DAY 33

Untitled

*LEETEUK’S POV*

I still can’t get over with what Kyuhyun said to me two days ago. He’ll try to get Jung Ae. Aish! You shouldn’t be affected, Leeteuk. Remember, you should end your relationship with her. Just thank Kyuhyun for he’s helping you with that. He’s planning to court her. So what? It’s not a big deal, araso?

“Stop making faces, Leeteuk,” noona said.

I looked at her, confused. “What are you talking about?”

She sat across me. “You’re doing funny faces a while ago. What are you thinking?”

I looked away. “Nothing.”

“Tch,” she didn’t buy it.

“Mind your own business, noona.”

“Your business is mine as well.”

I gave her a glare. “What?”

“Now, tell me. You’re thinking about Jung Ae, right?”

“Stop annoying me, please. I’m not in the mood.”

“Okay. I’ll just guess,” then she paused. “You’re annoyed of what Kyuhyun told you, right? That thing about him courting Jung Ae bothers you. You’re affected but you’re telling yourself you’re not.” She smiled. “Am I right?”

How did she know that? “Yah... You’re eavesdropping!”

She shook her head. “No, I'm not. I overheard.”

Again, I glared at her. “Stop spying on me.”

She shrugged. “I’m not.”

“Tch,” then I turned the television on, but I’m not planning to watch.

“So what are you going to do?” she asked after a moment of silence.

“Should I do something?” I said nonchalantly.

“Ne.”

I kept my focus on the TV. “I won’t do anything.”

“Are you letting Kyuhyun get her? Aren’t you afraid that he might succeed? Aren’t you going to stop him?”

“I won’t, understood?”

“Then I’ll do it.”

I looked at her. Tch. She really wants to waste her time for this matter. Part of me’s thanking her for that. “I don’t care, noona. Do what you want to do. I’m not going to stop you from doing what you like.”

Her face brightened up. “Are you sure?”

That expression’s weird. I can sense that she’s planning something. “Ne. Just don’t tell her I’m here.”

She nodded. “Okay,” then she stood up. “I have to go now. I still have something very important to do. See you later!” She dashed off from the living room to her room. Is she leaving already? Is she that excited?

I turned the TV off and looked at the box, which is now on the top of the shelf. Three days from now, it’ll be her birthday. Honestly, I want to give that box to her. But how? I’m leaving tomorrow. I don’t want to back out from my flight just because of her. Maybe I’ll just keep it or leave it here. I’ll just think of it as a gift for myself, gift for succeeding in forgetting her.

 

 

 

*JUNG AE’S POV*

Fudge! We only have two days and we’re not done yet! What should I do now? I need to see him now, hell now!

“Relax, dude. You look like you’re going to pass out. Breathe, Jung Ae,” Eunhyuk said.              

I looked down. My face is burning. Don’t cry! Not now, okay? “I can’t stop from thinking that maybe… maybe we’re late. I don’t what him to leave us.”

“As long as we’re doing our best, as long as this game isn’t over yet, he’s not going to leave us,” Taeyeon said.

“Are you ready to join us now? Or do you still want to stay here?” Donghae asked.

There’s no need for me to rest now. “I’m coming with you, guys. I’m coming with you.”

He nodded. “Fine. Let's go.”

We went inside the car. I sat beside the window, as usual. I tried to distract myself by counting the trees we passed by. But the thought of him leaving continued to fill my mind. Aish! Yah, Jungsoo! Where the hell are you hiding?

“Mind calling him?” Kyuhyun asked.

I looked at him. “I’m afraid that he’ll just reject it.”

“Just try. I know you want to hear his voice.”

He’s right. So I grabbed my phone and waited for him to answer. But there’s nothing. I knew it. Hurt started to spread all over me. He’s avoiding me again.

“It’s okay. Maybe he’s just busy or something,” Kyuhyun said.

I shook my head. “No. He’s really ignoring my calls.”

I saw him took out his phone. Who is he calling? “Yah!”

Is that a friend? Or maybe some relative? I’m curious so I listened attentively to what he’s saying.

"Why are you like this? You shouldn’t have done that.” Impossible. Is he talking to… “Ne. I’m with her. Probably she already knew who you are. And maybe she’s wondering how I got your number.”

I took a deep breath. “I-Is that… J-Jungsoo?”

He looked at me. “… Ne.”

So I’m right. He’s ignoring me.

“Do you want to speak with her?” he asked him. ”Of course you should. Remember what I told you. I’m serious, Leeteuk. You’ll regret this.”

I looked back outside and started crying.

“It’s your choice. Let’s see what happens,” then he tapped my shoulder. I assume he already ended the call. “That’s right, Jung Ae. Cry.”

“He’s mean,” I blurted out.

“I know. That’s why I’m wondering what you saw in him.”

I shrugged and wiped my tears. “I don't know… I really don't know.”

As expected, nothing happened. We went home with nothing but just stress. Two days. We can make it. We will make it. Tch. What am I thinking? Stop hoping, Jung Ae. Just accept the truth that… you’re not going to see him again. Dig a deep hole and bury your feelings for him. If he’s trying to forget me, I might as well try it. It’s better, right?