DAY 3

Untitled

Feabruary 15, Saturday. It’s already 9 am but still, I don’t want to stand up and eat my breakfast. Upset. That’s how I feel. After what happened yesterday, who wouldn’t feel the same? Waaahhh!!! What should I do to make him understand what happened? What?

Staring blankly at my ceiling, that’s what I’m doing now. I’m waiting for my bed to eat me up. Then I heard some strange sounds from outside. Someone’s with me? Wait. That can’t be. I have no roommate. I stood up at went outside my room. And right, there’s someone at the kitchen. Who’s this guy?

“Um… excuse me?” I said.

He turned to look me. Then he smiled. It’s him again. “Annyeong haseyo,” Jungsoo greeted.

My eyes widened. “Why are you here?”

“I’m your new roommate.”

What?! ”Roommate?”

“Yes. Remember those girls yesterday? They kept on knocking on my door. It’s annoying so, I asked Mr. Kim another room. And he gave me this.”

I nodded. “Okay,” then I walked towards my room.

“Wait.” I automatically stopped. “Aren’t you going to eat?”

I shook my head. “Aniyo. I’m not in the mood. Sorry,” then I entered my room.

*****3:00 pm*****

Someone entered my room. I looked up to see a blushing Soo Young. I stood up and asked, “Why?”

She smiled. “You’re with him?”

“Are you talking about Jungsoo?”

“Yes. Since when? You didn’t tell me about this.”

“It was just this morning when I knew he moved in. So, what brought you here?” then I sat back on my bed.

She sat beside me. “What happened yesterday? Did you confess? What did he say? His reaction?”

I just looked down. I’m starting to be depressed again.

And as expected, she noticed something. “Uh-oh. This is not good. He rejected you?”

I shook my head. “No.”

“Then why are you sad?”

It took me seconds before answering. “I wasn’t able to tell him.”

“What?!”

“Something happened.”

“What?”

“Don’t mind it.”

“Tell me.”

I sighed. “He thought I already have a boyfriend.”

“A boyfriend? Why?”

I looked up at her. “I’ll tell you next time. I’m really not in the mood to talk about it. Mianhae.”

She nodded. “I understand,” then she stood up. “I’ll leave now. I remembered I have to meet Donghae today.”

I smiled. “Is that a date?”

“A-Aniyo! He just wanted to ask something about the previous lesson.”

“You know what? I think he likes you.”

“W-What?!”

“Believe me. I can sense it. He’s jealous when you talk about Jungsoo.”

“Shut up!” she’s blushing. “I’ll leave now.”

I nodded. “Okay. Take care!”

“Okay,” then she left.

“Soo Young, you should really pay attention to Donghae,” then I went back to stare at the ceiling.

*****7:00 pm*****

Still, I haven’t eaten anything. Aaahh!!! My stomach hurts. But it’s troublesome to get food at the kitchen. I think I’ll just sleep.

“Jung Ae?” I heard Jungsoo called me. Then he knocked. “Jung Ae-sshi? Are you awake?” I didn’t answer. He’s the reason why I’m like this, by the way. “I think you haven’t eaten anything so I cooked something for you. Can I come in?”

I wanted to just ignore him but my stomach disagreed. So I reached for the door knob and turned it. “Come in.”

He went inside and put the food on my study table. Then he looked at me. “Are you okay?”

I nodded. “Yes. Thanks for the food. You can leave now.”

But he didn’t. “Sorry. I know it’s my fault. But I can’t think of any excuse that time.”

Wae? I’m not feeling any anger right now. “It's okay. It’s not your fault, it’s mine.”

He shook his head. “No. I shouldn’t have gone there and disturbed you. Because of me, you weren’t able to tell something to your friend. Mianhae. I’ll just leave the food here. Call me if you want something,” then he left and closed the door.

Jungsoo. He’s not that bad. I think I can get along with him.