Bonus Chapter

The Foreigner/ Starstruck

A/N: When I read novels with a limited point of view, I always wonder what the scene looks like from a different vantage point. With that in mind, I tried digging out Kai's emotions at the same exact time frame. I don't really consider this a real chapter since I didn't really move the story along. So just think of this as a bonus. :) I feel a bit bad though... sometimes I think I'm moving the story too slowly. Tell me what you guys think.

--

Kai

Kai was slowly suffocating in the sea of bodies, pushing and pulling him like a storm in the waters. He swallowed a sigh as the fangirls surrounded him, managing to somehow touch him everywhere—his wrists, his face, his hips, his shins. He couldn’t even slap the groping hands away. They’re fans after all. He looked down at his phone.

[2:37pm]: You know you wanna. ;) I’ll be in the 3rd floor.

Kai bit back his frustration behind his teasing text message—she didn’t need to know about the suffocation he felt. He looked around the room, trying to see if she was there. Come on, Clumsy. Are you coming or not? His eyes scanned the room once again, wall to wall, slower this time to make sure he didn’t miss her. His eyes landed on a lone figure in the back looking at him.

He let go of the breath he didn't know he was holding. Finally. He wanted to wave at her, motion her to come over, but made do with pretending to wave at the crowd. He didn't appreciate the fangirls right now: they were keeping him from talking to her. He wanted to in person, to say, "See, I knew you couldn't resist," maybe even wink at her. But he couldn't. He smirked at her instead, knowing she was looking. His smirk widened when he saw its effect on her. She's definitely a fangirl.

An idea popped up into his head. They don't have to play charades. Heck, they were in the 21st century.

[2:45pm]: I'm sorry I couldn't even have a decent conversation with you :(

He felt guilty, knowing he was making her wait for him. He looked up, trying to apologize with his eyes. What he saw was a gaze so full of understanding that he could only stare back. His heart started beating faster as she smiled at him, that eye smile that he's missed making their appearance again.

[2:48pm]: Is there something on my face? The fangirls are going to catch on if you keep looking towards my direction, and who knows what could happen.

He ducked his head to see the message and chuckled to himself. How can she be blushing madly, yet still remain so rational? Kai had to rub the back of his neck. She’s such a paradox. As she requested, he turned his head away, redirecting his attention to the fangirls. When he stole back a glance towards Clarissa, though, she was gone.

He started looking towards the doors, wondering if she really left. Unconsciously, he pouted. She didn’t even wave goodbye. She’s blushing one minute, and then the next she just leaves—

Kai felt a small hand gently squeeze his, and as quickly as it came, it was gone. Call it intuition or a reflex, but before the small hands could fully detract, he reached out and held on. Something within him just knew it was hers. No traces of the fangirls’ possessive, and often painful, grasps he’s become accustomed to, her hands felt safe and warm. He almost sighed at how natural it felt to hold her hand. He looked at her as she tried tugging it away. “What if people see?” She’s just so darn rational.

“We’re too crowded to be seen,” he smirked, holding on to her hand a bit tighter. He didn’t want to let go. Not when he finally felt like he could breathe again. Still, she gently pulled her hand away. “I just wanted to be closer to you for a bit. I’ll see you later.” And with a last smile, she walked away from the crowd.

Kai felt a pang in his chest as he realized that she had a habit of walking away first. But what hit him harder was the fact that he could never seem to run after her. 

--

Dun dun dun dun~! (Think Beethoven's 5th symphony haha) The plot thickens... from water to orange juice viscosity. hehe jk. But yeah. It isn't all rainbows and unicorns all the time (unless we're talking about Lay ^^)