I Wub You

The Foreigner/ Starstruck

Kai

“That was probably the lamest way someone’s asked for my number,” the writer-nim said.

Sehun’s ears perked up immediately. He elbowed Luhan, “Hyung! Did you just hear that? Jongin-hyung just asked for her number.”

Luhan said nothing, but a devious smirk was already forming on his lips. Get ready for the Luhan Interrogation Show, Kai.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There was an interminable virtual silence between the time their numbers were exchanged. Kai stared at his phone. Should he text her first? Should he wait for her to text him? If he did text her first, what would he say? He didn’t want to sound cliché, but he didn’t want to come across as a try-hard, either. How many days should he wait before texting her? Would she even do anything with the number?

“So… you asked for a girl’s number, huh?” Luhan wiggled his brow teasingly. He didn’t give Kai room to answer. “It’s the pretty writer-nim, huh? It didn’t look like it was your first time seeing each other. Do you like her?”

“Okay. Hold your horses, Hyung… or as much as a deer can hold on to horses.”

Unfazed, Luhan continued bombarding Kai with questions. “Do you think she likes you? Where did you guys first meet? Was it love at first sight? Who approached whom first? It was probably you since you asked for her number.”

“You’re getting way ahead of yourself, Hyung. We’re just friends, and she’s a fan.” Even as Kai tried to suppress all signs of emotion from his face, a small smile managed to creep up into his face.

“Sure. Because you smile for all your friends like that. Totally just friends, you two.”

“Oh, so it’s illegal to smile, now? I told you. We’re just friends.”

“But you’re hoping for more.”

“Hyung, stop putting words in my mouth.”

“I don’t have to. It’s written all over your love-struck face.”

“There’s just no way to win with you, huh?”

“Nope!” and with that, Luhan snatched the phone from Kai’s hands. “Which one’s the girl?” He started scrolling through Kai’s phonebook, trying to find the new contact.

Kai made a mental note to put a password on his phone later. In the mean time, he was trying to take his phone back from his hyung’s evil clutches. Too late, Luhan hyung found her.

“Clumsy? Clumsy? Really?” Luhan was laughing. “You even have nicknames for each other? How cute!”

“Hyung!” Kai’s patience was wearing thin. “Give me back my phone.”

“Hold on. Almost…done!” Luhan smiled triumphantly as he pressed send. “Here’s your phone back. And you’re welcome.”

“What did you do?” Kai heard the dread in his own voice.

“You’ll see.” With a wink, Luhan moved on to pester the other members.

Clarissa

From: The Dancer ㅎㅎ

Sent: 7:34pm

I wub you <3

A blush started creeping up Clarissa’s face for the millionth time today. She looked at the name, recognizing it to be his number right away. Did I really just receive a text from a kpop star? It’s Kim-freaking-Jongin too. OMG WHAT DO I DO???????? For a few seconds, she could only stare at the name, not even bothering to see the message.

When she got his number earlier, she thought he was just teasing her. He’s a star, after all. A STAR. Why would he want anything to do with her?

“Excuse me,” another shopper snapped her out of her reverie. Clarissa was standing in the middle of a grocery aisle, staring at her phone. She probably looked even weirder than she already did, being the only anomaly in the homogenously populated store.

“I’m sorry!” Clarissa quickly bowed her head before stepping out of the way. She looked back on her phone, finally noticing the message. ‘I wub you <3’ She stopped in her tracks. She was probably a shade darker than a beet. Clarissa rubbed her eyes and looked back at the screen. Nope. I’m not hallucinating. Were Korean men always so forward?

Is he being serious? He’s probably pranking me. Right? Even as she tried rationalizing in her head, she blushed at the thought of Kim Jongin—yes, KAI—saying he loved her. She giggled. She giggled some more. Clarissa looked up. People were giving her odd looks. She quickly looked down again. “Oh gosh, people must think I’m just absolutely mental now.”

What do I say, though? “I wub you, too”? She felt her tummy do summersaults at the thought, her face a hundred degrees hotter than her body temperature. “Contain yourself, Clarissa!” She chided herself.

Kai

Kai jumped a bit when his phone vibrated.

From: Clumsy ^^

Sent: 7:58pm

Um… are you sure?

She texted first! But, sure of what? Kai scratched his head. He then looked at the message history. Aw, crap.

“Luhan-hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung!”

--

Hey, guys! Hi to new readers, if you gave my fanfic a chance. :D I didn't get to update yesterday because I was too busy fangirling over their Happy Camp guesting. OMG they're so cute and squishy and funny and absolutely swoon-worthy!!!!!!!!!!! I wish Kris is always as hilarious as he was yesterday. I was dying from everyone's hilarity! Anyway, please don't be a silent reader! Criticize me! Haha I wanna hear what you guys have to say! And once again, thanks for reading! <3