The Date

Be My Tomboy!

~The Date~

Zico paced back and forth in his room in thought. “What am I going to do?!” He picked up his Hello Kitty plushie and pouted. “What was Jaehyo thinking?” After waiting for the reply he knew he wouldn’t get he set it back down on his dresser. “Maybe I should have stepped up.” He laid on his bed and thought about what happened the day before.

Jaehyo smiled at Alex  and walked over to her. “That was really great Alex!” After a pause he smiled. “Let me take you on a date tomorrow.”

“What?” Zico asked shocked by what he just heard.

“D…Date?” She asked confused as he nodded.

Taewoon looked between the three. “Awkward moment…”

“So what do you say?”

Alex answered quickly without much thought. “Okay!”

Zico’s jaw dropped as he looked at his brother who shrugged. *She said yes…*

Checking the time on the watch Zico sighed again. “There date starts in a few minutes.”

Taewoon walked in his room and looked at him. “So you’re worried about Jaehyo and Alex’s date huh?”

“N..no!” Zico shouted as he sat up and looked at him. “Why would I care about that gender confused girls date. Besides she isn’t my type at all, now maybe if she was Yoona from SNSD or something then I might just be worried!”

He laughed at his brother and leaned against the doorframe. “Alright so assuming you don’t like her then you’re a concerned friend. You have two options in such a situation. One you can just forget about it and wonder what happened for ever or two you can go and see for yourself. Jaehyo gave her all the details out loud in front of us.”

“No way am I spying on one of my best friends and a girl. Not gonna happen hyung so go find your fun someplace else!”  He said as he turned over in his bed.

Taewoon looked at him and smiled. “Okay….” He turned to go but stopped. “Wonder if he’s gonna try and hit first base…but then again he’s a pretty handsome guy he might shoot for home base…too bad I won’t be able to know!” With that being said he left.

Zico scoffed at the comment. “Like he would have the guts to go for anything more than a kiss…” He closed his eyes just to picture Jaehyo and Alex in a dirty postion, he jumped up in his bed and looked at the clock. “If I leave now I can still get to her house before he picks her up!” After grabbing his keys Zico ran out his room.

Taewoon was watching from the hallway and snickered. “I knew that last comment would get him..seeing as my brother is being difficult I’m gonna have to do things the hard way.”

Alex sat outside her house and smiled. “I finally have it all figured out…me, Key, Jonghyung, and Amber go on dates all the time. Jaehyo hyung didn’t mean date date…he just meant a friendly date.”  She thought for a moment and then pouted. “Zico hyung looked kinda upset yesterday…maybe I should give him a call and make sure he’s okay.” *Then again Taewoon did tell me he was fine when they got home…* She smiled again. “I’ll stop by his house after I go out with Jaehyo.”

“Alex!” Jaehyo smiled as he walked into view. “Sorry I didn’t get here sooner, I was helping my mom.”

She nodded as she looked around. “No car?”

He shook his head and grabbed her hand. “Nope, good news is the surprise I have planned for you isn’t too far and we can get there by foot. Bad news is you have to wear this.” He handed her a blindfold as she starred at it. “Come on, it’s not that bad.”

“Yeah except the fact that I won’t be able to see with it on.”

“Please?”

She sighed as she covered her eyes up. “There…”

“Now follow my lead.” He grabbed her hand and led her away.

Zico followed behind and watched. “So he’s already holding her hand…what if he really does try to make it to home base?”

When they finally stopped there where in a beautiful garden, in the center by a fountain was a table and candles. On the table where pink and red roses. “You can take it off now.” Jaehyo said as he looked at her.

Alex did as told and was speechless at the sight. “Wow...this is amazing.”

He pulled out her chair for her and smiled once she sat down, he sat across from her and snapped his fingers. Two guys dressed as waiters came from behind bushes and set down a tray before each of them. After a bow he left and Jaehyo watched Alex smell the air. “You ready to eat lunch?”

“Yeah….” They both opened the trays and began eating and chatting.

Zico was still in hiding and he frowned. “What kind of movie did he steal this scene from.”

“He sure did go through a lot of trouble.”

Zico jumped at the sudden voice and slowly turned, peeking out from behind the wall was none other than Taewoon. “Aish! What are YOU doing here hyung?”

“I came to see how things were going. I figured you would get worried after what I said. Wonder what he has planned for after they eat lunch.”

“Why does it concern you? Don’t you have a job to go to or something?”

He laughed as he shook his head. “My brother is my first priority.” He thought for a second and smiled. “Hey Zico, I think I know of a way to help you out here.”

“Help me out huh? What do I need help for? I’m just here to make sure no one gets hurt.”

“Fine then…” Taewoon said as he watched along with Zico. *I’ll wait for the right time.*

After a few minutes of eating Jaehyo looked at the time and smiled. “The movie I bought tickets for is gonna start soon. We should head out.”

She nodded and smiled at him. “I’m glad we can do this! I mean I went out with many friends but none of them have ever did something so cool for me before.”

“Friends?” Jaehyo looked at her his smile now gone. *So she thought this was a friendly outing…does she not understand the meaning of the word date?*

Zico smiled when he heard the word. “So she just wants to be his friend…” *So there was no need to worry…* “Let’s go hyung!”

Taewoon looked back at Alex and Jaehyo and then followed Zico.”So you don’t want to see what happens next?”

Alex’s phone rang and she answered it. “Hello…Jonghyun.” After a pause she stood up fast. “She passed out?!?! Where are you guys now? I’ll be there in a flash!” She bowed as she gave a worried look. “Sorry Jaehyo hyung, but Amber is sick and she needs me!”

Jaehyo nodded as he looked down. “Go…”

She nodded and ran.

Zico and Taewoon were walking away when Zico heard footsteps running. “Taewoon what are you---“ He turned around only to catch Alex who bumped into him. “Alex, what’s wrong?” Her eyes where watery. “What did Jaehyo do?”

“Sorry! I need to get to Amber!” With that said she ran off again.

Taewoon gave a confused face. “She sure was in a rush…wonder what’s wrong with her friend.”

“What are you doing here Zico?”

Both boys turned to see Jaehyo. “We were just walking…”

“You where spying on me and Alex huh?” He balled his hand into a tight fist. “You like her don’t you?”

“What are you talking about? Like I said I was walking around with my brother, no big deal.”

“I won’t give up so easily, friend or not I can’t let you get her. She needs someone who can like her.” Jaehyo said as he released his hand and walked passed Zico.

Taewoon looked at his brother who stood there. “If I didn’t know any better Zico I would say that’s a challenge.”

“Shut up!” Zico said as he looked away. “I never said I liked her…” *But if I did would that cost me my friendship with Jaehyo?* He watched his friends retreating figure. *Could I really…be falling for a girl like her?*