DAY 24

Untitled

Today is Saturday, a weekend. Homeworks? Those aren’t the important things to do now. I need to move now and find Jungsoo. Good thing my friends are willing to help. I sighed. South Korea is 98,480 sq. km. in area. Where should I start? In Seoul? In Busan? Jeju? Waaah!!! I only have 11 days left and I’m slowly losing hope now.

“Yah! Do you know his hometown?” Soo Young asked me.

I shook my head. “No. I didn’t ask him.”

“I know where it is,” Taeyeon said.

We all looked at her. “Really?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Ne. It’s here in Seoul. I know where his parents are.”

“Tch. You’re really a stalker,” Soo Young said.

“At least it helped us, right? Let's go. I’ll bring you there. Maybe he went there and told his parents where he is staying now.”

“But what if he didn’t?” I asked.

“Yah! Don’t think negative. You want to see him, right?” Donghae said.

I nodded. “Ne.”

“So don’t lose hope. We will find him, okay?”

He’s really a nice friend. Soo Young-sshi, you should really marry a guy like him. “Okay.”

“Kaja. We should waste no time,” Eunhyuk said.

We all went inside Taeyeon’s car. It took us 15 minutes to go there. We stood in front of the house and I pressed the doorbell. But no one opened the gate.

“Wait. Are you sure this is his house?” Soo Young asked.

“Ne. I’m 100% sure. The last time I went here was on Valentine’s day,” Taeyeon answered.

“But why isn’t anyone answering?” then she pressed the bell. “Yah!”

“Don’t shout,” Donghae said.

She glared at him. “Fine.”

“Is it possible that he already left with his family?” Kyuhyun, for the first time, said.

He’s right. That’s possible. “You, too. Stop thinking negative things,” Donghae repeated.

“He has a point, Donghae-sshi. What if they’re not there?” Eunhyuk said.

I pressed and pressed and pressed the button. Wae? Why is this happening?

“Um, excuse me?”

We all turned around. A woman, maybe a middle-aged woman, moved closer to us. Maybe she knew what happened.

“W-Wae?” I asked.

“It looks like you’re here to visit someone living in that house,” she said.

I nodded. “Ne. we’re visiting a friend.”

“I’m sorry to say this but they already left.”

Left? “What do you mean, ahjumma?” Taeyeon asked.

“They left yesterday morning. I have a friend there and she said that her son wanted them to live somewhere. That’s why they moved to another place.”

Aish! “Have she told you where?” Donghae asked.

She shook her head. “No. But she mentioned something about her husband’s hometown. I’m really not sure. Are there things you still want to ask?”

I shook my head. “None. Gamsahamnida.”

“You’re welcome,” then the woman left.

We were silent for a moment. Because of what ahjumma said, I became more hopeless. Aish! What now? Eotteohke?

“There’s still one thing we need to know. We need to find his father’s hometown,” Eunhyuk said.

“Ne, you’re right. But who will we ask?” Soo Young said.

“Wait. I’ll call unnie,” Taeyeon said.

“Unnie?”

“Ne. I’ll call In Young-unnie. She’s Leeteuk’s noona. Wait for a minute,” then she went near her car and called Jungsoo’s sister. I hope she’ll tell something.

“Do you think she’ll help us?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I don't know. But I’m sure she wanted to, it’s just that he asked her not to tell anything,” Donghae said.

“Aish! That guy. Yes, he’s not here. But he keeps on bringing us troubles.”

“We’re doing this for Jung Ae. It doesn’t matter if it’s because of him or not,” Soo Young said.

“She’s right. So stop blaming Leeteuk for this,” Donghae agreed.

“Tch. You always agree on what she says. That’s unfair, do you know that?” Eunhyuk complained.

He glared at him. “Y-Yah!”

“What? That’s the truth, right?”

“Stop saying nonsense!”

“The two of you, stop it,” Soo Young commanded.

He looked down. “Ne.”

“Tch. See,” Eunhyuk said.

Kyuhyun stood beside me. “We’re going to find him. It’ll take us a long time so just keep your hope.”

I shook my head. “11 days isn’t enough.”

“What?”

I looked up at him. “I only have 11 days. After that, I won’t see him again.”

He put his arm around me. “Don’t worry. We’re trying hard to help you. Just don’t lose hope and we’ll see him soon. I don’t care if I have to leave school for a week just to find him. The most important thing is to do this.”

I nodded. “Ne. Gomawo.”

Taeyeon’s back. “Mianhae. She didn’t tell me anything.”

“Wae?” Soo Young asked.

“Leeteuk asked her.”

“I knew it,” Donghae said.

“What are we going to do now?” Eunhyuk said.

He’s right. What are we going to do now? “His bestfriends. Let’s ask them,” Taeyeon suggested.

“Do you think they can help us?”

“I'm not sure. But we still need to try.”

“She’s right. Kaja,” Soo Young said.

We all left the house and rode the car. It’s already 11 o’clock in the morning. I’m very stressed now. Yah, Jungsoo! Why are you doing this? Wae?

“Mianhae, but we don’t know,” Heechul answered.

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Ne. He didn’t tell mention anything to us, that’s why we’re surprised when he said he’s leaving,” Junsu said.

“No. You just forgot it. Recall everything. We really need your help,” Taeyeon begged.

“He really said nothing to me.”

“Wait. I remembered something,” Heechul said.

We all looked at him. “What?” Donghae asked.

“I remembered what he said to me before he left. I think he said something about a place where he wanted to visit. His father lived there for almost half of his life. He also said that it is somewhere in Ulsan.”

Ulsan. Good. That gave me more hope. “Really?” Eunhyuk said.

“Ne. But I’m really not sure about that.”

I’m happy. I’m very, very happy. “KIM HEECHUL! GAMSAHAMNIDA!” then I bowed down.

I heard him chuckled. “No problem.”

Now, we all have an idea. But Ulsan is still a big city. I hope we can find him on time.*fingers crossed*