Chapter Fifty-Nine

Wolf, the Top Gang

Luhan smoothly parked the car. Jinah unbuckled her seatbelt and took off her jacket there. She felt warm enough inside from excitement, and she didn’t think a team jacket would help. Besides… she looked at the team jacket. For some reason, she felt like she shouldn’t be wearing that. Not today. It was a strange premonition, but she didn’t want to challenge it. They navigated their way through the markets. On the way to Nana’s Bakery, they saw that a new convenience store opened. They visited just to see what it was like. Called “EZPZ”, the store had almost anything that could be consumed in or come in handy in a rush – triangular sushi-wraps, cup ramen, plastic bottles of flavored milks, pepero sticks, gum packets, and more. It had cigarettes in the corner, but neither Luhan nor Jinah were interested in that. Jinah, who doesn’t have a wallet, had left her two-hundred dollars (her share from Wolf winning the gang monthly poll) in her room.

          “You don’t have a wallet?” Luhan asked.

          “Nah. Never had money to keep it company, anyway,” Jinah answered.

          Luhan laughed a little. “Guess so. Here, I’ll pay for that,” Luhan said, taking the exclusive, limited-time medium-sized Yakult from Jinah. He also bought himself one.

          Again, before they turned around the block to Nana’s Bakery, Luhan saw the leather store that sold everything in leather – leather bags, leather pants, leather gloves, leather jackets, and leather wallets. It was the same store that manufactured their team jackets and matching wallets. It was a luxurious, expensive brand called Gajuk that was exclusively for Top Gangs. Luhan grabbed Jinah’s wrist and gracefully dragged her in. The unsuspecting Jinah choked on her Yakult from his touch and almost tripped on her own foot. They entered the store and Luhan swaggered in. He breathed in the familiar scent of real leather.

          Jinah, who was unfamiliar to the expensive aroma of pure leather, frowned at the strange smell. “What is this?” she asked.

          Luhan chuckled. Jinah may have officially been a full-fledged, original Pure Prix of Wolf, but she wasn’t entirely Prix-material yet. “It’s a leather store.”

          Jinah’s eyes widened as she snapped her gaze to Luhan in disbelief. “All of this is real leather?!”

          “Yep.”

          Leather was a very expensive material in DE. It was specifically reserved for the rich, and the fact that she could just venture in meant that she now had the money to be here. Well, her gang did, and that was mind-boggling.

          “Your team jacket came from this store. All of ours did. And,” Luhan let go of Jinah’s write to take out his leather wallet with the letters Wolf – LH shining in gold, “our wallets are also from here. So were your leather pants, and the leather wear we wear to the Rave.”

          Jinah’s mouth just opened. She couldn’t help but gape. Thirteen leather jackets, twelve leather wallets, twelve leather pants… how much would that cost? How many zeroes are at the end? Just trying to estimate made Jinah dizzy. Wolf really was rich, and it was probably just then that Jinah realized how rich Wolf was.

          “So why are we here?” Jinah managed to say in the midst of her daze.

          “To buy you a wallet.”

          Jinah’s eye’s almost bulged out of her sockets. “No! That’s so expensive!”

          Luhan laughed genuinely, his eyes crinkling slightly. He playfully and casually pinched her right cheek. “We bought twelve already.”

          Jinah smacked his hand away from her cheek. “Don’t do that.”

          “I will if I want to. I’m a Top Leader.”

          “I’m Jinah,” Jinah countered, although she knew very well that her rank as ‘Jinah’ wouldn’t even be considered to compare with Luhan’s ‘Top Leader’ rank.

          “Ooh, getting arrogant, aren’t you?” Luhan joked with his half boy smile.

          “Luhan, sir,” the owner greeted Luhan with a polite bow. He was wearing a modest suit, and seemed to be in his mid-twenties. He had clear skin and his hair was slicked back in a businesslike manner. “What can I get for you today?”

          “Wallet for my Prix. Same as usual,” Luhan said pleasantly.

          The man frowned slightly. “The same… for a female?”

          Luhan’s expression hardened instantly and the aura surrounding them became extraordinarily cold. It felt as if the air conditioner was all the sudden. “Of course. She’s my Prix. What did you expect I’d get her – faux leather?”

          “N-No, sir,” the man quickly said. “No, sir. I apologize, my thoughts have been short.” Then he said to Jinah, who blinked profusely in confusion, “I apologize, miss.” After a little apologetic bow, he turned to Luhan. “I will get the same for your Prix. What would you like on it, sir?”

          “Wolf dash JA,” Luhan replied stiffly. “Gold. Exactly the same as mine. Think of it as you were making a second wallet for me, alright? If it’s even a little lesser of quality than mine, I hope you will find me to be very unhappy.”

          “Yes, sir. I understand. I will think of it like that, sir,” the man said with a slight tremble on the last syllable. “Would you like to pre-pay or pay after your order is completed?”

          “What do you think?” Luhan snapped.

          “After, yes,” the man nodded. He seemed very anxious. Perhaps even scared. “It’ll be seven hundred sixty eight dollars, but you can pay at leisure, yes. Delivery, sir?”

          Jinah let hang open, despite the subtle look of disgust from the man. Seven hundred sixty eight for one wallet?! She tried to say something – a protest, express some gratitude, anything – but the amount was just too much for her to handle.

          “I’ll expect it within a week.”

          “As always. When I deliver it to you, I’ll give you a digital ping of the store’s bank account code, so it’ll be more convenient for you to pay, sir,” said the man.

          “Do that, then,” Luhan replied icily. “Slight man, watch what you say to Top Gangs, hear me? Including their Prixes.”

          “Yes, sir. I apologize again, sir,” the man said, bowing again.

          Without even saying goodbye, Luhan turned to leave. He took this time to take Jinah’s wrist again. Jinah, on the way out, bowed out of respect. When they were out of the store, Jinah found her voice. “Luhan, seven hundred sixty eight is just way too much for me, I don’t need a wallet, I can use a plastic bag or something. I seriously don’t need that, it’s too burdensome, and –”

          “Calm down,” Luhan said. His voice was a bit edgy. “I wouldn’t have done it if it was too much for me – and don’t bow to lowlifes like him.”

          Jinah, for some reason, felt a little hurt from his abrasiveness. From both the surprise from his tone and her feelings towards it, Jinah couldn’t keep her expression as still as she would have liked it to be.

          “I mean,” Luhan commenced. “I didn’t mean it like that. That came out wrong. It – just – I don’t know, I just –” don’t like people seeing you as if you’re a copy “–don’t like people questioning me,” Luhan finished. Luhan you’re so cowardly, he told himself. What’s hard about saying that? The fact that he hesitated bewildered him.

          Jinah nodded, not quite satisfied for some reason, but she understood. “Thanks for the wallet, I guess.”

          “Thank me after it comes.”

          “I don’t plan on thanking you then, so just take my thanks now,” Jinah said coolly.

          Luhan just stared at her. How dare she talk back to him like that? It was fascinating. Who knew a girl’s little actions could amuse him this much? “I plan on accepting it now and then,” he said. “Come on, let’s actually go to Nana’s Bakery now.”

 

 

-----------------------------------------

 

I SAW THIS ONE COMMENT AND IT WAS LIKE "WHY DOES IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO UPDATE" AND I DIDN'T REPLY TO IT YET BC I'M REPLYING TO COMMENTS IN ORDER BUT OMF YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE. AND I SAW THIS OTHER ONE ABOUT LIKE DYING IN SCHOOL BC YOU'RE WAITING FOR IT TO END OR YOU'RE HOLDING BACK YOUR LAUGHTER IN CLASS AND I'M JUST REALLY HAPPY SOME OF YOU GUYS SHARE MY LAME SENSE OF HUMOUR AND ASDFGHJKL yeah hehe will return to replying some more comments!! As always, thanks a load xo

Note: it does get slightly confusing at one part of this chapter.. but italics are thoughts and whatever's between quotation marks ["] are what has actually been said out loud. Just a reminder for some! ^^

 

-deardeerhan