Chapter Twenty-Seven

Wolf, the Top Gang

Suho and Chanyeol led the way into the alleyway as the others followed. They checked behind their backs to make sure all eleven of them were following – and to confirm that they weren’t being followed by the government officials or anyone unwanted. Suho and Chanyeol stopped near the dead end. As Chanyeol counted them off, Suho knocked at the side wall. A normal person would look at Suho funny, but Jinah knew better. She heard the movement of a hidden security camera, and then a click. And just as she expected, the wall shifted to the side. It was a dim hallway with a woman and a man. The woman was wearing a glitter black dress, strapless, and her curtain of hair was brown, long and curly. Her makeup was pleasant. She smiled at them. “My, I haven’t seen you guys for a long time! And you found yourself a Prix! Goodness, finally! The ceremony was yesterday, right? Do you have your interview booked?”

          Before anyone from the gang could answer, the plump man cleared his throat. “Seonah.”

          She rolled her eyes. “Hyungyu, they’re clearly Wolf.” Hyungyu, the bodyguard with shades, didn’t respond. “Oh, fine! Bands?” she asked. The gang raised their left wrists. Jinah did the same. “Wolf, the Top Gang, present at the Rave tonight,” Seonah announced, then added with a squeal. “With a Prix!”

          Lay smiled at her. “As for your questions – yes, we got a Prix. Her interview is scheduled. We thought it’d be better to make sure Jinah had some experience with the gang life before she went live.” Lay gave her currency bills. “Five for each person.”

          What interview? Live? What is he talking about? Jinah thought, confused.

          ‘We thought it’d be better’. Bull Lay, that’s what you thought, Luhan thought.

          Seonah smiled back at Lay, accepting the money. “As expected from a Top Gang. Don’t forget about the rules! No weapons, take the fighting outside, no reporting to the government, and watch your back. Well, in you go! Have fun!”

          Chanyeol saluted her when he passed Seonah, making her giggle. They walked down the narrow aisle, two at a time. At the end, there was a corner and they turned there. At the end of that, there was a metal round object which was embedded onto the ground, like entrances to sewers. Chanyeol bent down and twisted the circle thing open. It was wide enough for a person to fit through, and when he slid the thing aside, it revealed a staircase... and the loud music became even louder. They walked down in circles. Colored lights flashed too vibrantly that Jinah lost most sense of color. At the back was the bar. To the sides were high tables and chairs, and in the corner was a couch with people eating each other’ mouths. In the front were huge, booming speakers and the DJ, lost within the music. Jinah could see it all because she was on the stairs but when she came down, all she could see was a mass of people, swaying and moving. Jinah groaned aloud but no one could hear it. It was too noisy. And it got louder as they moved forward.

          Baekhyun nudged her. “You okay?” he shouted at her.

          “Why are there so many people?!” Jinah yelled back.

          “What did you say?”

          “Why – are – there – so – many – people!” she emphasized each word.

          “It’s a Rave!” he answered. She could just barely hear it. Suddenly, he sighed in content. Of course Jinah couldn’t hear it, but his shoulders went up and down dramatically, so Jinah could guess. He said something that Jinah couldn’t hear. She just frowned at him, and he noticed it. He laughed. He gently pushed her towards the side as his other gang members swarmed out. Jinah found herself sitting on the high chair. “I’ll get you drinks,” Baekhyun told her when he came close. “What do you want?”

          “Water.”

          “Vodka? You sure? Don’t you think it’s too strong? I know it’s your first time,” Baekhyun said, eyebrows furrowing a little in confusion.

          Jinah frowned. She only caught ‘first time’. “It’s not,” she said. How could this be the first time to drink water? He probably thought that dwelling girls drank those non-fat organic milk or vitamin and mineralized energy drinks. “I drink it all the time… don’t you?”

          Baekhyun’s eyes widened. She drinks vodka all the time? Well then... He nodded at her, having her order confirmed. I should probably ask them to weaken it or something, just in case, he thought. “I’ll be right back.”

          Well if he nodded, it means he does drink water all the time, Jinah thought in relief. He must, or his skin would . Her ankles overlapped as she propped her elbows up. Her head was starting to hurt from the loud music, which she could hardly understand. With gang slang and all, the lyrics were confusing. She recognized foul language, though. The way the beat hit her eardrums and head like a hammer made her feel numb. Strangely, she liked this numbness. It made her tired and pissed off, but it alleviated her in a way. Like it was okay to forget everything and just get lost in between these people. Then she shook her head. What are you thinking, Jinah. Blend in with these crazy idiots? Over burned books, alright.

          Baekhyun made his way towards Jinah with his cocktail and her vodka. The lineup wasn’t too long. He asked the bartender to make sure that it was weak because he was still worried. Vodka for a seventeen-year-old girl? He was seventeen too, and he had this all before – alcohol, gangs, music – and he knew how bad things could get if one wasn’t careful. And because he was a male, he was stronger. He had troubles with vodka too, so, automatically, it must be overwhelming for her, as an inexperienced female. The bartender faded the vodka and put a sweet scent on it, so it should help with the smell and feeling, Baekhyun thought considerately. Thanking the bartender, Baekhyun smiled at him before he took the two drinks over to Jinah. He was good-looking so obviously he had girls giggling and whispering about him on the sides and some even tried confronting him. But he just raised the two glasses in his hands with an apologetic smile, “I have two drinks for a reason.” They let him go, but Baekhyun knew they’d try again later. They had yellow bands, which meant they were with a Basic gang. They were probably hoping for him, a Top Member, to get seduced by them, and challenge their gang for them. And if Baekhyun challenged them, and Baekhyu’s gang won, they’d claim the Prix and the Prix would be theirs. That was probably the motive behind the Basic Prixes coming to him. How disloyal, Baekhyun thought. That was another reason for Raves – Prixes could escape here, there were just so many people, but because of that, Raves were a secret to the government, and because of underage drinking. Not that the government really cared, but they had to act like they did.

          Xiumin was out on the dance floor. It was his way of relieving stress. He was truly worried and concerned about Aheun. So he danced his worries and concerns away. Kai normally did the same, but he was already feeling euphoric from the alcohol. D.O and Luhan stayed behind and kept quiet. Sehun didn’t even take a sip of alcohol, though. Lay, Kris and Tao were laughing and talking, and took little sips, enough to feel drunk but not get drunk. Chanyeol, Suho, Chen, and Kai were guffawing like gorillas for no reason, drinking too much, and having the time of their lives.

          “Drink, drink, drink!” Chanyeol exclaimed, slamming a hand on the table, the other raising a glass. He stood up a bit so that he was off the cushion seat, but not standing up. “It’s aaaaaall on our lovely leader Lulu!” Chanyeol laughed and the rest cheered, laughing with Chanyeol, chanting “Lulu”.

          Luhan’s eye twitched in annoyance. “Lulu?” he repeated sharply.

          Normally, the gang would have cowered or stopped laughing immediately. But they were too absorbed in the moment, even if they weren’t completely drunk – well, perhaps Chanyeol was – but the alcohol, music, and the atmosphere hyped them up so much to the point they couldn’t feel fear. Chen slung an arm around Luhan carelessly and boldly, slurring his words, “Come on leader! Let’s have some fun tonight~”

          “Yeah, fun!” Suho laughed as he finished his drink in one shot and poured more.

          Luhan’s eye twitched a second time.

          Kai poked Luhan’s chest. “Yo, Leader Deer! Look, I’m flying – woosh!” Kai leaned to the side, his arms outstretched like a clumsy seagull. “Squawk! A Wild Kris! Haha!”

          Kris’s hand immediately flew to the back of Kai, who pouted, and smacked Kris back, laughing like an idiot. Kris stood up to punch him, but Lay pulled him down, and told Kris that Kai wasn’t in his right mind.

          Luhan’s eye twitched a third time. Sehun’s widened, silently warning his drunk gang members.

          Chanyeol messed up Luhan’s hair. “Our leader is so cute and scary at the same time. It’s soooooooo weird. He’s just like a deer. Or a baby Wolf!”

          Sehun sighed and closed his eyes. And then he heard the thud that he had been expecting. When he opened his eyes again, he saw that the side of Chanyeol’s head was against the table. Chanyeol let out a groan. “Lulu, that hurts…” Chanyeol whined.

          Luhan sighed shakily. “Park Chanyeol, you drank too much. You’re drunk.”

          Suho snorted before he drank again. “Weakling, drunk already,” he choked out.

          Chanyeol growled before he lazily punched Suho. “Shut uuuuuup…”

          Luhan frowned deeply. He let go of Chanyeol’s head and closed his eyes. Anyone sober tried not to squirm so much in their seat. Luhan was not in a good mood, and they could tell. “Tao, how long has it been since we came here?”

          “Thirty two minutes.”

          Luhan glared at Chanyeol who had recovered from the head banging, and was now laughing with Kai, an arm around each other, singing out of tune, swaying out of beat.

          Luhan clenched his fists and sighed shakily. Sehun looked at him, and noticed Luhan’s displeasure. “Should we leave?”

          Luhan took a fleeting glance to his side for a second. “Can you send someone to find Jinah… and Baek? What are those two thinking, just wandering off like that… it’s her first time here, damn it.”

          “Are you worried?” D.O asked casually, reaching for his cup, not looking at Luhan. Even as he drank, he didn’t look Luhan’s way. “If you are, then stop.” He smacked his lips before placing the cup down. He put his arm on the head part of the couch and crossed his leg. “She’s not just any girl. She’s Shin Jinah. She’s our Prix for a reason.”

          “But she’s a female in the end,” Kris said, a little bit concerned himself. “If she gets drunk, or a gang approaches her, or –”

          Kris was interrupted by loud laughter from the drunk boys. Chanyeol was telling them about the time he first met Luhan. “And Lulu was all like – ‘who’re you?’ with a knife by my neck like this.” Chanyeol used his index finger as the knife and out it by his neck to demonstrate. “He could have killed me! And I was like, ‘Hood 8, Park Chabyeol’ – I mean, Chanyeol, and the knife was still there okay? And then this kid –” he gestured to Kai with his glass cup lazily “– I called him Douchebag back then – he comes in and – oh wait… no, Lulu was still threatening me… whatever, and then…”

 

-----------------------------------------

LOL DRUNKKKKKK

About the last bit, where Chanyeol talks about the first time he met Luhan.. if you're curious about it, click here for the full story! (Chapter 5 of Side Stories: Wolf, the Top Gang). I recommend you read chapter 3 and 4 before. (dw, chapter 3 is like, suuper short). It'll be about the boys at the Hood and moving to the Army.

Haha, yeaaah. And where Chanyeol messes up on his own name - that was a typo, but it kind of... fit the situation, right? So I just left it there LOL. A drunk Chanyeol messing up on his own name XD

 

-deardeerhan