Back At One

Be My Tomboy!

~Back at One~

Alex starred up at the ceiling in thought. “That guy looked like Zico so much…” *But Zico looks cooler, and his eyes are nicer, and his smile---* She pouted. “Why am I thinking about that jerk anyway?”

“What jerk?” Amber rolled over in the bed so she was looking at her. “When you asked to spend the night I didn’t think that meant you actually staying up all night. We have school today you loser.”

She looked at Amber and nodded. “Then let’s get dressed best friend!” She sat up with a smile. “I won’t think about that jerk anymore!”

The girls made their way to the school by foot, neither of them owned a car. “Thanks again for letting me sleep over.”

“Of course! What are best friends for?”

“It’s good to see you again Alex.” She looked at the guy who stepped out from the ally, watching him walk toward her closely. “You’re that guy from last night…Zico’s twin!”

“I’m not Zico’s twin. I’m Junhyung.” He smirked as he looked at Amber who was starring. “Do you see something you like?”

Amber blushed and looked away. “As if!”

“What are you doing here?” Alex asked him confused.

“I came to see you, I didn’t get to say much last night but I was hoping to make it up today. Someone as beautiful as you…it would be a crime to let you go.”

She listened to his words, she was dressed normally but he didn’t make one comment about her looking like a boy. “But…I look like a dude.”

He laughed as he shook his head. “I can tell you’re a girl…a very pretty one at that.”

Alex couldn’t help but smile. *He looks like Zico…but there different.*

Amber pulled her along. “We need to hurry or were gonna be late.”

“I’ll see you again!” Junhyung called out as he waved to them. “Have a nice day at school!”

Zico waited at the entrance of the school for Alex. *I feel so desperate! This isn’t what I do…I hate her for this.* He then remembered the surprise kiss he gave her and sighed. “I should have given up that night when I thought things through…” He saw them coming and jumped off the steps. “Alex!” He called out to her.

She looked over at him and tried to walk around but he wouldn’t give them the chance. “Move it! I don’t want to see your face so go away!”

He grabbed her and looked at her. “I wanted to say I was sorry.”

Amber rolled her eyes. “Do you always sing the same song? How about you let her go and disappear!”

He ignored Amber and looked at her. “I’m being serious here!”

Alex shoved him back and grabbed Amber’s hands. “Let’s go!”

Zico sighed at his fail. “Oh boy…this is gonna be hard, I don’t like hard.”

Amber looked back and let out a sigh of relief. “He’s not following us.” She looked at Alex. “You okay? He didn’t hurt you when he grabbed you?”

She shook her head, Jaheyo happened to be walking down the hall and saw the two girls. “Hey Amber, Alex.” When he saw Alex’s odd facial expression he got seious. “What’s wrong?”

“Zico.” Amber said as she looked at him. “Is there a way you can put him on a lease, or lock him in a cage?”

“No, why? What did he do this time?”

“Nothing really…what are you doing here so early?” Alex asked him with a new formed smile.

“Oh I was hoping to bump into you so I could give you this!” He took out the Hello Kitty item and smiled. “You dropped it the other day and I thought you might want it back.”

She smiled widely as she took it. “I thought I lost it! Thank you so much hyung!” Wrapping her arms around him she gave him a tight hug.

Jaehyo laughed as he hugged her back. “And to think Zico told me to throw it away, I told him it must be important.”

Alex paused and let him go, she looked up at him hurt. “He…told you…to throw it away?”

“Yeah, he said it wasn’t important but I told him that it had to be to you because you were wearing it. Why? Is there something wrong?”

She laughed a bit and shook her head. “No way.” Seeing as it was a gift from Zico himself hearing that he said those things was like stabbing a steak through her heart. The bell rung and she smiled. “Let’s all go to class togeather!” She grabbed both partys hands and pulled them along.

Amber laughed as she followed her. “What’s with the sudden rise in energy?!”

Jaehyo looked at the back of her heard and tilted his head. *She…she was hurt when I told her what Zico said. Did he give that to her?*

Zico was sitting in his desk with her cellphone in his hand, he was going through her photos. “Figures someone like her wouldn’t have any y photos in here.”

“Shouldn’t you return that?” He looked back to see B-Bomb. “Don’t be alarmed, I came to give you back the notes you lent me.” He looked at the phone and laughed. “I’m starting to think you have feelings for her!”

“Yeah right…”

B-Bomb laughed. “I wouldn’t blame you…she’s hard not to like. Careful with how you play these games though Zico. Not only can you come out hurt but she might too.” After handing him the book he left.

Thinking about what he said Zico sighed. “But that money…Taewoon hyung could use it…”

“Jaehyo you should come over for dinner one day! Umma loves having my friends over!” The sound of her voice got his heart beating fast, he quickly shoved her phone in his bag and watched her enter arm linked with Jaehyo and Amber. Both him and Jaehyo met eyes, he received a smirk. He looked at Alex and noticed the Hello Kitty hanging from the bag.

*So she kept it after he gave it to her…if I’m starting over then I need to find a way to get her talking to me. I won’t lose her to Jaehyo!*