Twenty-three

Mystery 6
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*Ahem* applied Christianity and questioning the lord. This is only a part of a FANFIC. Don’t take this too seriously. I love God. :D

 

 

 

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun stayed at their house, sitting on Kyuhyun’s bed as the younger messed his hair, listening to Siwon’s screams with the sounds of the breakage of glasses and other things falling. Siwon was alone in his room. The police told them to stay at home and let them investigate the crime scene alone. It was too much for Siwon. Just looking at his beloved all covered in blood and lifeless, he wanted to take a blade and leave cuts to his wrists. He doesn’t know how to continue. He wanted to take his anger and sadness away. But he doesn’t really know how. He wanted to scream and use all of his remaining voice that seemed so useless without Heechul to hear it. He wants so cry all of his tears but there will be no Heechul to wipe them. He wanted to curl up into a ball but Heechul wouldn’t be there to pick him up and tell everything’s going to be fine. Siwon is nothing without him. Heechul is his strength. And without him, every second of his life is worthless.

“Kyu...” Ryeowook whispered his boyfriend’s name, rubbing his back with his soft palms to calm Kyuhyun down from crying. The younger’s mind is really a mess. He was sad, mad, guilty... All of the emotions mixed up in his head. The only emotion left him was happiness. Heechul was like his mom, his parent along with Siwon. He was so furious at himself and to the security in his hyung’s condominium. How the hell didn’t they see any killer entering Heechul’s room? It’s a despicable act for Kyuhyun, which is right. He’s blaming the security and the guards responsible at his hyung’s place. They could’ve been careful. It’s their fault, Kyuhyun thought, repeating the same line in his head. Though it was really worthless to think that way. Blaming them wouldn’t bring him or anyone back to life. Blaming them won’t catch the murderer.

Kyuhyun looked at his red-eyed boyfriend and eyed his restless face, staring at the eyes locked up with his. Now how can just a stare from this mere boy fade away all the whirlpools of emotions filling up his mind? It was just like a fantasy. Yet it scared Kyuhyun too. What if he will lose Ryeowook like Siwon lost Heechul? No. He wouldn’t let that nightmare happen. Now that he lost Heechul, he wouldn’t be too careless to lose the man he loves so much. And thinking by those thoughts, Kyuhyun involuntarily caressed Ryeowook’s cheek where the other leaned towards the touch.

“I’m so sorry, Kyu... I’m so sorry for your lose.” The purple haired man whispered and touched Kyuhyun’s hand that touches his cheek, looked at those grieving pair of eyes deeply. He let out some muffles of almost inaudible sorry’s and cried along with Kyuhyun. Ryeowook knows how important Heechul is for his boyfriend. And he knows too that the man supports them both in their relationship. He had done so many things for them and now he’s gone.

“It’s okay... We can go through this...” Kyuhyun held back the tears gathering up in the corners of his eyes, all set to block his sight of Ryeowook burying his face on his chest. The latter doesn’t want Kyuhyun to see him cry. He wants and needs to be strong for his lover’s sake, and also for his hyung, Siwon. He was the one who is suffering so badly the most. He is the one who is crushed so much. His everything went into tiny little pieces that would take forever just to put it all back.

                As Ryeowook and Kyuhyun cried in each other’s arms, Siwon lost it. The house reminds him of his love. Everything reminds him of the most unique man he ever met. The two in Kyuhyun’s room hear the loud bang of the door, hinting them that Siwon went out of the house. They glanced at each other, eyes showing worries to the other. They wanted to comfort him, to ease the pain that the death of Heechul had given him. But how? Both of them really don’t know how. They too had large wounds inside their hearts. Ryeowook had his eyes landing on the window. It was almost night. They were crying their eyes out for hours now. But seems like their eyes had all the tears they need.

“Kyuhyunah, it’s getting late.” Ryeowook said to the other, wiping the tears with his thumb. “I think Siwon hyung needs someone to cry on outside.” He said though he has no idea where the older went off to. Kyuhyun grabbed his phone as a response and dialled Siwon’s number.

After some several rings, nobody answered.

“I think it’s better to have his time alone. He’s the most hurt in all of us.” Kyuhyun said though his voice cracked a little from too much weeping. Ryeowook slowly nodded his head, understanding Siwon’s situation completely.

“I... I should be going home, Kyu. Once Siwon hyung comes home, comfort him, okay?” He gave Kyuhyun a tight squeeze. He doesn’t want to in on families. Kyuhyun and Siwon is facing a tough time. Though the both of them takes Ryeowook as the part of their family, Ryeowook still needs to give them time for their own. The right time will come that he can comfort the two. But the wound was only just recently place and stabbed their hearts. Ryeowook still doesn’t know how to put them together.

“A-Are you sure?” Kyuhyun stood up after Ryeowook, grabbing his small wrists with all of concern. “It’s dangerous to go alone. I can’t afford to lose you too.”

Those words actually touched the other. He didn’t expect Kyuhyun’s response. And he couldn’t decline either.

Kyuhyun pulled Ryeowook’s wrists to put him into an embrace. His emotions are playing in his head still. After all of these happenings, he will do anything just to keep Ryeowook safe. He will protect him and Siwon from everything as he can.

“I’ll take you home. I’ll protect you.”

 

(Siwon’s Pov)

 

I landed my hand on the long chair. This brown long chair that had white clothing on the end, flowers put up beside the aisle with red carpet going to the altar. All of these are prepared, put up by him. Our wedding is all set. How can he leave me? Why did he leave me? Why in this time?!

I stared at the statue of the saints, furrowing my brows with anger. How can they take him from me?! I did everything I can! I am a devoted Christian and I did good things! Why?! Why must you do this to me? Am I not good enough? Heechul... Bring him back to me... God... I beg you...

“Ahhh!!!” I screamed and kicked the flowers beside the decorated seats in the church. “WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO UNFAIR!” I screamed and pointed at the statue of Jesus.

“WHYYYYYY?!?!!?” I started to break everything I see. These are all useless! Useless! USELESS!

I kept repeating the word in my head as I continue destroying everything that we had prepared. What’s the use? Heechul is not here. He took my Heechul! God took my Heechul away! Why must he?! I still want to show him how much I treasure him, how I love him so badly. I still have to see him walking towards me, wearing a white, fancy tuxedo he picked with all caution and taste. I still have to put him the ring that symbolizes our love. I... I still have to say I do and kiss him to make him officially mine...

Colorful, happy, meaningful, complete. That’s a life with Heechul... and without him... without him... Unfair.Cruel.Harsh. This is the world I must face alone now. Full of violence and injustice that I couldn’t go through... He was the reason of me being strong. He, along with Kyuhyun, is my reason for living. What should I do now...?

I have nothing anymore.

I gave my last kick to release my anger and my thoughts caught me alive.

“Oh god... I’m so sorry...” I whispered and kneeled, letting tears pour out down to my cheeks, putting noth of my hands on my face with lots of shame... “Please, god... I beg you... T-Take care of him up there... D-Don’t let him...don’t let him b-b-break his nails... D-Don’t t-touch his hair... H-He d-dislikes it w-when others r-ruin i-it... Please... I-In another life... B-Bring us back together...” I stuttered and choked with my own tears, breaking down in the midst of my sadness as I continue to murmur Heechul’s name redundantly.

That’s my last wish. If I lost Heechul now, maybe it’s not the right time for us to be as one. But I couldn’t be with someone not him. He’s my all. My one and only. The person I will love now and then will be him. Only Heechul... But still... I am clueless with what should I do...

 

 

==============

 

 

Siwon decided to go to Heechul’s condo. He wanted to help the police on solving the crime. He wanted to lend a hand on solving Heechul’s death and bring justice to his fiancé.

“Check the security cameras, cctvs, the log ins and outs of all the employees and guests.” He heard inspector Donghae commanded his underling. The police saw him and let him enter the room. After seeing him cry for his beloved, they couldn’t help themselves but to let Siwon in pass the guards.

“Mr. Choi...” Donghae spoke the name of the new company. “I assume you’re here to help or maybe watch our investigation?”

The taller simply nodded, searching for the body of his beloved.

“He’s not here anymore. We brought him to the hands of our other colleagues for further investigation.” The young inspector understood the meaning of Siwon’s eyes and answered them.

“What can I do to help?”

“Look for clues.” The officer gave a faint smile as he followed his underling towards the condominium’s control room to see any footage from the cctvs. Siwon, minutes after listening to the others about the topic of ‘Lee Soo Man getting caught by lieutenant and detective’, did what he was told though he doesn’t really know what kind of clues he should be searching for. He thought that he should go see the places that no one expects to have clues. So Siwon looked at the small trash bin that Heechul used to throw his papers on. He smiled to himself as he looked at it. He really doesn’t clean, Siwon thought and went down to the bin. Papers of attendance of his students, lesson plans, his other things he usually throw are in the trash. But then a small piece of paper made a shock all over Siwon’s body. He started at it with shaking hands, bringing the piece of crumpled paper nearer to his eyes to have a proper view. His brow furrowed and his mouth became dry, tongue tied due to his discovery.

“B-But Heechul didn’t even—!” Siwon’s words were blocked from the sudden loud bang from the door, revealing the sweaty, panting inspector with words that made all of the people in the room in chaos, unable to tell what’s their first movement.

“I know who the killer is!”

 

 

 

 

                Kyuhyun and Ryeowook arrived at the latter’s home. It was an average house, painted with the colour beige and wooden walls, showing off its nearly old age. Kyuhyun eyed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter