DAY 34

Untitled

This is the third to the last chapter. It’s a bit long, well, longer that the other chapters. So enjoy! The end is drawing near. Two chapters to go!

*****************************************

 

*LEETEUK’S POV*

“Are you really sure about this?” appa asked in the middle of our breakfast.

I nodded. “Ne,” then I took a mouthful of the pancake I made.

“Call her first,” noona said.

“She’s right. At least say goodbye to her,” appa agreed.

“There’s no need for me to do that. I will just hurt her and I don’t want that to happen, okay?” I said.

“Are you things ready?” eomma asked me.

“Ne. I already packed them last night to avoid cramming.”

“Good. But still not good.”

I looked at her. “Waeyo?”

“You’re leaving us. That isn’t good, Leeteuk. And you know that, right?”

“This is the best decision I’ve made. There’s nothing wrong about it.”

“You’re wrong, brother. Your decision is a big, big mistake. There’s nothing right about it,” noona, again, contradicted me. Well, I’m used to it. We really have nothing in common.

“What if you found out that she really loves you? What will you do?” appa asked.

I looked down. I lost my appetite.

“Come on. It’s just a ‘what if’,” he said when I didn’t answer.

I sighed. Araso. I’ll answer all of their questions. This is my last day here so, why not? “I won’t do anything. I’m probably in America by that time. I don’t want to waste my money to buy ticket to go back here because of her. I’ll just forget the fact that she loves me too.”

He seemed satisfied with my answer. “Okay.”

“But what if she goes there to follow you?” noona asked.

I really don’t want to entertain that one but I have no choice. “Then I’ll let her find me.”

“But America is much, much bigger that Korea.”

Babo. “Of course I’ll tell her I’m in New York. I won’t make it hard on her.”

“What if she already knew you here? Then she’ll go over here and look for you. Are you still going to leave?” eomma asked.

Noona’s question is better. “… I don't know.”

“If she begged you to stay, will you listen?”

I sighed. “... I don't know.”

Awkward silence. I said the truth. I really don’t know what to do if those things happened. But honestly, I hope they won’t. It’ll just complicate things.

“Let’s just eat. Stop asking me those things. You make me want to leave earlier than my flight,” I said.

“How about the gift? What are you going to do with that?” noona asked.

“It’s already in my room so please… don’t touch it.”

“I’ll give it to her.”

“No.”

“Sorry. I’ll do what I want to do.”

“Please… just leave it there.”

It took her seconds before answering. “That gift is for you to give her, not for you to keep it. But araso. I won’t touch it.”

I smiled at her. “Gomawo,” then we all went back to eating.

 

 

 

*JUNG AE’S POV*

The breakfast’s kind of awkward. What happened? Maybe we’re just all tired. We all need some rest. So we need to quit.

Taeyeon stood up. “I’m done. I’ll go outside now. Just follow me if you’re all ready,” she said.

“Wait,” I said before she left. “Stay here.”

She gave me a confused look. Actually, they all did. “Wae?”

I sighed. This is a hard decision. “… Let’s quit.”

“What?” Soo Young said.

“Sorry for involving you all in this mess. But I think it’ll be better if we just end this now. Mianhae.”

“It’s too late to turn around now, Jung Ae. We only have until tomorrow so let’s just use it. Look, we’ve spent lots of time and effort that’s why we’ve come this far. There’s no reason for you to back out. We’re near our goal,” Donghae said.

“He’s right. Don’t waste what we’ve done. The principal gave us a two-week leave so he’ll be disappointed if nothing happened,” Eunhyuk agreed.

“If you want to stay here, araso. You stay here. I’ll still continue to find him,” then Taeyeon left the dining area.

“I’ll go with her,” then he followed her.

“Did something happen to you?” Kyuhyun asked me.

I shook my head. “Nothing, I just realized these things last night. And I think we should stop this nonsense.”

“You love him, right? So why are you backing out?”

“It’s impossible to find someone who doesn’t want to see you… If he wants to leave, then let him leave. If he doesn’t want to see me, then I won’t let him see even my shadow. I’ll get out of his sight, if that’s what he wants.”

Donghae stood up. “No. I won’t stop this,” then he left.

“Jung Ae-sshi,” Soo Young said. “You know I’m always here to support you. But I think what you’ve said is nonsense. I hope this will be the first and last time I’ll contradict you,” then she followed Donghae.

I looked down. To tell the truth, I’m really hopeless now. I’m not hoping anymore. Aish! What should I do now?

“I know you also want to leave… Follow them now,” I said.

“… I don’t know what made you think this is impossible but really, I understand you… I’ll just call you if we have updates… I’ll go now,” then Kyuhyun stood up and left.

 

 

 

*LEETEUK’S POV*

5 pm, an hour before my flight. Everything’s ready. All I have to do is to leave now or else, I’m going to be late. I already have a cab and now, I’ll just say goodbye to my family.

“Take care of yourself. Tell your uncle I said hi,” eomma said.

I nodded. “Ne.”

She smiled but I can see the hurt in her eyes. “We will miss you.”

“I’ll miss you, too.”

“Call us when you arrive there, okay?” appa said.

“Ne.”

“Okay. Leave now before I tear up,” eomma said.

I sighed and waved goodbye to them. “Annyeong. Just tell noona I already left,” then I went inside the cab and waved again. “Bye,” then the cab started moving.

 

 

 

*JUNG AE’S POV*

“Come here now. This is urgent,” Taeyeon said on the line.

“Wae? I already told you I’m not coming, right?” I said.

“But In Young-unnie wants to see you. She said she’ll tell you something so please come here.”

In Young? “J-Jungsoo’s sister… wants to see me?”

“Ne. Faster! Come over here.”

I stood up. “Okay. I’ll be there in 15 minutes,” then I dropped my phone and went inside my room to change clothes.

I arrived at the restaurant Taeyeon mentioned at exactly 5:30. I sat in front of them the moment I entered the restaurant.

“What is it?” I asked them.

“We need to go at our house. He’s still there, I think,” In Young-unnie said.

“Let's go. We should go now,” Taeyeon said.

I stood up. “Okay,” then we all went inside the car.

We made it to their house. In Young-unnie pressed the doorbell and a woman opened the gate. I think she’s Jungsoo’s mom.

“Oh, In Young. Where have you been?” the woman asked.

“Where’s Leeteuk?” In Young-unnie said.

She looked at me. “Are you Jung Ae?”

I nodded. “N-Ne.”

“I see… Mianhae. He already left.”

What? “Aish! We’ll leave now, eomma. Just tell appa I’ll be home late,” then she turned and looked at us. “Come on.”

 

 

 

*LEETEUK’S POV*

5 minutes. Why is the time so damn slow? I’m impatiently sitting on the plane, waiting for it to take off. Jung Ae. Mianhae. But I have to do this. Good luck to you and Kyuhyun. I know there’ll come a time that you’ll totally forget me. And by that time, I’m sure I’ve forgotten you. 4 minutes. Aish! So slow.

Goodbye, my love.

 

 

 

*JUNG AE’S POV*

Relax, Jung Ae. He’s still here. Inhale, exhale. Calm down, araso?

“Jung Ae-sshi, sit here for a moment. Stop walking back and forth. You’re making me dizzy,” Eunhyuk said.

I shook my head. “No. I don’t need to sit down.”

“Relax. Wait for Kyuhyun and Donghae to come,” Soo Young said.

My face is starting to burn. Aish! Why are those two so slow? “I can’t make myself relax, okay?!”

“They’re here,” Taeyeon said.

I looked around and saw them. I ran towards them and took a deep breath. “W-What happened?”

I saw the two exchanged glances. Then Donghae looked down while Kyuhyun avoided my stare.

“… Tell me… What happened?”

Still, no response.

“Yah! Where’s my dongsaeng?” In Young asked.

Kyuhyun finally looked at me. “… Sorry.”

Tears started to fill my eyes. “W-What do… N-No. No.”

“He already… left?” Taeyeon asked.

“…Ne.” Donghae answered.

I shook my head. “No… No,” then I started to walk backwards. “This is impossible.” Tears already escaped my eyes. “This can’t be.” I fell on my knees. I can’t hold back my tears now. So I looked down and cried hard.