Chapter Eleven

Wolf, the Top Gang

A/N: No coarse language, but a bit of a boring update, maybe... enjoy the Lay time! :)

 


Their base was in a cave, underground, raised, large, and hidden. The base was split into two parts, Lay had explained. One floor above and one below ground level. They hardly went above, though – it was only there for when threats or regular checkup guardians/cleaners were approaching, or to go out of the base like a normal person. They did this to hide the entrance to their real base, since it’s not something you’d want exposed. No one knew about the underground level, except the gang. “Which you are now a part of,” Lay reminded her with a warm smile. The real kitchen, furniture, and rooms were all located below ground level, and a replica of all of that was above ground. All personal and private or secret-revealing objects were in the main floor. Above was just a set to fool. Above had two floors, too. A glass staircase led to probably another fantasy-like floor. Jinah gave him an OK sign and gave him a weak smile, which Lay returned brightly.

          He talked on. “Until Aheun’s sibling contract is approved, we’ll be clearing a room out for you,” Lay said. “We didn’t expect to find someone we liked and so were a bit…  unprepared. So don’t worry or feel like a burden. You are just as much of a novice as we are.” He lifted his hand above her head to pat it, but then he thought better of it. “Anyways, until she comes, you’ll be sharing a room with Sehun. But don’t worry – the day he becomes interested in a girl, I’ll pay him a million dollars and that, I won’t live to see. He’s also very good at self-control so if he has spontaneous urges to do whatever, he’ll be able to restrain himself. Luhan, Kai, and Chen are also really good at that. Suho and Chanyeol clearly aren’t.”

          Jinah nodded. “Alright.”

          She looked around. The walls were made out of tinted glass and had drapes that could be moved to cover the transparent walls. The door was glass too, and it slid open automatically when it sensed their presence. It was an impressive floor and it looked like a luxurious motel room…with security cameras hidden in corners and in plant cases. Jinah always saw these little nicks and devices. She didn’t understand why the gang didn’t just stay up here. The cleaning was done by the maids who drop by monthly or so. Could below ground be better? Could this place even get any better?

          Kai suddenly appeared next to them. She hadn’t even noticed his presence. Then he said to Lay in a monotone, “All clear.”

          Lay nodded and placed a hand on a jade statue’s necklace gem. The dull sapphire glowed vibrantly. Then the statue moved aside. It was stuck to the wall so a part of the wall moved aside too, admitting the gang in. Lay walked right in like it was no big deal, followed by an awed Jinah and disinterested Kai, and the rest of the gang. It was a dark tunnel with steps leading down to darkness but as they descended, she saw a faint light and a warm brown colour. Then Jinah knew they were at the underground level.

          It looked like a regular apartment. There was a narrow but short entrance hall where they took their shoes off. It was a mess. To the right was the kitchen. There was a wall at the end and if you walked straight in facing the wall, the tall, metal refrigerator would be on your left, a space of the granite counter on your right. Walk past the fridge and you’d find another small space of counter with a shelf above, holding a microwave on your left. Beside that was the oven. On your right was the sink. Attached on the wall were cabinets and drawers. Jinah guessed that the cutlery would be there, the pots and pans below the sink. Kitchen towels were on the small space underneath the microwave between the fridge and oven. She would have to check later.

          On the other side of the kitchen, a few steps in, was a bathroom. It was fairly clean. Then the area was so spacious Jinah inhaled sharply. It was a huge space, but it wasn’t empty. Still, it was very, very roomy. First was the dining area, which was made up of a large ground brown table with several wooden chairs circling around it. They were tucked in. Past that were two couches, one facing the front wall, the other the side wall. They were touching each other and were perpendicular to the other. There was a large TV, a coffee table on top of the furry mat, and a window next to the TV. But the blinds were drawn, so you couldn’t see out.

          Kris grinned at their familiar base. “Pretty nice place for a bunch of gangsters, eh?”

          “Really nice,” Jinah replied absentmindedly.

          Between the kitchen and the huge space were two doors. On the other side were another three. Those must be the personal rooms.

          Lay took a deep breath, his shoulders going up and then down. “Each room has a bathroom. Some have two to three beds while one, the biggest room, has four. Sehun had an extra bed which is why we’re putting you there. He’s a recluse. We’re going to move a person or two into the rooms with two people so that you and Aheun can share an all-girls room.” Lay sighed and looked at Jinah. He was tall to the point he had to look down on her. Or she was that short. “I think that’s for the best. You’d like that best, wouldn’t you?”

          Jinah nodded. “Guess so. But you talk like Aheun already got accepted. Not that I don’t want her to get accepted in, I’m just wondering… are all sibling contracts approved?”

          Lay shrugged. “Don’t know. But I don’t see why they won’t accept it. We haven’t had troubles with Prixes before – heck, not only they don’t care, we hadn’t even had one for twenty-two years. And we are nowhere near the maximum amount of Prix, which is, for your information, fifteen.”

          Jinah’s eyes widened. “Do gangs even have that many?”

          “The limit used to be ten, but Fang pushed it. Fang has thirteen Prixes.”

          Jinah frowned. “Can they even afford everything? Clothes, food, electricity, heat, and water fees and bills, monthly taxes, cleaning stuffs, personal items…”

          “Fang’s a rich, Top gang. They can manage their twelve members and thirteen girls easy. We could too. We just… value our money more.” Lay laughed and then sighed again. “Anyways, that’s Sehun’s room,” he said, pointing to the room directly next to the kitchen. “Next to it is Luhan’s, Kai’s, Chanyeol’s, and Baekhyun’s room. On the other side Suho and I share a room. Xiumin’s and Tao’s room is next to it, and the last room belongs to Kris, Chen, and D.O. You remember Sehun’s room, right?”

          Jinah pointed to the correct room.

          “Good. Now go and unpack and make yourself at home. Relax a bit, okay?” he smiled.

          “Got it.” His friendliness eased her, although she didn’t show it. She still felt cautious of everything, of everyone, and Lay understood that. His urge to make her feel welcomed grew by the second. Anyone who paid attention could see that the girl’s barricaded eyes said absolutely nothing about herself, or anything really. DE was a tough time. Gangs were rough, but Lay wanted his gang to be as family-like as they could be, and it was working well. Adding a Prix should be like adding a mom, or a sister. Not a play toy, like how Fang does.

          Jinah walked into Sehun’s room and didn’t even bother taking her knapsack off as she threw herself on the first bed she saw. She inhaled in the scent of wood and honey. It was a strange yet comforting aroma, better than the unpleasant toxic one she had smelled earlier. Exhausted, she snuggled into the blanket and exhaled. The duvet felt like the inner covers of her sleeping bag back at the Callidum dwelling. “I will visit,” she mumbled to herself.

 

-----------------------------------------

Thanks for the comments! > 3 < Yes, this is a bit of a boring chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. Next chapter, you will get a hint of two people's abilities... and a tiiiny bit of drama ;) Yeah, please look forward to it~~

 

exo+love.png

 

EXO-K for ya ~ D.O and Kai are going original omfg LOOOL. they're all soso cute <33

 

-Seohee