The Night of the Prom

Be My Tomboy!

~The Night of the Prom~

Alex stood in her room looking in the mirror, she was wearing a dress and had extensions in her hair. Amber had walked in the room and smiled at her. “You ready to head out Alex?”

Amber was also wearing a dress but she didn’t change up her hair at all. “I’m ready, let’s get this night over with Amber.”

Amber stepped aside so she could leave first. “Now that’s the smartest thing I’ve heard you say in a long time.”

Zico stood by the door as his parents took pictures. “My boy looks so handsome!” His mom said as she smiled. “He grew up into a fine young man, the girl going to prom is one lucky one.”

His dad nodded in agreement. “If she is the same girl he has been talking about for a long time I guess we can expect to see her in a tux as well. That would make a very interesting photo.”

“Come on guys…” Zico complained the doorbell rung and with his parents he opend the door. Alex stood there and he was shocked to see her looking like a girl. “Alex? What’s with the change in appearance?”

She gave him a small smile. “I’m gonna put on a show today and thought it would be nice to play the part to the fullest.”

“Show?” Zico was confused but before he could ask anything his parents pushed him by her side.

“Say cheese.” Alex smiled and let Zico do the cheese, after taken tons of pictures they met up with the others in a limo rented by Jaehyo’s parents. Zico and Alex where both quite, he couldn’t put his finger on it but something was up with Alex and it was bothering Zico.

Just as he thought about her it hit him. Today was the day he would find out if he won the bet or not, he would have to get Alex to admit to having feeling for him. *That kind of ruins my mood a bit…dammit all. How stupid do you have to be to make such a stupid bet Zico. What if she doesn’t admit to anything?! She’s stubborn.*

Alex noticed the worry on his face and put her hand over his. “Don’t worry Zico…everything is gonna go as planned tonight.”

“Before you were talking about a show and now you’re talking about a plan. Is there anything you want to tell me Alex because right now I’m really confused and not sure what the hell is going on inside your mind?”

Jaehyo was listening to the two and cleared his throat. “Where almost there guys.” He said which distracted Zico from the current conversation, when the limo pulled over the group got out. The place where the dance was held was nice, and big. Zico spotted Beast and told all the girls to find them a table to sit at and they went to Beast to talk.

“So you actually crashed our dance?” B-Bomb said with a smirk.

Yoseob looked around and smiled. “Where is that girl of yours Zico, Junhyung was curious as to what she was wearing today.”

“Don’t worry about her, all you guys need to focus on is hearing her confess to me. You’re not here to make small talk with her.”

Junhyun nodded as he looked at him. “Your right.”

Dong Woon looked around bored. “Well for the time being I’m gonna find someone to dance with. Get me when you’re ready to go.” He waved before walking off.

“We should head back to our dates.” Jaehyo suggested, all his friends nodded and they left Beast to meet up with the girls at the table. Amber who was Key’s date was pouting. “I should have hunted Henry down instead.”

Key laughed as he pulled her up. “Come on and dance with me little brother.”

“B..brother?! Hyung!” Amber called as he led her away from sight.

Alex laughed, soon the group all separated and she was left sitting down with Zico. Neither of them where talking and made sure not to look at each other. “Umm…would you like to dance?” Zico said breaking the silence.

“I guess so, after all it is a dance.” She stood up and let him lead her to the dance floor. It was a slow song playing so they stood very close, after a few seconds she sighed. *Guess it’s time to get things started.* She stepped back and bowed at Zico. “Zico…it’s been fun.”

“What?”

She walked up to the stage and after talking to the singer who had the mike he handed it to her and told his band to stop playing.

Key looked up and sighed as him and Amber stopped dancing along with the others. “So she really is gonna do it.”

Amber looked in the crowed and spotted Jaehyo who watched. The whole gym got quiet.

“Hey guys! I’m Park Alex or known to a lot of you Tomboy. I wanted to come up here and say to my date Zico that I really like you!” Zico looked shocked but smiled, he didn’t expect none of this. “I also wanted to say that I’m moving back to America with my parents.” Now his smile faded. “That’s really all.” She bowed and gave the mike back, as the music started she left the building, Amber and Key following behind.

“Alex!” Zico called as he ran out to catch up to her, his group and Beast followed suit. “What do you mean America?! You can’t just leave after saying that!”

“You won.” She said as she turned to face him.

“What?”

“You won the stupid bet you made with Junhyung.”

“You knew?”

“Yeah, Jaehyo was talking about it to himself and I overheard it. Then I went to Junhyung to find out the full story and he confirmed it. You didn’t tell…”

He looked down. “Of course, because you would have gotten mad.”

“Duh but I would have helped you and got past it!” She walked over to him and punched him hard in the face. “See by lying to me all this time it makes it hard for me to know if anything you said to me was a lie or true. Maybe you were playing me from the start! None of that matters though because I’m leaving.” Alex looked back at Key and Amber. “Let’s get going.” They got into Key’s car and they pulled off.

Junhyung sighed. “You disappointed me, I was gonna forget the bet if you told her everything kid. You wanted to win so bad are you happy now? You won…but at what cost.” He waved as him and the others made there leave. “Enjoy the rest of your prom.”

Yoseob looked back and called back. “Oh and just so you know…Alex looked really pretty tonight, thanks for making sure she showed up.”

Zico sighed as he looked at his friends. “Can this get any worse?”

Jaehyo shook his head. “Not really…”

“Number one rule of games…don’t fall in love with the target.” P.O said as he went back inside.

Zico was left standing alone and sat down on the ground. “What am I supposed to do now?”

Taewoon watched from and unknown spot. “My kid brother sure isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. Good thing Jaehyo told me everything ahead of time.” During his time watching the scene he had already began thinking of a plan to help out his kid brother.