Nineteen

Mystery 6
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"You're such an idiot!" He hit him lightly at the back of his head.

"I'm sorry..." The taller man lowered his head, sincerely apologizing.

"Don't ever do that again! What if boss kill you next time?!"

"I'm sorry, Ming... It's just that MinHyuk figured out and I have to eliminate him fast."

Sungmin sighed.

"It's okay... I guess it doesn't matter now." Sungmin looked at Eunhyuk. "I'm sorry if I wasn't the one who bailed you out. I got no one else to call but Changmin."

"It was alright. Leeteuk and Shindong were there and it would be too obvious if it was you." Eunhyuk answered while looking around. It was already night time and they are still in their school uniform, sitting on the swings at a playground near their school.

"Don't ever do that again, you hear me? I can't afford to lose you." The blonde male started swinging slowly.

"Now that's just being cheesy." The other teased but Sungmin laughed it off. It was obvious that both of them are in denial of their feelings. They had no time to think about it anyway. They are chained to that man. They shouldn't be thinking about their own love life, instead they should prioritize keeping their lives.

"So..." Eunhyuk started a conversation again. "Who's the next?"

"I don't know..."

"Should we go there and get another job?"

"I don't even call this a job... It's a death wish."

 

(Eunhyuk's Pov)

 

I am glad that I killed him. No regrets. Even if Sungmin is mad at me for being reckless, I'm still not regretting. MinHyuk saw him. He saw Sungmin cleaning up the last job we had with that Tao guy. I had to keep his mouth shut.

Sungmin is my very best friend. I can't let him be punished and be caught by the police if that MinHyuk wasn't killed. Or worse, he might eliminate Ming himself.

I will do what I have to. I will protect Sungmin from the police,...and from him.

 

"I thought that the others from the group killed him... because MinHyuk was our friend and we did something they didn't like." Sungmin spoke while we were walking to the bus stop. "I don't know if it's a good thing that it was you who did it. I don't know if I should feel relieved..."

It was all over in his voice. He was afraid. He was not at ease. We didn't want this. We never did.

 

 

"Ahh...My favorite two puppets!" This old goose stood up from his seat and spread his arms as if he wanted a hug. "Finally interested for another work to be done?"

 

Tsk... Like we had a choice.

 

"Yes..." Sungmin bowed his head with all respect. Why is he like this? This man made us sin! This man is the root of all these mess! We've turned killing machines and organ collectors because of him! Why does he keep on respecting him? Yes, I respect our boss but only when in front of him! Not every time... Sungmin and I have been together for years now and I still don't get this part of him.

 

"Good, my outstanding Sungmin." He went to us then patted Sungmin's head. Like what's happening now, Sungmin is his favorite among us. I really don't know if they are blood related but he favors Sungmin a lot each time.

 

He went back to his table and sat at his chair, grabbing the handle of the table drawer to give us another task.

 

"Here." He plainly said, putting up a brown envelope in the air for us to take. Sungmin didn't hesitate to grab it then did another bow before leaving. I followed him, not even bothering to give my respectful bow to this old fart.

"One more... One more and you'll be done." He whispered in a deep, husky voice that was said loud enough for me to hear. I rolled my eyes without him noticing before I leave his dark, huge office. If it's not for Sungmin, I'll gladly accept his hands strangling my neck. But I have to stay with him. He has no one.

 

Sungmin and I stayed in his apartment tonight. We often go here. I rarely sleep to my house if it's not necessary. After we ate in silence and changed clothes, I stared at the untouched envelope lying on the couch. Should I open it and kill again for that despicable old geezer?

 

I was about to grab it until...

 

"Why are you so slow?" Sungmin got the envelope before me and smirked as he sat on the couch where the paper lies before.

"Who is it this time?" I ignored his teasing and relaxed myself next to him, stared at the ceiling as if we are not going to have our hands stained with blood.

I didn't get any response for a minute. I looked at him and saw his pale face, eyes huge with his jaw hanging.

"Who is it?" I asked for the second time but I sound more demanding and impatient. I straightened my back to look at him with a better view.

"I-It should be easy... He could be finished without difficulty." He stuttered a bit after a long sigh. I don't believe him...

"Tsk..." I reacted and snatched the paper from him and started reading.

 

 

Name: Cho Kyuhyun

Age: 25

Blood type: A

Height: 180 cm

Weight: 68 g

School: Paran Academy

 

My eyes became unbelievably wide while reading the paper. I skipped the other in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter