DAY 6

Untitled

*****FLASHBACK*****

“What?” I said.

“Be my girlfriend. It’s only for a month. It’s not that long,” Jungsoo said.

“I won’t, okay? I will not ride on your jokes anymore.”

“I’m serious.”

“Well, I also am. Who do you think will want to be you GIRLFRIEND?” I emphasized the last word.

“A lot. So you’re lucky.”

He’s thick skinned. “Then give me a reason to give you a chance.”

He smiled. “I’ll help you with Kyuhyun.”

He’ll help me? “W-What?”

“I’ll help explain everything to him. So be my girlfriend.”

What am I going to say? “This is insane.”

“Do you want to do it?”

It took me seconds before answering. “Fine. But only for a month.”

He smiled. “Gomawo. But there’s something I want to add.”

There’s another one? “What?”

“If you fell in love with me within one month, forget about Kyuhyun.”

WHAT?! “That will not happen. I’m not going to fall for someone like you.”

“If you did, you’ll be my official girlfriend. But if you didn’t, I’ll leave you alone. I’ll leave the dorm, I’ll leave the school. So, is it a deal?”

Jungsoo will leave? “Yes.”

“Then see you tomorrow,” then he went in his room.

*****END OF FLASHBACK*****

This is crazy. It’s not yet a week since I've met him and now, he’s my ‘boyfriend’? I really don’t know what’s happening now. All I know is that everything will be normal after a month. March 18. I can’t wait.

I decided to leave the dorm early to avoid Jungsoo. I don’t want to hear gossips again. They are really annoying. I went to my chair, sat down and grabbed my notebook. I’m not going to study my notes, that’s not my habit. All I want to do is to write something: doodles. Then I saw someone from my peripheral vision. I looked up and saw Kyuhyun. He looked concerned.

“What happened?” I asked.

He sat in front and looked at me. “I’m the one who should ask you that.”

I shook my head. “Nothing happened. Why?”

“I thought there’s nothing going on between you and Leeteuk. But the girls outside kept on wailing. ‘Leeteuk’s taken.’ That’s what they’re saying.”

I gulped. “Umm… Kyuhyun.”

His face became softer. “Yes?”

I took a deep breath. “Sorry. I can’t tell you everything. But just wait a little. I’ll just fix some things and then, you’ll know everything. Just wait. I hope you’ll understand.”

He slowly nodded. “Okay.”

I placed a weak smile on my face. “Gomawo.”

“Does anything happened?” I looked up. It’s Soo Young. “You two looked serious.”

I shook my head. “It’s nothing.”

Kyuhyun stood up. “I’ll go back to my seat. Let’s just meet at the cafeteria later.”

“Mianhae. I can’t accompany you guys,” I apologized.

“Why?”

“I’m sitting with Jungsoo later.”

He looked confused but still, he nodded. “Okay,” then he went to his seat.

Soo Young replaced him. “Yah! What happened?”

I looked down. “He asked me about Jungsoo.”

“And you’re worried that he might believe that you’re already taken?”

“He’s my crush, not Jungsoo. Of course I don’t want Kyuhyun to misunderstand.”

“I understand. But now, forget your problem first. I want to tell you something.”

I looked up. “What?”

She smiled. It looks like she’s really happy. “You know what, you’re right. I really should pay attention to Donghae. He already confessed yesterday.”

It made me smile. “Really? So, are you giving him chance?”

“I told you before that I really like Leeteuk. But after what happened yesterday, I found out that I like Donghae more.”

“So, you’re officially dating?”

She nodded. “Ne. Actually, we have a date tomorrow after class. I’m kind of excited.”

“You really should be. Good luck to both of you.”

She hit my arm. “Yah! We’re not yet in a relationship so don’t wish us good luck.”

“Fine.”

She stood up. “I forgot to do my homework. I’ll go back now,” then she also took her seat. Donghae. You’re pretty fast.

 Lunch break. I went to the cafeteria and looked for that brat. Unfortunately, he’s there, waiting for me. I slowly walked towards him and sat down. I don’t know why this is happening to me.

Jungsoo smiled. “I’m glad you came,” then he reached out and kissed my forehead. Crap! All the girls threw death glares at me.

“Don’t do that again or else,” I threatened.

“Or else what?” he said, still smiling.

Why do I feel defeated? “Never mind,” then I started to eat my sandwich.

After minutes of silence, he said, “He’s worried.”

I looked up. “Excuse me?”

“He’s worried. And he’s also somewhat jealous,” then he smirked. “How long have you been friends?”

What a question. “8 years.”

“That’s long. But do you know his feelings for you?”

“What are you talking about?”

He shook his head. “You like him and you’re now expecting that he also likes you?”

“Will you stop?”

“Believe me. He likes you. Look at him to see his jealousy.”

“I won’t believe in you, understood?”

“Okay. I’ll respect your choice. Continue eating.”

I’ll admit I’m a little bit curious. So I took a peek at him. He’s looking down. Look up, Kyuhyun! I want to see your face and prove this crap that he’s wrong. Then I heard him chuckle.

“You’re interested in what I've said, right?”

I glared at him. “Shut up,” then I decided not to glance again and just eat.