Chapter Thirty-One

Wolf, the Top Gang

The next four days were a blur. Everyone woke up past noon because of the past few busy days. Jinah had been occupied with tests at her dwellings, rehearsals for the ceremony, actually going through the ceremony, and taking care of the gang – cooking and doing the laundry. The gang’s schedules had been packed with searching for a good place to get prepped up for, gaming, and then dealing with Jinah. They went shopping for more material and food, for they were running out of milk and cereal. Baekhyun was kind enough to get her some more clothes – comfortable clothes, so that she didn’t have to wear outdoor clothes at home while her comfortable ones were being washed. They were almost always tired and the days were all similar to the first and second day at the base – only less eventful but equally lively. Jinah sometimes joined in on the video game sessions or sat down on the couch to catch bits of movies. But most of the time, she read in the room she shared with Sehun.

          The two barely exchanged words. In fact, because they slept at different times, they didn’t even say goodnight. Not even good morning, for Sehun always woke up earlier than Jinah. In the middle of the day though, one would tell the other it’s time to eat but nothing more. That was as far as their conversations went. And for some reason, Jinah didn’t mind the silence. It gave her time to think. Callidum. I need to visit, she noted. Her mind wandered off to more personal things too – about herself. The way she lost it at the Rave. Not completely, but still. And at the base, it got worse. After she woke up in the evening, she started saying weird things. The memory haunted her. Alcohol’s capability must not be underestimated. It was scary.

          As always, the gang acted in a similar manner to Jinah – awkward but nice. Not necessarily comfortable or convenient, but not too terrible. Sehun was okay more or less, since he never talked. Xiumin would drop rude comments once in awhile, and Tao never talked to her. He was smiling and talking to others, but it was pretty obvious that he’s trying to avoid Jinah’s eyes or greet her. Not that she noticed – Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen, and Suho kept her ears busy. Luhan would give her that latent smile, eyes narrowing, lips thinned. Every time he gave her that smile, Jinah would question her opinion on him. Is he really that cold and cruel?

          On the seventh day, Jinah woke up with a pillow on top of her face. She threw the pillow aside angrily, and it hit the lamp stand. The two things fell down, and she heard it. She could care less at this state. The light in the room was for some reason, which blinded her. “What the –”

          “She’s violent at ten in the morning.”

          “Well, she’s Shin Jinah of Callidum, right? Six records.”

          Jinah blinked a few times and her sight came into focus. Chen. Baekhyun. Jinah groaned and pulled her blanket up to cover her face. “What are you guys doing?” she asked, her voice muffled by the thick blanket.

          “Waking you up,” Chen stated the obvious. “Come on, you have thirty minutes to get ready and eat.”

          “For what?” she frowned from under the covers.

          “The interview of course,” Baekhyun said. Interview. Jinah vaguely remembered something about going live and an interview before they went to the Rave. “Why do you think I look so nice? You probably can’t even tell the difference though. I always look nice,” Baekhyun joked as he tried pulling the blankets down.

          Jinah kicked him. Even if the kick was cushioned by the thick blanket, it still hurt. Baekhyun’s mouth gaped open as he held his thigh and hopped, holding his noises of pain inside as Chen covered his mouth to suppress his laughter. “Go away,” Jinah growled.

          Baekhyun and Chen exchanged a look. Baekhyun stopped hopping and Chen stopped laughing. They nodded at the same time before they both pulled the covers down, grinning while shouting, “Rise and shine!”

          Jinah would have growled louder but by now, her rationality was put into place. She was a female. They were Top Members, male. Gang. DE. The aftereffects of alcohol still remained, even after four days – dizziness, headaches, stomachaches – but the delirium and weird urges to do stupid things were gone. Jinah’s whole head felt really heavy and it wouldn’t go away, much like these two males who were staring at her in amusement. She looked at them and they stopped grinning. She didn’t look like someone they could be playful around anymore. Instead, she looked dead serious. Like an Army instructor or something. Well that brings old memories, thought Baekhyun.

          Jinah kicked herself up. “I’m so tired,” she admitted.

          “Well we were at the Rave, and you probably aren’t used to… you know, everything. And you got dru – I mean, tired, at the Rave a few days ago, so…yeah,” Baekhyun said. The little word-change was because of the glare she was giving him. The gang had learned not to mention Jinah’s drunk experience in front of her. “Our first trip to the Rave was exhausting. Wasn’t it, Chen?”

          Chen nodded hard. “Yup. Yup. Yes. It was. Yeah. Yup.”

          Baekhyun frowned at his over enthusiasm, but didn’t say anything.

          Jinah sighed. “I’ll wash up. Can you leave the room?”

          Baekhyun nodded and nudged Chen. At the door though, Baekhyun turned back and saw Jinah making a step to the bathroom, her hand in her hair. He said to her, “You can be mean to us, you know. As long as you wipe that scary look off your face.”

          “No, don’t be mean to me,” Chen said with wide eyes. He looked at Baekhyun, “Are you crazy? She can kill us!”

          “So? At least she’ll talk!”

          “You’re willing to risk your life for Jinah to talk more? Baek, you’re insane!”

          “She’s our Prix, isn’t she? She’s our priority now!”

          “She was hilarious the other night…” Chen laughed softly at the blurry memory of Jinah being delirious. Jinah glared at him. She didn’t want to be reminded of that night or the night after that. Her glare made Chen gulp and yell at Baekhyun, “See? If looks could kill, we’d be dead already! And she’s tired right now! Can you imagine how much scarier she’d look once she’s fully awake?”

         “She’s our Prix!”

         “Who is scary and strong enough to frighten and kill a lion!”

          “She’s pretty!”

          “Well yeah, but what does that have to do with this?! Pretty as she may be and she’s hella pretty, but she’s also scary as sometimes! Even before she talked!”

          “Still our pretty Prix!”

          “Still our pretty and scary Prix, you mean!”

          As the two bickered, Jinah chuckled quietly to herself. Neither of them heard the small laugh of hers. She just shook her head as she went into the bathroom to wash up. It was only when she closed the door did they realize she was gone.

          They looked at the door that had just closed. They heard water running from the sink. The two smiled at the door. “Hey, Chen…do you think that –”

        “Jinah’s like Aheun or her? No. Not at all,” Chen said confidently and slightly nostalgically. “Not one bit.”

          Baekhyun smiled, feeling strangely reassured. “Jinah really is different.”

          Chen shivered, returning to his old self. “Good and bad. She may be amazing and everything, but she does come with a package called ferocity.” He lightly hit Baekhyun’s arm with the back of his hand. “Let’s let her get ready. Do we have some of that cereal left?”

          “Barely but enough. We really need to buy more boxes next time,” Baekhyun said. Then he asked hesitantly, “Do you think Jinah will like the things we got this morning?”

          Chen shrugged. “If her expression is bad, prepare to run ten kilometers nonstop. She’ll snap our necks.”

          Baekhyun laughed as the two left Jinah’s and Sehun’s room. “It’s funny how it seems like we’ve known Jinah for a long time. Like, I feel really comfortable around her. And it’s not like she’s comfortable with us. She’s not predictable either.”

          Chen frowned. “She’s very predictable. Do something right, she’ll nod and walk away, looking chic and cold as ever. Do something wrong, and she’ll murder you asleep or awake slowly and painfully.”

          Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “People aren’t that simple.”

          “D.O is. I can read his mind any time.”

          Baekhyun snorted. “Reading minds isn’t your ability, Chen. Yours is blue zz-zzz-zz.”

          Chen laughed. “What the heck is zz-zzz-zz? And anyone can read D.O’s mind. Even you.”

          Baekhyun frowned. “Yeah?” he took out the bowls he and Jinah had shopped for on the first night as Chen took out the milk. “What’s on his mind right now?”

          “Food.”

          Baekhyun laughed and so did Chen. It really was easy, now that Baekhyun thought of it. D.O was quite simple – food, shut up, and clean up. That’s D.O for you.

          Jinah, who was completely oblivious of Baekhyun’s and Chen’s chat finished washing up and showering. She came out feeling clean. The bathroom was so much nicer and newer than the dwelling’s one’s. Her face fell a little at the thought of her dwelling – Callidum. I will visit, she promised again mentally. Six days passed, and another day was about to do the same. She still had time. She changed to her old clothes though – camouflage pants and gray shirt. She needed new clothes…two outfits were a bit hard to manage. The washing machines helped though. They had three. Well, they were a Top gang…

          Jinah came out of the room and casually went to the kitchen for food. She would have continued pouring the cereal and whatnot if the gang was looking elsewhere. They were all staring at her. Of course, except for Xiumin. “What?” she asked them, narrowing her eyes a bit.

          Chanyeol nudged Suho, who sighed. “I don’t really see what the big deal is…” Suho mumbled.

          “Then go you idiot,” Chanyeol said, nudging Suho again.

          Suho exhaled as he got up. “,” he muttered to Chanyeol. A large shopping bag was in his hands. Jinah frowned and Chen flinched. She raised her eyebrows at that as Suho walked over to her. “Here,” he said, handing her the bag with stuffing paper sticking out at the top. “It’s yours.” Suho leaned back on the kitchen counter as Jinah placed the bag on the dining table.

          As Jinah put the stuffing paper away, Chen started counting how long it would take for her to explode. One second past death, two seconds past, three seconds… Jinah finally reached the box inside it. “What is it?” she asked, but Suho just flapped a hand at her, motioning her to go on. She looked at the rest of the gang, suspicious, but most of them weren’t even meeting her gaze now. They looked…anxious. Very anxious. Lay was smiling at her kindly. Luhan had a smirk on his face as he watched her. Something about his gaze made her look away and her eyes landed back on the box. “It isn’t a bomb, is it?” she asked.

          Baekhyun laughed, but even that sounded nervous. “No. It isn’t. You trust us, don’t you?”

          “Not really…” Jinah said truthfully. She stole a glance at Baekhyun, who was chuckling. “I swear. If this is some prank –”

        “It’s not. Open it,” Kai said. “Aish, this tension. I can’t handle it any longer. Just open the thing!”

          Jinah frowned at him, but she looked back at the box. “If it’s something stupid I will beat you all senseless,” she murmured, but Chen heard it and all the sudden he felt himself perspiring. She opened the box and stared at it. She blinked once. Twice. Thrice. She looked at the gang and blinked once. Twice. Thrice. And then back at the content of the box.

          Baekhyun his lips. “Well?”

 

-----------------------------------------

 

/dodges knives and forks OMG CLIFFHANGER AGAIN AHAHAHAHA don’t die guys I’ll update soon and all! In return, can you all please gift me some karma points? I plan on advertising this story, as I have mentioned this before. Every point counts. Thanks to four people who sent me enormous amounts! <3

 

Also note that the Rave was on Jinah's second day. I listed preparation for the ceremony as one of the things that kept the gang & Jinah busy because really, the past thirty chapters happened over a course of total four days (first two days were around the ceremony, the next two in the next like twenty chapters LOL). Crazy, huh? Eventful days, yep… and because explaining how dull Sehun is throughout the days, how annoying Chen/Suho/Baekhyun/Chanyeol can be, etc...will bore you. So I did a little time-skip. This chapter takes place on the seventh day together, so it’s been a week! :)

 

 

*Idk why AFF keeps making this chapter rated.. o.o like I'm ok with my parents or 10-year-olds reading this over my shoulder!!

 

-deardeerhan