Chapter Twenty-Three

Wolf, the Top Gang

“So, entertainment. Money as wager. Any gang other than a Basic – jack no,” Baekhyun shuddered.

           Lay came back. “Got us all and Jinah organized for 4MINUTE & SISTAR. They’ll do everything within an hour. Get ready, we’re leaving for the dress now. Did you guys decide on a color?”

           “Black,” Luhan said firmly, before anyone else could answer. He got up from his chair.

           Lay glanced at the other members who either shrugged or nodded. “Okay. Black. Can someone get Jinah?” he said, taking the keys from the key plate.

           They went tense, but Sehun solved the problem for them. He went into his room, which he shared with the Prix. Relaxing a little, the rest of the gang packed their “official gang clothes”. Sehun didn’t really fear Jinah, he honestly didn’t. So he didn’t think there was anything wrong in telling her that they were going to leave soon. “We’re leaving soon,” he simply said to her. “Get ready. We probably have ten minutes before we get out.”

           She sighed and closed her book. She was reaching the end of the book, he noticed – it must’ve been hard to detach herself from the book, for she was most likely near the ’s results. “Dress shopping, right? To the markets?”

           Sehun nodded. She ran her fingers through her hair and got up from the chair, and the two left the room. “Don’t you need to bring anything?” he asked. He didn’t know what she needed to bring, but seeing her leave empty-handed like that…it made him think that she forgot something.

           “No. It’s just shopping, right? I don’t have a fonie anyway.”

           Sehun frowned, “Fonie?”

           Jinah nodded as she put her hood up. The rest of the gang were filing out too. “You know, that little device where you can call and text. Lay and Luhan had one of them.”

           Sehun blinked. “You mean a phone?”

           Jinah’s mouth opened. “Um – oh. Yeah. That. Phone. I meant phone.”

           Sehun scoffed softly, but kept his face blank. “You’re funny.”

           Jinah blushed a bit. Making mistakes wasn’t on her to-do list. “Shut up…”

           “Let’s go.”

          Was that an invitation? Was Sehun initiating a conversation, let alone continuing it? What happened to the ‘emotionless demon of the gang’? Jinah was surprised. But he did keep his face expressionless…and, well, he probably did come to tell her that…it wasn’t a big deal…

          They walked to the markets because the car could only take five people legally, nine illegally, but there was no way twelve could fit – physically. Suho said something about a van, but Kai shushed him up. So to be fair, they walked their way to the markets. Many girls glared at Jinah, but she ignored them all. Baekhyun widened his eyes dangerously and threateningly at them, and they averted their gaze. They went all the way through the markets and arrived at the clothing section. They went into the dress shop and the owner, a young, mid-twenties woman greeted them enthusiastically. She didn’t glare at Jinah, and Jinah was pleasantly surprised by the positive reaction the woman had.

          “My, your Prix is very pretty!” the woman exclaimed. With her jewelry and everything, she was most likely a Prix herself. Prices working wasn’t totally uncommon, especially for a Basic gang.

          “We know,” Luhan grinned.

          Jinah really did not know how many more surprises she could take before she doubted everything and started to be paranoid and look behind her back every two seconds.

          “Hey, how about this one?” Chanyeol asked from a rack. He was holding a see-through black dress that looked much too tiny to fit Jinah.

          Baekhyun snorted. “Is that even clothing? It looks more like a translucent curtain drape. How about...” he picked up a tight dress that was completely black with no patterns. It was short-sleeved and had an attached belt around the waist, and it was a v-neck, not too low, but it was quite short.

          Jinah shook her head and tried to hide her grimace from the thought of wearing that. It would be a nightmare, and practically asking to be hooked up. “Yeah, no. Mm...how about this one?” she picked up a simple blue dress with thick straps, straight and high-cut dress that flows out. 100% opaque.

          “Too long.”

          “Too loose.”

          “Too innocent.”

          Jinah scowled. “What? Why?”

          Chen pinched her cheeks. “Cute, but no. You go to a Rave looking like that…no. It looks like a kid dress. We decided on black, how’s that?”

          Jinah shrugged. “Black’s nice, I guess. Nothing too revealing, though…can we go with something classy?”

          “Hm,” Lay stepped up. He searched the racks and inspected each dress hung on them. “Black, not too short, not too loose...oh, Jinah? How’s this one?” Lay took out a black dress with thick straps and a clean cut. But it was tight around the waist with lace instead of thick fabric in triangular sections. It was flowy but mid-thigh length, about. Lay smiled at Jinah’s hesitance. Aheun would have probably tried on every dress here. It wasn’t that Aheun was a selfish girl, it was just that Aheun liked these things. “Try it on. If you don’t like it, we’ll pick a different one.”

          Jinah sighed as she took the dress from Lay. “Okay.”

          The woman smiled at her as she led Jinah to a change room. “If you need anything, just say so! Another size, color, anything. Dont hesitate!”

          Jinah smiled as she thanked her. Then she quickly changed from shorts and hoodie to the dress. She looked at herself in the mirror and couldn’t help but frown. Now I look like a rotten tree. She sighed before she walked out. The gang had been talking to each other and when they heard the door open, they looked at Jinah. Chanyeol’s jaw dropped and Baekhyun grinned wide, clapping his hands. “I like it!” Baekhyun exclaimed. “Black really is a nice color on you.”

          Jinah laughed awkwardly. She really couldn’t take compliments that well. “Thanks...”

          “Well? Turn around!” Chen encouraged, and Jinah did. Suho and Chanyeol high-fived and let out a cheer. Jinah had no idea what she was supposed to do next. Chen nodded. “The lace on your waist compliments your figure. Good choice we made.”

          Lay cleared his throat. “You mean good choice I made.” Lay turned to Jinah. “You look great. What do you think?”

          “I look fake no matter what dress it is, so really, I don’t care. As long as it’s not too revealing…” she tried pulling the dress down more. Lay nodded, motioning her to go on. “And well…this isn’t too bad.”

          “You look really pretty, Jinah,” Baekhyun smiled. Jinah tried not to blush so much as she went back into the change room to go back to her old clothes, but then Baekhyun stopped her. “You don’t need to change. The Rave’s in about an hour or so. Yeah, well. Does everyone agree on this dress?”

          The others nodded in approval. Xiumin looked the other way and mumbled something that Jinah would’ve been glad that she didn’t hear.

          “Then it’s done, let’s pay for it,” said Chen. “So who’s paying? Not me.”

          Chanyeol snorted. “Well, aren’t you a little angel. How much?” he asked the woman, boldly taking out his wallet. It was like Baekhyun’s, only the gold letters were: Wolf – CY.

          “You don’t have to pay –” Jinah started as the woman smiled and said, “One hundred eighty dollars.”

          Chanyeol’s eyes widened. He shoved his wallet back in his pocket. “Yep, not paying either.”

          Jinah’s eyes widened too. One hundred-something seemed like a big number. She didn’t know the average price of anything, but one hundred was a big number. And she was sure there would be a cheaper dress somewhere. “Let’s get a cheaper dress?” she suggested.

          “No Jinah, you looked great in that dress. We’re a Top gang, money isn’t the problem,” Suho said to her sweetly. Then he scolded, “Chanyeol, be a man. Just pay. Or Chen.”

          “Where did you come from?” Chanyeol scoffed, displeased by Suho’s sudden appearance and nagging. “Why don’t you pay, huh?”

          D.O sighed. “Guys, can you shut up? We’re in public…”

          Chen shook his head. “Chanyeol, you shouldn’t have asked for the price.”

         “Idiot, then how do we pay?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “You brought it up first. You pay Chen.”

          “You brought it up second. Second the best. The best should pay,” Chen stated.

          “First the worst. The worst should be punished!” Chanyeol retorted.

          “Guys it’s just a dress! Just pay!” Suho cried.

          “You pay then!” Chen and Chanyeol said in chorus.

          “Can’t we just get a cheaper dress? It doesn’t matter to me!” Jinah said truthfully.

          “No!” the three said in unison. Well, at least they agreed on something.

          “Can you guys quiet down...” D.O groaned as they bickered.

          Luhan sighed before he put two hundred dollars down as the five started shouting. The woman smiled again before she gave him the change. It was only when she told them to have a good day did the three idiots, Jinah, and D.O realized that the dress was bought. Chen, Chanyeol, and Suho exhaled quietly in relief before a wave of shame hit them. Jinah didn’t mind though. She actually felt a bit sorry for letting Luhan pay that dress for her. Then again, she didn’t ask to go to the Rave or whatever. D.O hung his head down as he mumbled something about getting out of the store as fast as possible. Lay shook his head at his gang, and Kris laughed, and screwed up Lay’s hair.

          Kai sighed when they were out of the store. “That took forever. Next stop is...?”

          “Hyuna,” Lay said, leading everyone towards the right direction.

          “Hyuna? She plays Mimi in the Casper Johnston series, right?” Suho said. “We get to see her? We’re about to go see her? Today? Now?”

          Chanyeol sighed. “Don’t get too excited. She sees guys all the time, you won’t be any different. So don’t start fanboying.”

          Suho punched him before he glared. “Shut up, you…”

          Luhan narrowed his eyes at Lay. “You signed Jinah up for the runaway gang?”

          It went silent for a bit. Jinah thought that this silence was similar to the one at the white table during the ceremony. The Luhan-silence, she decided to call it. But a usual, it ended too quickly for her to confirm. Lay nodded as he exhaled, “They’re famous for prepping Prixes up. They’re a bit...unique, but the best of what I know.”

          “Only that they are former Prixes who killed their gang off for independence, but okay!” Chanyeol said, semi-nervously. “Don’t they like – hate guys or something?”

          Kai shook his head. “Only one of them. The rest just hate their former gang…who are all now dead.”

          “They really must have had a strong hate or grudge if they killed twelve people...” Baekhyun mumbled. “All in one night too...”

          “It’s DE,” Kai reminded him.

          Baekhyun shivered. Then he nudged Jinah with his elbow. “Don’t do that to us okay? If you have a problem tell us, don’t kill us in our sleep.”

          Xiumin snorted. “She’ll kill us anyway.”

          Tao laughed awkwardly just as Jinah, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol opened their mouths to tell Xiumin off. Tao clapped his hands twice, interrupting them. “Let’s all head over to Hyuna and her gang! What’re they called? Five hour and Brother Moon?”

          Lay laughed. No one else got the joke. “4MINUTE and SISTAR.”

 

-----------------------------------------

Hehe, lame joke by Tao >< and omfg fonie sry couldn't think of a better mistake-word thingy LOL. Do you guys remember CJ (Casper Johnston)? It's the movie serires the gang enjoyed watching. 100% made up from the top of my head, loool. Mimi = the princess in the movie, played by Hyuna from 4MINUTE.  Just a clarification :)

 

Oh!! Thank you sosososososososo much for upvoting this story! I'm really happy that you guys think that this story deserves to be featured. Even if the numbers are faaar from being featured, the fact that you guys took the effort to press that arrow, really means a lot. Commenting your thoughtful inputs and subscribing to this story too. So thank you, so muchh<333

 

-Seohee