Discovery

Falling for a Gangsta

 YOUR POV~ 

I tossed and the hard leather couch. I couldn't fall asleep even if i tried to. Aigoo...what should i do? Warn Yongguk oppa... 

After i mouthed 'Evil' to Yongguk he nodded seriously and mouthed back 'Keep calm.' then, he sat in front of the couch i lay on, his large frame kind of making me feel more secure.

My heart was pounding. That doctor was probably from another gang... He killed my mom...What if he kills me?

Then again, he shows no signs of recognising me. I opened my eyes and looked at Yongguk.

He was sitting there staring into space seemingly. I hope his eyes were actually on Mr Jung.

Mr Jung finished cleaning his sharp tools and suddenly turned around. I noislessly jerked in surprise and quickly closed my eyes.

I heard him walking towards the couch, his footsteps getting louder and louder.  'Keep calm... He won't do anything to you.'

Suddenly, they stopped. I heard the sound of something flying through the air and landing with a dull thud.

Time seemed to stop for an eternity. He just killed Yongguk didn't he. 

He just killed Yongguk. My heartbeat raced as i involuntarilly tensed my muscles. At this rate... Hyperventilation...

 I felt a rough hand clamp over my mouth and snapped open my eyes, screaming muffled by the hand. I blindly thrashed around, trying to scratch something. Anything.

" Shhhh!" Yongguk said, peering at my face anxiously.

" What the HELL?!" I whispered angrilly, swiping his hand off my mouth. Then i hugged him in relief. Yongguk gasped and hesitantly pushed me off him.

Silence ensued as we both cleared our throats. My eyes suddenly saw a piece of cloth on the floor.

" What's behind-"

" No, don't look." Yongguk told me. " I killed him before he killed us both."

He killed Dr Jung. Oh my god. Wow. " How did you do that?" I asked in wonder.

" Just look then..." he said reluctantly.

I peeped over his shoulder and saw Dr Jung lying on the floor, a dagger through his chest with a widening blodstain around his fatal wound.

Clutched in his hand were two syringes with a green liquid in them. Those were meant for us.

I jumped up and hugged him again, this time on purpose, hanging on while he tried to pry my arms away. 

" He killed my mother... He was going to kill us...I'm indebted." I mumbled. Yongguk froze before nodding, letting me hug him tight.

" I'm your bro now remember? I promised to help you no matter what. Now we gotta inform the head of this school that Dr Jung tried to kill us."

Yongguk let me drop from his neck where i previously was clinging like a koala to, then picked up the infocom reciever and called the office. 

The ringing tone stopped and a woman on the line spoke in a sugary voice, " School secretary, how may i help you Dr Jung?" 

Yongguk visibly cringed and said, " This isn't Dr Jung, Its Bang Yong Guk. I need to speak to the principal."

I walked around the room, a deep freezer below Dr Jungs desk catching my eye. 

A moment of silence and the voice came back screeching, " What? This is not legal. Student, come to the office now! You're not supposed to use the-"

He rolled his eyes, leaning on a wall and threatened the woman. " M'am, i think we need a compromise over here. Remember what i told you before?"

" Oh, you're that student." Fear was evident in her voice. I wonder why...

And likewise, i wonder what's in the freezer. I opened it, letting the freezing air flow out, white as it condensed rapidly into the atmosphere.

Vials and envelopes were stacked inside it. I gasped as one envelope slipped out, a picture of my family clipped to it.

" Yes sir, Dr Jung tried to kill us...." Yongguks voice echoed in the background. I did not register it. My fingers picked up the cold envelope, gingerly opening the flap on top and emptying the contents onto the desk. 

A key, a locket, another smaller letter and a few official documents fell out as well as stack of pictures of my brother. Older now. I thought he had died. 

This means Shinwoo is somewhere... Out there... And this man that lay dead at my feet had stalked him.

 

 

" _____-ah, what's all this?" Yongguk asked. " No time to explain." I rushed. I looked around the room, and spotted a backpack probably belonging to Dr Jung. I grabbed it, emptying out its contents onto the floor and packing in all the envelopes from the deep freeze as well as 'my files'. 

" This, is probably going to help us find every single one of the people Dr Jung's gang has been trying to, or has, eliminated. Including my now apparently alive brother."

Yongguk's eyes widened considerably. " We'll need all the help we can get. I'll call my gang, and you can call yours." I nodded, slinging the backpack over my shoulder.

Meanwhile, yongguk said to clear all the stuff i'd emptied out into the deep freeze neatly. The school security gang, Shinwha is coming down to take care of the body.

Apparently the world has gangs everywhere and i was the only one not notified.

Shinhwa arrived, and they shooed us out as if we were bothersome poopoo flies much to our irritation. So we left.

Some guy in cool glasses, Eric, he said, promised to interrogate us later.

Walking in the empty hallways, since everyone was already in class, Yongguk sighed. " That was, one of the most epic events of my life." 

" Yeah. And a few months earlier, i would never have dreamt of even seeing a dead body." I joked. We started poking each other for fun, neither having the intentions to go back to class.

Suddenly, i heard a stumbling and crashing coming from a dark corner of the hallway. Me and Bang shared a look.

' Not again.' i thought.

Yongguk stalked onward shouting, " YAH YAH! HAKSAENG! (student) NO FIGHTING IN THE LOCKER HALLWAYS YOU BASTARDS!" like a teacher with his deep voice.

" Bw-uh-oh? Haksaeng?" A drunk L.Joe stumbled out from the shadows, grinning manically.

 

A/N

WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON. OMG, i'm almost at 80, even when i haven't been updating due to a huger than life writer's block. How's life guise? <3 <3 Comments, if you'd be so kind ;-;

I hope you will enjoy, the next chapter, which will be markedly lighter and fluffier and funnier than this chapter. Expect a drunk L.Joe to liven things up ;)