i knew that no one could comfort her right now.

She had to get it together and decide how she would take this on.

' Should i call the doctor?' Ricky asked, his lower lip trembling slightly.

C.A.P was frozen staring at __________'s legs with a horrified face while the others had stony, unreadable expressions.

' Don't....don't call the doctor yet. Give me some time....t-to think.' _________ stuttered, swallowing thickly as she had been straining to keep her sobs in.

Changjo sighed and nodded, taking Ricky's hand and walking out of the room.

" Hyung, kajah, we need to report for duties.' Niel reminded me.

I reluctantly nodded then followed then out, the ward door closing silently behind me.

 

Your POV

I wiped my eyes dry and breathed slowly, trying to calm my which i suceeded in doing 20 minutes later.

I sighed, feeling quite useless as i closed my eyes and let the sounds of beeping machines lull me to sleep...

~~~~~

' OPPA, WHERE ARE YOU?!" I shouted, looking around wildly. I couldn't spot my brother!

Car debris tumbled and horns shrieked from far away. I spotted my father crawling towards me. His face was covered in blood.

"Appa, please don't die!!!' I screamed, blood smeared my mangled hands and legs. 

The air smelt coppery and flames around me almost touching me. The smell of gasoline was suffocating.

My father panted heavily, taking haggard breaths.

' _________…...euuunhhh....keep t-this.....uhhheeee-gasp- safe......' he gasped out in a high, sqealing voice as if he couldn't breathe.

He reached me, his eyes squeezed nearly closed. I saw tears streaming down his face, mixing with blood and sweat.

" A-appa....We're going to be a-alright, right? We're going to go home and see mummy right?" I timidly asked, my eyes rolling all over the scene and my fathers face.

He smiled, showing his cracked teeth. I whimpered in horror. He suddenly stuffed a small item into my hand and i grasped it tightly, with wide eyes.

His whole boddy shuddered as he heaved his last breath and moved no more. I thought he was sleeping, but his eyes were glassy and open.

I realised he died. 'Appahaa!!! Oppaa!!!!' i screamed wildly before figures came, taking hold of me as my legs dangled uselessly.

" No!! I wan't my appa!!!" I screamed, my tiny hands clenching at air as i was placed on a stretcher.

I saw shinwoo oppa being carried onto a stretcher in the smoke while water roared, putting out the gasoline-fueled flames.

His face turned towards me, eyes closed.

' Oppa!!! Wake up!' i sobbed, my throat painful... I never saw him again...

~~~~~~

'Oppa...wae? Why did you leave me? Oppa...died...They're all gone...' I awoke, sobbing into someones chest. I fisted the persons shirt, crying until i heard that familiar voice whisper ' Its okay' and caress my face.

He wiped away my tears, ' You're not alone.' My eyes widened and i pushed him away.

' You don't need to care about me.' I say coldly, wiping away my tears fiercly.

L.joe's mouth opens as if he wants to say more but just nods his head, gets up and walks away.

" Aish.." I said tonelessly before flopping back onto the bed and trying to sleep.

The next morning my grandfather rushed to the hospital after hearing I was so called paralysed. He told the doctor to start therapy immediately.

He tried talking to me but i remained passive. After that dream I was reminded of how i lost everyone who was ever close to me. I didn't wanna get close to them. Just let them house me.

" I'll be going now, _______-ah." Grandfather said, smiling before walking out the ward door in that ridiculous japanese getup of his.

The boys dropped by from school to give me flowers.

" Noona, do you like these sunflowers?" Neil asked, smiling. I just nodded, gving him a tight smile without taking the flowers.

His brow crinkled in confusion as to why i was acting this way. I usually joked around with him, deadpanning.

The others were equally puzzled. I didn't care anyway.

They stopped trying to make conversations with me and quietly left the flowers in a vase before leaving.

Chunji hung back and gave me a bunch of handpicked wild daisies. " _______-ah, i hope you get well soon..." He said, looking into my eyes.

I almost wavered for a second, looking into those clear brown chocolate orbs.

I turned away and nodded, trying to move my legs again but all i got was a vicious spasm.

His eyes grew a little wider before he patted my shoulders gently and left.

I felt irritated. Why they bother so much about a weak, now handicapped girl like me.

They're not even family.

I suddenly recalled L.Joe's words yesterday and smirked.

Not alone? I prefer to be alone, maybe then i wont have to face losing anyone again.