Chapter Twelve

Wolf, the Top Gang

A/N: YEAH IT'S AN UPDATE ETNBUGNEA ARE YOU AS HAPPY AS I AM? hehe, btw, Casper Johnston (you'll see what it is) is a made up movie with a made up plot with made up characters. It’s not real and completely original of what I know! and omfg MY RELATIVE HAD A SIMILAR PROGRAM SO THE FILE OPENED AAAAAAAAAH HI GUYS DID YOU MISS ME DID YOU MISS THIS STORY OMFG

 



          Outside, Lay had closed the door for Jinah as the rest of the gang filed in. Baekhyun, D.O, and Chanyeol’s jacket were thrown on the floor, soon joined by Kai’s and Luhan’s jacket, and then finally Suho’s, who then jumped on the couch and relaxed himself. “That was a terrible fight,” he said suddenly.
          “No disagreement in that,” Baekhyun agreed as he took a seat on the opposite couch, which descended a bit from his weight. Chen and Kris put their jackets on the couch neatly and sat down properly. “Who has the remote?” Baekhyun asked once everyone settled in. “Turn on a good show.”
          Luhan levitated the remote, which was on the coffee table, and then it flew into his hand. He clicked a button and the TV flickered to life. It was showing an adventure movie. It was about a man and his two companions – a peasant and a nerd who always loses his glasses. It was a popular series. Even in DE, there were small trends like this – in entertainment, in clothing, in hairstyles, and in weaponry.
          “Whoa, Casper Johnston’s on!” Kai exclaimed, sitting up. “Is it the fourth one?”
          “It’s the first,” Suho said, yawning. Then he grinned, “Dude, Mimi’s hot.” Mimi was the princess that Casper Johnston was about to rescue in the movie.
          Chanyeol snorted. “You like s.”
          “Just because I think one ’s hot doesn’t mean I like them all!”
          As the two bickered again, Lay caught Luhan’s eyes, who raised his eyebrows as a greeting. Lay raised his own too, except his was in suspicion. Luhan looked at him innocently and tilted his head sideways. Lay lifted his left shoulder dramatically and used his chin to direct at Luhan’s left shoulder. No one noticed their silent conversation. Luhan glanced at his left shoulder. It was still cut and the color around the wound was turning greenish. Luhan shook his head and flapped his hand at Lay as if saying ‘it’s not a big deal’ and ‘I’m fine’ as he faced the TV. But Lay wasn’t fooled. He came up to Luhan, pulled him up from the couch forcefully, and pushed him forward towards the wall next to the TV. A few members looked at them, wondering what was happening. Next to the TV looked like a simple wall with a picture, but behind the artwork was a glowing keypad, which the gang knew about, and Lay opened.
          Luhan groaned. “It doesn’t hurt.”
          “Keep your mouth closed for now or else I’ll knock you out,” Lay said, his voice strangely cold. But the slight tremble in the end revealed the latent but genuine concernment. He jabbed a few keys and then the wall slide aside. Lay went in and Luhan followed reluctantly.
          When the wall closed, D.O spoke up. “What doesn’t hurt? Did Luhan get injured or something?”
          “He got cut by a Thorn earlier but I didn’t think it was serious. Maybe Lay just wants the wound covered in case of infection or inflammation or something?” Chen suggested. “You know Lay. Always worrying. Like you.”
          Sehun sighed, knowing better. “If it was serious, Luhan wouldn’t hide it. As ruthless and reckless as he can get, he’s not an idiot.” With that, Sehun went into his room, leaving seven members watching Casper Johnston 1.
          In his room, he found Jinah resting. She shot up like she was shocked by lightning when he opened the door though. “Hi,” she said. She had forgotten it was Sehun’s room, and she just kind of entered without his permission.
          “You’re on my bed,” he commented simply and monotonously.
          “Oh.” She got off. “Right. Sorry.”
          He shook his head but said nothing else. He hung his jacket in the closet. Next to the closet, ninety degrees, there was a long set of drawers and directly beside that was another set of drawers with a mirror on top. It resembled the small box in Jinah’s dwelling room – only hers was about fifty times smaller. Probably even more than that. She noticed that the room was big, too. It had an installed bathroom and a desk with one of those chairs that elevate and sink with a  cushion, and it spins around too. There was another set of drawers and files too. The walls were a glum, dark color.
          Jinah sat down on the chair. “Is my bed the one on the inside?” she asked, since Sehun kind of claimed the one on the outside as his.
          Sehun glanced at it. “They’re both mine, so you can pick either or to sleep in. What side do you prefer?”
          Jinah shrugged. “Don’t really have one. I don’t care. The only stuff about me when I sleep are that I thrash around sometimes and I’m a heavy sleeper.”
          Sehun nodded. “I’m practically dead when I sleep. Anyways, you can sleep on the bed you were lying down in earlier. You seem to like that one.”
          “Yeah, it’s a nice bed.”
          Silence. Sehun was on the only bed that he owned now. Jinah rocked back and forth while sitting on the chair. Her feet were still planted on the floor. Sehun’s face read nothing. His legs were hanging over the edge so that he faced the side wall and not Jinah. Neither of them spoke for a long time. Jinah swiftly took her knapsack and pulled out a book. She began reading the first sentence but then realized that Sehun had nothing to do.
          She raised her knapsack to indicte her books. “You dig?”
          He hesitated, then shrugged. After that confusing gesture, he extended an arm so then Jinah tossed him the whole knapsack. “There’re five other books in there. But one’s a guide and a fact book, so might one to put that one aside.”
          “I don’t believe in fantasy.”
          “I don’t either, but it doesn’t hurt to read about it, does it?”
          Sehun took out the guide/fact book anyway and flipped through it. Then he went to the first real page and started to read the basic facts the book had. It was an all-round book that is helpful in situations that you might possible come across. “Remain calm” and “threat” were common words in that book. Well, at least he’s doing something, Jinah thought as she resumed to her comfort reading.
          Outside, they were still watching the movie. Behind the wall, Lay was examining Luhan’s cut arm. Luhan was still wearing his pants but his shirt was off and he was only in his black tank top. Lay shook his head. “Poison,” he said, disgusted. “I thought they might’ve just been trying to scare us, but it really was poison. How cheap.”
          Lay had finished extracting the poison. Luhan was lucky the cut was shallow, early, and that the poison was weak. Now Lay was just closing up the skin with his healing techniques. “I wish in the future you’d tell me about your injuries a lot quicker. If you had waited any longer, the poison would have taken into the next stage which will damage your muscle tissues and seep through and then enter your bloodstream which will infect your blood and –”
          “Got it. It won’t happen again.”
          “That’s what you said last time. You do remember what happened, right?” Lay finished up his healing and let Luhan go.
          Luhan chuckled as he put on his gray shirt again. “Yes. I also remember that that was not only an ambush, but an incident from two years ago, when I was a rookie member. And they used a bug.”
          “At any rate!” Lay scowled, then softened and sighed. “Don’t repeat that mistake ever again. Value yourself more, won’t you?”
          “I do value myself,” Luhan said. He smirked, “My face is one of a kind.”
          “I’m serious, Luhan,” Lay frowned. “You’re not only an important gang member, but also an important friend. I think you are just too into the idea of avenging and relieving yourself of the guilt you feel –”
          “If you think,” Luhan growled, his voice low, sharp, icy, and very unlike of him. Luhan may be distant and cruel, but never his voice, “that hurting myself intentionally is enough to relieve me of that guilt, you’re wrong. I can’t ever –” Luhan took a shaky breath. He relaxed his body and flashed a smile. “It’s the past, Lay. I think we’re done here, right? My arm looks fine now, thanks. Wow, I’m hungry. I think I’ll like to eat some of that gifted stew. Wouldn’t you?” Luhan got off the bed and pressed a gray brick in the wall and the wall moved aside. The bandage on his shoulder was covered by his shirt but then the cut part of the cloth revealed white pieces of the bandage. He left without waiting for Lay, who shook his head and sighed.

 

 

-----------------------------------------

Wow, it's only been like...eight days since I last updated but it feels like forever ;-; How about you guys? Keke, well, I hope you enjoyed this update.. > <

 

Oh! Big thanks to all of you guys, who left me lovely comments. I also reached 1, 000 views! Hehe, maybe it's not a lot, but it's 4-digits I kinda freaked out like how I did for 100 LOOL. Thanks! and I got the EXO album /dies

 

Aaaaaaanndddd, will you check this out? It's side stories from this story :) You'll learn more about Jinah, Minjung, Jaein, Yooni, Liha, Miyu, and the gang! Maybe even the representatives (Miss Kim, Miss Park, etc.). Unfortunately, I don't visit this particular relative every day so I won't be able to update very often.. but I'll be updating that lots! Also, if you find cute fanfics (preferrably about EXO with a bearable font, nothing annoying TT) then send me the link through PM please! It would be greatly appreciated haha~

 

 

Thanks for the subs, comments, and views! 

-Seohee