DAY 10

Untitled

Saturday. I sighed. I’ve been very stressed these days. I want to end this now! But I already promised him and I don’t want him to think that I break promises. I don’t have to worry. 25 days. I only have 25 days. After this, it’s over.

“Jung Ae,” someone called me.

“Yup?” I answered.

“Come here for a moment.”

Aish! He’s really annoying. “Why would I?”

“Someone’s looking for you.”

For me? “Is that Soo Young? Tell her I’m busy. I’m not in the mood for entertaining visitors. Tell her I’m sorry.”

“It isn’t Soo Young so, go out from there.”

“Then who’s that?”

“He's the most important person in your life. Don’t make him wait at the corridor.”

He didn’t even offer a seat to him? “Okay. I’ll go out in a minute.”

As I’ve said, I went outside and checked if it’s really him. I opened the door slightly and peeked. And yes, he’s there. So I slowly went out and greeted him.

“A-Annyeong haseyo,” I’m stuttering again!

Kyuhyun smiled. “Sorry. I didn’t tell you beforehand that I’m visiting you.”

“It's okay.”

“Are you busy?”

I shook my head. “No.”

“So, is it okay if I ask you to go out for a talk?”

I nodded. “Of course.”

So we went to a café near the dorm. It was silent for a few minutes. This is bad. Awkwardness is slowly building up between us. Aish!

“So, are you going to tell something?” I asked. I really can’t stand the silence.

Few seconds passed before he answered. “How’s your relationship with Leeteuk?”

“What?” I can’t believe he asked me that.

“How’s he being a boyfriend?”

What will I say? “Umm… He’s a nice… boyfriend.”

He nodded. “Good. Just tell me if he hurt you.”

I just nodded. “... Sure.”

He sighed. “A lot of girls in the campus curse you.”

“Ne. I understand them.”

“They’re all jealous. They still can’t believe the fact that you’re Leeteuk’s girlfriend.”

“I know. I feel sorry for them.”

“So, you also feel sorry for me?”

What? “H-H-Huh?”

“I’m jealous.”

I smiled. “Really?”

He nodded. “I’m jealous. Soo Young’s jealous. Donghae and Eunhyuk also. We’re your friends. Of course we’re a bit envious of Leeteuk.”

Ah, okay. “Sorry. I really want to end this but-”

“But you can’t?”

I looked down. “... Yes.”

“But you know what?  The two of you look good with each other.”

Those words hurt me. It hurts very much. “Really?” I have to hold back my tears. I can’t cry in front of him. “G-Gomawo.”

“Be a good girlfriend to him. I’m your friend so I’ll support you in your decisions. And if he hurt you, as I’ve said, call me. I’ll give him a smack on his face if you want.”

I just nodded. “Gomawo,” then I continued drinking my coffee.

*****8:00 pm*****

“But you know what? The two of you look good with each other…”

He said those words. And it hurt me as if someone stabbed me. Aaah! I want to die, seriously!

“Are you okay?” Leeteuk asked me.

Isn’t it obvious? “Yes.”

“But why are you crying?”

I touched my face and yes, I am. “It’s nothing.”

“Tell me. What happened? Did Kyuhyun tell you something bad?”

“Why would I tell you what happened? If I have a problem, just don’t bother me. It’s not your business.” Did I sound rude?

“Is it because of me?”

Yes, it is. “I’m not crying because of you.”

Minutes passed before he answered. “Fine. You can back out.”

I looked up at him, surprised. “What?”

“I know you really don’t want this kind of game. Mianhae. I’m not going to annoy you. I don’t want you to get angry with me so I’ll stop this.”

Is this for real? “Are you serious?”

He nodded. “Ne. I’ll just face those fangirls alone. I don’t want to involve you anymore. Don’t worry, I’ll still help you with Kyuhyun.”

I smiled. He’s kind after all. “Gamsahamnida!”

“No problem. Sorry,” then he went to his room.

I think he finally realized that he should not be using me to avoid those girls. It made me very, very happy. Whoah! I really can’t believe it. Now, everything’s going to be normal again.