DAY 5

Untitled

Monday, the start of another week. I woke up early so that I can do my homeworks. I wasn’t able to do them because I was feeling weak yesterday. I went to the living room with my books and sat on the couch. I started answering while watching TV. After 5 minutes, someone turned the TV off.

“You can’t finish that if you keep on glancing at the television,” Jungsoo said.

I looked up at him. “You’re early. Why?”

He sat beside me. “I heard the noise and it woke me up.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay,” then he picked up my Math book. He scanned the pages and smiled. “You’re good at Math.”

I shook my head. “No. I just like it so I found it easy.”

“I heard you’re also good in History and Science. That’s why you ranked first in your class.”

How did he know? “Yeah. By the way, from what class are you?”

“I’m from class A.”

Wow. Class A. I shouldn’t have asked him. “Oh. You’re smart,” then I went back to my homework.

He stood up. “I’ll cook our breakfast. Concentrate on doing that so you can finish it in minutes.”

I nodded. “Okay.”

“I’ll cook now,” then he left.

We both left the dorm at 7:30. While walking with him, I heard some people talking.

“Look, it’s true.”

“I can’t believe it.“

”They’re in a relationship?”

So, people are starting to gossip now. I hate it. Are they fools? I can’t believe that they actually believed Jungsoo. I was about to shut those people up when he spoke.

“There’s your room, you may go in now,” he said.

I nodded. “Thanks.”

“I’ll go now. See you at lunch.”

At lunch? “Why?”

He smiled, showing his dimples. “That’s what couples do, right. I’ll see you later,” then he left.

A couple? We’re a couple? Is he really taking it seriously? It was only a joke, right? What the heck’s happening?

“Are you okay?” a guy, with a very familiar voice, asked me.

I turned around. I’m right, it’s Kyuhyun. “N-Ne.”

“You looked confused. Is something bothering you?”

I shook my head. “Nothing. It’s nothing.”

He nodded and smiled. His smile made my heart skip a beat. “Then, let’s go inside. Classes are about to start. Donghae and Eunhyuk wanted to talk to you.”

“Waeyo?”

He shrugged. “I don't know.”

“Fine. Let's go,” then we both entered our room. I wonder what they want to know.

I went to my chair and put my bag on the side. Then Donghae and Eunhyuk sat beside me. They looked confused, interested, sad… I really don’t know.

“Why?” I asked.

“Is it true?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Huh?”

“You’re Leeteuk’s girlfriend?”

What the… “Of course not.”

“Really?” Donghae questioned.

“Yes. We’re not in a relationship. I’ve met him just last Thursday,” I explained.

He sighed. “Good.”

“But what happened to you and Kyuhyun? Have you confessed?” Eunhyuk asked.

I shook my head. “Aniyo.”

“Why?”

“It’s kind of difficult to tell so, let’s not talk about it, okay?”

They both nodded. “Sure. See you at lunch.”

Lunch. “Okay.”

“Okay,” then they both went to their proper places.

*****12:00 pm*****

I, together with my friends, went to the cafeteria to eat. Then I saw Jungsoo, sitting alone on a table. And he’s looking at me, so I just looked down and continued to sip my Coke.

“Jung Ae,” Soo Young said.

I didn’t look up. “Huh?”

“So, what happened?”

“I still don’t want to talk about it. Just forget those things.”

“She’s right. And besides, it’s not true so let’s leave it like that,” Eunhyuk said.

“It isn’t true?” I heard Kyuhyun asked.

I looked up at him. “Ne. Nothing’s really going on between us. You just misunderstood what happened there.”

“If it’s not what you’re going to tell me, then what was it?”

He really sounded curious. That made me swallow hard. “W-What?”

“You want to tell me something, right?”

Uh-oh. This is bad. “Well… I just want to-”

“Excuse me,” a guy said.

We all looked up. It’s him again. I saw Soo Young blushing and Donghae looking at the blushing Soo Young. Both Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk are confused.

“Yes?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I want to talk to her,” then Jungsoo glared at me.

“Me?” I asked.

“I told you this morning to meet me here. But you came with your friends.” Really, what’s up with him?

“But I didn’t agree.”

He pulled me up. “Let's go.”

“Wait,” Kyuhyun interrupted. He’s really my savior. “You’re not her boyfriend, remember?”

“Who told you I’m not?”

“That’s the truth,” I said.

“From now on, we’re an official couple.”

Couple? “W-W-WHAT?!” My response made the people turn to look at us. That’s pretty loud.

Jungsoo just smiled. “From now on, I’m you boyfriend,” then he left.

*****At the dorm*****

I went inside and found Jungsoo there, sitting on the couch and doing his homework. It’s time to confront him now. I can’t take this kind of joke.

“Yah!” I said.

“What?” he answered, without even looking up.

“Do you know what you’re doing?”

“Of course.”

“Then there’s something wrong with you. Why do you have to use me for your show? I’m really not interested so please, end this thing.”

“You’re not interested? Who said that you need to be interested in this?”

“What?”

“There’s nothing you can do with it. Everybody will believe in everything I say. So, you telling everyone that this is only a joke, it’s useless.”

This is annoying. “What do I have to do for you to end this?”

He finally looked at me. “Nothing.”

Irritating. “Please.”

“Okay,” then he stood up. “Be my girlfriend for a month.”