DAY 29

Untitled

I woke up early today. I went to the rooftop and looked at the view of Ulsan in front of me. The wind is quite cold but relaxing. The clouds are dark so I expect it’ll be raining later. Inhale. Exhale. Relax. They won’t be able to find you, Leeteuk. They won’t see you again. So just forget those memories you’ve shared with them. After that, it’ll be easier for me to leave, to leave Korea.

Someone tapped my shoulder but I didn’t bother to look up. “I know you’re facing a big problem and making hard decisions. But you know what? Hiding isn’t the answer,” In Young- noona said.

I know. “But I need to do this. Everything’s going to be easy after this. Just support me in my decisions. That’s the only thing you can do.”

“Leeteuk, I respect what you want. But you’re just wasting time on playing hide and seek with someone who doesn’t even know where to find you or if it is possible for her to find you. Stop doing this. You’re not a kid anymore. Do you really want to hurt Jung Ae-sshi?”

“Who told you that she’s hurt?”

“She loves you. Of course she will be hurt if you continue this.”

I shook my head. “She doesn’t love me.”

“How would you know that if you’re just standing here, waiting for your flight to come?”

6 days. And my flight is 5 days from now. “I don’t need to know the truth. So just go downstairs and do your own thing.” In short, leave me alone.

“Last question.”

I looked at her. “What?”

She let seconds pass by. “Do you really think you can forget your feelings for her?”

I know I can’t but I should. “Of course I can. I’ll do anything to forget her.”

She smiled. That smile means something. She’s planning something. “Let’s see,” then she left me. I wonder what she’s planning.

 

*JUNG AE’S POV*

‘’What?!” I said.

“The principal already allowed us to leave for a week so pack your things up now,” Soo Young said.

“W-Wait. How did that happen?”

“Ask Eunhyuk about that.”

I looked at that boy with a smile on his face. “Yah! What happened?”

“Sorry for not telling you this earlier but Principal Lee is actually my uncle,” Eunhyuk said. “And since we’re desperate to look for Leeteuk, I asked him to give us permission. Fortunately, he did.”

I smiled. I really love my friends. “GAMSAHAMNIDA, LEE HYUKJAE!”

“Yah! I told you not to call me my real name.”

“Waeyo? Hyukjae’s better.”

“She’s right. It fits you better than Eunhyuk,” Taeyeon agreed.

“See? I told you, Hyukjae’s better,” Donghae said.

“Tch. Do you still want me to continue this or not?” Eunhyuk threatened.

“Yah! Mianhae. We’ll stop. Mianhae,” I apologized.

“Good. So kaja, Donghae.”

“Me? Wae?” Donghae asked.

“We’ll call you aunt. We’re going to stay there for a week.”

“W-What?!”

“You said she lives in Ulsan, right? And besides, I already called her yesterday. We will just confirm our stay,” then he went outside.

“Aish!” then he followed Eunhyuk.

I stood up. “I’ll just fix my things,” then I went inside my room.

It’s still raining but not as hard as yesterday. Still, it’s making me dizzy. The rain makes me nauseated, especially when I’m moving or doing something. Aish! I also have motion sickness so I have to relax. No one should notice this.

“Are you okay?” Kyuhyun asked.

I looked at him. “N-Ne.”

“You look pale. Are you sick?” Soo Young said.

I shook my head. Wrong move. Relax, Jung Ae. “D-Don’t mind me. I’m okay.”

“Are you claustrophobic? Or do you have a motion sickness? It looks like you’re going to throw up,” Donghae said.

Aish! “I-I'm fine,” I repeated. I’m getting more and more nauseated. I didn’t notice that six people would be that crowded in a van.

Kyuhyun, who is sitting beside me, opened the window on my left. “I think you need some air.”

I looked outside. It’s not raining now. Good. “Ne. Gomawo.”

“You really need to rest, Jung Ae. You’re stressing yourself much,” Soo Young said.

“She’s right. Maybe you have to stay in the house while we’re looking for that bastard,” Eunhyuk said.

I looked at him. “But I want to-”

“Jung Ae, you’re the youngest one in here so you have to follow what we tell you to do. Just rest there even just for two days,” Taeyeon said.

“But-”

“No buts.”

Aish! I really have no choice. “Fine,” then I looked back outside.

We arrived at Donghae’s aunt’s house at 11am. We went to our rooms and went back to the living room. Ahjumma smiled sweetly at us. She’s welcoming us warmly. Oh! She and Donghae have the same sweet smile.

“So yeah. This is my aunt,” Donghae said.

“Good morning, kids. I’m happy that finally, I’m meeting Donghae’s friends. The house will be full now,” ahjumma said.

“She’s single,” he added.

That was surprising. “For real?!” Eunhyuk said.

“But wae?” Soo Young also asked.

“I have no time to look for the right guy. And besides, I’m already old. And I’m happy being single,” ahjumma explained.

Donghae looked at his aunt. “By the way, Jung Ae will stay here for a day or two while we’re doing our task. She will just take a rest then she can join us after.”

She looked at me and smiled. “Sure. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you. Kaja. Let’s eat first,” then we all went to the dining area.

Two days. Right. I think I have to follow what they said. Resting isn’t a bad idea. Two days. After that, I’ll help them find Jungsoo. Jungsoo… Where are you?