Misunderstanding Part 1

My Brother is My First Love

Sunnie's POV

I thought the Double Date we had yesterday was great. Oppa seem to have hit it off with June, and Seungri and I certainly did enjoyed each other's company.

I was fixing up breakfast when Oppa came over to my house.

"Sunnie-ah is breakfast done yet?" he complained.

"No be patient since you like coming over to my house and mooch off of my cooking every Sunday morning and not help."

"I can't help it if my best friend is such a great cook I just have to come over. Plus you know how I can easily burn down the kitchen."

"True, but just sit and wait. If I hear a complaint from you one more time, you are eating burnt eggs and sausages."

Immediately he sat still and started to flip through TV channels. "Okay, it done. Oppa come and eat!"

"Good! I'm starved. I'm so hungry I can eat a cow." I looked at him. "You say the weirdest things." We ate our breakfast and placed our dishes in the sink. I washed the dishes, and of course Oppa doesn't help.

While I was washing the dishes, I started to hum to a happy tune. Oppa hugged me from behind, which made me flinch a little. "Why is my bestie so happy today?" He whispered into my ear.

"Well, first of all. Our double date yesterday went great. And of course I'm glad my oppa found someone he likes." Oppa looked at me in silence. *Well I wish I could tell you what really happened, but I don't want you to get hurt.*

"Oppa, what's wrong? You seem deep in thought." He shook his head. "Hey, you want to hangout today? Jus me and you?" I nodded my head and finished cleaning the dishes.

-------------------------------------------------

Oppa and I decided to go to the park for a stroll and play on the equipment just like we use to. I sat on a swing and Oppa pushed me. We went on the slides and the merry-go round. We played basketball at the nearby court and I end up losing.

I pouted. "Oppa, that is so unfair! You have a height advantage!" "Mian, Sunnie. How about I treat you to ice cream? Will that make you feel better?" I nodded my head like a little kid who just got something she wanted.

He ruffled my hair and gave me a piggy back ride to the ice cream parlor down the street. We sat at our usual window seats at the back of the shop.

We bowed at the ower of the shop. "Hello Sunnie and Dongwoon. Long time no see. If I'm not mistaken Sunnie wants a fruit sherbet cone and Dongwoon wants chocolate chip cookie dough?"

We shook our heads. "Thank you Ahjusshi." We giggled at each other. "Oppa, remember how when we were little we couldn't afford two cones so we had to share one. And we always got what I wanted?"

He nodded. "You were such a bully back then." I shook my head. "Nuh uh. I was always nice to you." I flashed him an innocent smile.

The owner came with our ice creams."Well, aren't we having a lovers' quarrel here?" We looked at each other and blushed.

"Ahjusshi, we aren't a couple. We are just good friends who treat each other like brother and sister." Dongwoon said.

"Well, if you two ever get married don't forget to invite me." the owner teased. "You two make a great couple." He winked at us and left.

We smiled at each other. I blushed. Me and Dongwoon? A couple? I looked at Oppa while he was eating his ice cream and staring out the window. I never noticed, but he does seem kind of handsome and cute. Wait! What am I thinking? He is like a brother. I like Seungri!! Sunnie, snap out of it!

I ate my ice cream peacefully. When Oppa paid at the cash register, I heard a familiar squeal. "Oppa! Here's my baby!" I turned around. It was June!

I tried to look at who this 'Oppa' was. Meanwhile Dongwoon suddenly turned around. I did not want him to feel heartbroken so I pushed him out the door. Too bad, I did not get a glimpse of the guy.

"Sheesh, Sunnie. What is the rush. Why are you pushing me out so fast?""U-uh" I stuttered. "I forgot to feed the goldfish at home. So let's go."

"Sunnie, you don't have goldfish." He looked at me. "Then let's go buy some!" I said.

"Oh wait, I left my house keys at the shop by accident. Let me go get it." I pulled onto Dongwoon. "How about I go get it for you." I flashed him a smile.

"You are acting so weird. I can get it myself." We both struggled to get in the shop. Dongwoon insisting he get his keys himself, while I offered to get it for him.

We walked to our usual seat, and Oppa grabbed his keys. "I got them you weirdo." He ruffled my hair.

We both turned around to the exit, but to my dismay, it wasn't Dongwoon that was heartbroken. It was me!