DAY 30

Untitled

Now, I’m alone here in the house. My friends already left to do their thing and ahjumma went to the market. I went to the rooftop since it’s not raining. Inhale. Exhale. 5 days. I’m losing hope. I think Jungsoo’s right. I should quit now.

My phone rang. I immediately answered it. “Hello?”

“Is this Jung Ae?” a female voice said.

“Ne. Who’s this?”

“Good morning, Jung Ae-sshi. I’m Leeteuk’s sister.”

Sister? “Y-You’re his noona?”

“Ne. Mianhae for calling you this early. I just want to know if you’re still searching for my dongsaeng.”

“N-Ne.”

“Good. But sorry, I can’t tell even a clue to you.”

I nodded. “I understand. But still, we’re nor going to stop.”

“That’s good. Oh! By the way, I heard your birthday is on Thursday. Is it true?”

How did she know? “N-Ne.”

She answered my question. “Leeteuk told me that last week. I kept on asking him things about you because I’m afraid that he might really forget his feelings for you. Jung Ae, please don’t stop. You’re the one person that changed my brother. So I’ll do everything for you and him.”

I smiled. That’s what I needed. “Gamsahamnida.”

“No problem. But before I hang up, may I ask you something?”

“Ne.”

“I’m just curious. Where are you now?”

“I’m in Ulsan. A friend old us that Jungsoo mentioned Ulsan to him. That’s why we’re doing our search here.”

“That’s great. So, annyeong!” then she ended the call.

That’s great. ’Does that mean that we’re really on the right track? Does that mean that we’re going to see him again?

 

 

 

*LEETEUK’S POV*

I stared the big box in front of me. Tell me. How am I going to give this to her without seeing each other? Aish! Why did I buy a gift in the first place? This is useless. I just wasted my money for this thing. I wasted my time to buy a gift for a person I should not love, for a person I should forget. Leeteuk, you’re stupid! Babo.

“Give it to her personally.”

I looked up at her. “Aniyo. I won’t do that.”

“So you’re just going to display that here?”

I looked down. “I don't know.”

Noona sat beside me and sighed. “Araso. I’ll give it to her.”

I looked up. She surprised me. “Really?”

She smiled. “In one condition.”

I knew it. “What?”

“Let her see you.”

“W-What?!” Hell no, noona.

“She only have 5 days. She’s here in Ulsan and I know that you already saw her these past few days. So there’s no use in hiding now.”

“She won’t find me.”

“Still, you need to tell her what airport to go. Tell her where to find you on the last day and tell your goodbyes to each other.”

“Aniyo. I won’t do that,” I repeated.

“Wae?”

“It will be harder to move on if I do that. So I will never tell her.”

“Then I will.”

Aish! “Don’t try or else.”

“I’m still you noona after all,” then she smiled.

“Please, don’t.”

“Yah! Stop hurting yourself.”

“But I have to move on.”

“But not in a hard, wrong way. And why are you moving on? There’s no reason for you to do that. You both love each other. So stop moving away from her.”

I sighed. She’s hard to convince. “You can’t change my decisions, noona. It’s too late. If you really want Jung Ae to see me, just try praying,” then I stood up, picked the box, and went to my room.

**************************

“Leeteuk. Wake up.”

I opened my eyes. I fell asleep. And that voice was from eomma. I sat up and noticed that I’m still in my room. The box, sitting on my lap, caught my attention. Aish! What am I going to do with you?

“Leeteuk. Come out now! It’s dinner time,” eomma said.

“Okay. I’ll be there in a minute,” I answered. I picked up the box and placed it gently on my study table. I sighed. I shouldn’t have bought you. Then after staring at it, I went out of my room and went downstairs.

I sat on my usual chair, beside In Young noona. Then appa led the prayer. Yes, he’s religious. After praying, we started to eat. I took a bite of apple, not planning to eat anything but this.

“How’s your dream?” noona asked.

I looked at her. “My dream? What are you talking about?” then munched on the fruit I’m holding.

“Tch. Stop acting as if you don’t know what I’m talking about.”

“You sleep talked,” eomma said.

Sleep talked? Me? “Really?” I asked.

“Ne. That was the first time I heard you talked in your sleep.”

I became curious. “What did I say?”

“Do you really want to know?” noona asked.

Of course. “Ne.”

“You said Jung Ae’s name several times. You also mentioned about not leaving Korea and wanting her to come back to you. That proves you’re hesitating to leave.”

“I said that?”

“Ne.”

I shook my head. “Yah! You’re just making up story.”

“She’s not,” appa said. “I heard it myself.”

Aish! “You’re all making fun of me.”

Appa put down his chopsticks and looked directly at me. “Tell me. Are you happy with what you’re doing now?”

Honestly, I’m not. “Of course I am.”

He smiled. “Liar,” then he went back to eating.

“W-What?”

“Appa’s right. You’re such a big liar,” noona said.

“Leeteuk, I’ll ask you this for the last time,” eomma said. “… Do you really want to leave?”

I sighed. I really hope this will be the last time I’m answering this.