Twenty-one

Mystery 6
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(Kyuhyun's Pov)

 

I once again became picky to my clothes. Wookie and I will go shopping and will buy gifts to the future married couple. Besides from spending the night with Wookie, I'm excited too because Eunhyuk hyung might be going with us. He's really good when it comes to clothing and he can really help us out. I just hope he can catch up with us tonight.

I looked at myself in the mirror, checking if I look okay, fixing my hair endlessly as if I will be the one getting married with Wookie tonight. Well... I have to look good with him, right?

"Are you sure you're not going on a date with Ryeowook?" I heard Siwon hyung chuckle, standing at my door.

"Of course it's not a date!" I turned my back at him to hide my red face. "We're going with Eunhyuk hyung..."

"So if that guy is not around then you two will proceed on dating throughout the night?" He teased me some more. Geez... Heechul hyung influenced him a lot.

"Hyung!" I whined and he chuckled some more as I put up my coat. It was a brown coat I paired up with red striped long sleeves and bluish pants. I hope I look good... I looked at Siwon hyung and in an instant, he understood what I want.

"Yes, Kyu. You look handsome." He spoke with an 'okay' sign and sat on the edge of my messy bed full of clothes I rejected to wear. "So, where are you going for shopping?"

"At SM Mall just to be near." I made my last fix on my hair.

"Do you want me to take you there? Where's Ryeowook?"

"Sure, hyung! Wookie and I will meet up there." I glanced at myself at the mirror again and hyung scoffed before dragging me out of my room.

"It 7:05 pm. Didn't you say you have to go at 7:30?" He said with pulling me gently.

"Oh yes! Let's go!" I grabbed my wallet and I ran towards hyung's car.

 

***

 

"Aaiish!" I scratched my head hard with lots of frustration. We are stuck in a traffic jam for 10 minutes now. And it's already 7:40! What if Ryeowook's already there and gosh! What if something bad will happen to him?

"Kyuhyun, stop! You're messing your hair!" Hyung scolded at me.

"I messed it?!" I adjusted the rear mirror as fast as possible to see my face and fixed my hair again and again. I don't want Wookie to see me ragged or something. Since Wookie and I became a couple, I am always concerned about how I look.

"No wonder the cars aren't moving... Look." Hyung pointed at the police cars and ambulance parked at the side of the road, making the space narrows for the vehicles.

"What's going on?" I stopped touching my hair and stared at the police all over.

"I don't know too." Hyung's brows furrowed. I grabbed my phone and texted Wookie that I'll be late. But after some minutes, I didn't get any reply. I hope the police aren’t investigating his own accident.

 

 

We reached the mall at 7:55, worried that Wookie already left to go home. I bid temporary goodbye to my hyung and ran to the entrance of the mall.

"Wookie?" I mumbled to myself when I saw him talking to the guard at the mall. I stared at him meters away. God, he looks so dang cute!

He's wearing a striped sweater with a white polo inside. His hair looked soft and fluffy as usual and that the brown colour of it reflects his sweet and gentle personality that I came to love. I was still meters from him but I can hear his worrying voice from here as he looked around while seeing his lips say my name. He looks so fine. So desirable. His glow can light up the whole town and the sparks coming from his eyes despite of the worrying lie in them; can shine my night through it all. While running my eyes through him, I sighed in relief and smiled, making my silly thoughts of him being harmed disappear in an instant. I felt like laughing at myself for thinking too much.

But why does he look worried from the first place?

"Wookie-ah." I called him in a soft voice with a smile on my face as I slowly walked towards him.

"Kyu!" He screamed my name like he was searching and finally found me after so many years. Immediately, he hugged me once he reached me. Tightly. Smelling his scent that I couldn't explain how it made me feel better and comfortable, I smiled even more and returned the warm embrace.

"What's wrong, Wookie?" I felt him snuggle his head on the crook of my neck as I caressed his hair, adoring him.

"I thought you waited for me for so long that you went home... And I thought that something bad happened to you while waiting..." He broke the hug just to look at my face, showing me his lovely worrying pout as he eyed if I was okay. "I-I saw the police too and I thought--"

"Shh... Wookie, I'm fine now!" I chuckled and let my fingers run to his cheeks, cupping them with my hands affectionately.

I just realized... We were worrying about the same things! Is this...a form of telepathy? I laughed mentally for thinking such silly thoughts.

"What were you talking about with the guard?" I curiously asked. The guard looked young and almost just a little older from us. I felt a little jealousy rose to my veins.

"I told him some descriptions of you and asked him if you already went here. I-It was just--it was so traffic and I couldn't make it on time and I was so worried if I made you wait 'cause I don't ever want to make anyone wait for me after 'that'!" Wookie said without a stop.

After what?

"After...?" I wanted to know what is that 'that' part. He made it sound like so important and he said it with teary eyes. What was that?

"Umm..." He sniffed; little tears went out from his perfect eyes. "Yeye hyung waited for me after school before... I came an hour late and he wasn't... H-He wasn't there..." He started to cry more. I hugged him again.

"I reported him missing after two hours then but the police said that...that I should report a person missing who's gone for 24 hours... So I went home, thinking that he will come back and only went to buy us groceries... But he was gone all night until morning. I went to the police already but he didn't show even after days..."

I started whispering sweet nothings to him to make him better. I shouldn't have asked him about this. I want this night to be a happy one but I ruined it.

"Then after that... The police found him dead on the river side where I was supposed to meet him..." He continued and ended his story but with lots of difficulties from crying. I hushed him again, hugging him and letting him feel my heart beat to show him that I am alive and well. This explains his worried expression when he saw me arrive first at the amusement park on our date.

"Wookie... Don't cry anymore." I cupped his cheeks and stared at his eyes. "I'm safe. Don't cry okay, baby?"

 

(Ryeowook's Pov)

 

I cried as I told Kyu my hurtful memories at making someone wait. I truthfully like him embracing me like this. I listened and carefully feel his heart beat. It sounded so lovely. Like it was made for me. Like his presence will make me safe and sheltered.

He cupped my cheeks as I ended the story. Seeing his face near to mine made chaos inside my head and heart. I thought I should be sad and crying about my unwanted memories but his sincere stare made me forget about it all.

"Don't cry okay, baby?" He said to me and I felt his hot breath against my face, enough for me to freeze on my place.

D-Did he just call me b-baby?

My heart rose and increased its pace, like it was having its own marathon inside my rib cage.

"O-Okay..." I bowed my head to hide my face, stared at his red striped shirt, realizing that I still had my arms around his waist. I slowly removed them as I listened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter