Chapter Thirteen

Wolf, the Top Gang
          Luhan looked around the room and then glanced at the TV. Casper Johnston 1 was about to end as Johnston and his three companions were running back to headquarters. They had rescued and got on good terms with the beautiful princess. As the commercials rolled in, Chanyeol got up and stretched his limbs. Suho wrinkled his nose and rubbed his eyes. Everyone seemed to be in their disposition. Xiumin was wrong, thought Luhan – bringing an unfamiliar Prix didn’t change anything. Speaking of Xiumin… was he still talking to the counsel?
          He heard growling and complaining, and Tao’s reassurance. Nope, he’s here.
          Just then, Sehun and Jinah walked out of the same room. Both sat down next to each other on the ground. Lay came out from the wall, moving the structure aside and closing it again into flawless camouflage.
          Jinah’s eyes widened. “Whoa, what?”
          Lay laughed at her reaction. “That’s the infirmary. All the medical equipment’s there. We don’t want our medical inventory to be stolen so easily, do we?”
          “So you guys built the infirmary inside a wall?! Dude, that’s so fetch!” She came closer for a better look. You couldn’t even see any sign of possible movement, at all. “What’s with all the walls moving? First the statue, now this…”
          Suho suddenly laughed. “Imagine how surprised she’d be if we show her the headquarters.” Kris, Xiumin, and Kai shot him a cold look. Suho frowned at them. “What? Just a suggestion.”
          “What headquarters? Is that behind a wall too?” Jinah asked. Then, Luhan saw some light in her eyes, some emotion. It made him wonder. The feeling in her eyes didn’t leave …
          …until Xiumin growled at her. “Can you just shut up?”
          Jinah’s face darkened. The curiosity had died. Her eyes were clouded completely again. The emotion was gone just as quickly as it had come. She turned and headed for the kitchen, the kimchi stew package still on the counter, where Luhan had left it.
          Baekhyun shoved Xiumin, who glared at him. “What the hell was that for?” he hissed quietly so that it was audible for the gang but not for Jinah, who was busy fumbling with the plastic bag and the Styrofoam container.
          “I wanted her to shut up for once!” Xiumin hissed back.
          Baekhyun’s frown was unlike his cute, gentle face. “What do you mean ‘for once’? She hardly talks, and when she did, you just had to choose that moment to be rude.”
          Xiumin snorted. “Is telling someone to shut up that mean? We do it every day! Especially Luhan – all those girls he made cry – you never complained about that!”
          “Jinah isn’t a random girl, she’s our Prix!”
          “How about the both of you close your mouth so you don’t disturb the rest of us?” D.O said in slight frustration. D.O was usually in a good mood, but a hungry D.O was a grumpy D.O.
          Acquiescing to D.O’s request, the two stopped arguing. The gang started to watch the title, World War II Documentary, roll in and began intently watching that. Chen and Kris groaned at this bloody and tedious documentary. They had already watching this dozens of times. Bloodthirsty greeds like Chanyeol and Suho loved this documentary. It showed scenes of war with blood and weapons of all kinds. It was a hardcore guy thing. They didn’t even listen to the narrating – they were more interested in the ancient fighting techniques they used back then.
          Jinah opened cabinets, looking for a large pot to warm up the stew. She could find small and basic ones, but they weren’t even satisfying. Some were rusty and others had layers of burnt material it’d be harmful to even taste whatever’s been there. With a frown, she looked for bowls. There were six and all were dusty. Did this gang even eat?
          Baekhyun came over. “Need help?”
          Jinah was a bit surprised at his confrontation but she didn’t show it. “All the pots and pans and bowls seem either overly used or unused. I can’t use anything unless I plan on food poisoning all of you. Also… you guys don’t even have detergent. Or a sponge. Or any cleaning utensils other than a really old antibacterial spray which you use on tables prior to wiping them down with a tea towel, which I’ve failed to find too. Oh, and…” she opened two drawers at once, which were both empty and in the absence of cutlery, “what do you guys eat with?”
          Baekhyun shrugged. “Chopsticks from the take-out. Hands. Some of the old forks the last generation used. Cutlery from restaurants…yeah, pretty much.”
          Jinah frowned. “So you’ve been eating out and surviving on takeouts for two years?”
          Baekhyun nodded. “Guess so.”
          Jinah put her hands on the counter in front of her and began to analyze the situation. This Top gang didn’t live like one – they didn’t live with attractive maids, or pretty girlfriends/Prixes, and they most definitely did not use the luxurious floor built for them by default. They had all the traits from a typical gang – cocky attitude, arrogant smirks, good looks, fit body (most likely), dark clothes, intimidating and unwelcoming auras – but why didn’t they live like one?
          She’d been thinking and staring at one part of the wall for too long of a time. Baekhyun poked her shoulder lightly and just as he was about to say her name, she came down to a decision. “How much money do you guys have right now in this building?” the determined look on her face was so intense he was stunned for a minute, but he answered her. “Ten thousand dollars, something like that. Why?”
          She pursed her lips, confirming her decision and devising a plan already. This was Jinah in her natural state – curious, thinking, planning. This was her regular disposition – questioning, driven, and resourceful. The end of the right side of her lip tugged upwards. “We’re going shopping. Can you pack maybe a thousand bucks? Just to be safe. Or even a bit more…I don’t know the prices from the stores since everything was provided for me, but I doubt you know either, since it looks like you haven’t shopped for your own food and washing material and stuff.” She shook her head. She didn’t feel like moving, but she was hungry., and the gang probably was too. “At any rate, change if you have to. If not, get the money and let’s go.”
         Baekhyun raised his eyebrows at Jinah but nodded. They haven’t spent money lately so it wouldn’t hurt to go shopping, right? “Okay.” He hurriedly went to his room which was next to hers and Sehun’s, took his wallet, and shoved several bills in them. He grabbed his leather jacket and ruffled his hair a bit. Then he smirked as he walked out.
          “Yo, where are you guys going?” Chanyeol asked, hearing the ruckus caused by the two.
          Jinah slipped into her combat boots, Baekhyun into his black sneakers. “Shopping,” she replied tonelessly. She had nothing against Chanyeol, but she was hungry, and like D.O, a hungry Jinah meant a grumpy Jinah.
          Xiumin snorted. “We just accepted you in and you’re already trying to fulfill your so-called ‘feminine needs’? That’s our money you’re jacking.”
          “We’re shopping to feed your fat mouth, so be grateful you little juck.” Jinah shot him a careless but fierce glare. ‘Juck’ was dwelling-slang for idiot. The gang didn’t know that, but it wasn’t that hard to guess.
         Baekhyun raised his wallet so that the gang could see. “And it’s my money, not ‘ours’. I picked it up from Smoke last week.”
          With that remark, the two left the place. It was only then she realized there was no door. When she asked about it, he told her they only used the door in emergency cases. Since they were a Top gang, no one threatened or dared to enter their base. They then made their way through the dark tunnel and climbed up the stairs and exited the base. Then they walked in forward, the markets weren’t too far.
 

-----------------------------------------

GUYS THE DRAMA VERSION OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGG LULU~~~~~~ HIS EYES HIS HAIR HIS HAIR HIS ACTING WOW HE GOT SO MANLY I CAN'T EVEN. and obviously the OT12 looks gorgeous :x

 

Are the chapters getting shorter? o.o I have no idea since I don't have word count anymore.. (similar program - not the same). And I can see that you guys are waiting for the LuhanxJinah moments omfg I have them written but I have no idea what chapter it will be on T^T for the next bit, you'll see a lot of Baekhyun.. they're going to the markets to get some decent things > < AFTER THEY COME BACK I ASDFGHKL I WON'T SPOIL IT BUT THINGS HAPPEN OK >:) not as much as later on but still! I mentioned it before and I'll mention it again: this will be a slow paced story. Please be patient! > <

 

-Seohee