DAY 36

Untitled

Yeah! Last chapter! Sorry if I didn't end it the way you expect it to end. Thanks for reading my first fic. Enjoy this chapter! Watch out for the sequel. Gamsahamnida!!!

 

***********************************

 

If you’ll ask me what my birthday wish is, I’ll tell you: it’s for Jungsoo to come back. Honestly, I miss him. I really, really do. Aish! How can I move on if I can’t even forget him? This isn’t right. If I continued to be like this, I can’t move on. I need to stop thinking about him. But really, I don’t know how. Kyuhyun’s my only hope.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”

That was loud! It almost broke my eardrum. I smiled. After what happened, they still cheer me up. I really love these guys. They’ve put their effort in helping me. But really, how can four people be that loud?

Donghae went towards me, holding a cake. “What’s your wish, dongsaeng?” He never called me that. Oh well, I never called him oppa before.

I just smiled. “Secret.”

“Aish!” then Soo Young put a party hat on my head and smiled. “Happy birthday, dongsaeng.”

“Yah! Stop calling me that way!”

“Then start calling us oppa and unnie,” Eunhyuk said.

“Tch. Okay… oppa.”

He smiled. “Good. Now, blow the candles. They’re starting to melt.”

I nodded. I closed my eyes, whispered my wish, and blew the candle in one breath. I looked at them. “Gamsahamnida, unnie, oppa. Thank you for helping me with everything. Thank you for the support you’ve given me when I need one. You guys are the best.”

Donghae put the cake on the table and hugged me. “Yah, dongsaeng. Don’t thank us. We’re just doing our task.”

“But still, I want to thank you all.”

He tightened his hug. “I wish you happiness, Jung Ae. I know it’s hard for you to forget him but remember, we’re here to help you out. I’ll help you find the right one for you.”

I nodded. “Sure. Gomawo.”

Eunhyuk tear Donghae off from me. “Yah! Stop that. Soo Young’s getting jealous.”

“WHAT?!” Soo Young reacted.

He looked at her. “Why? You’ll deny it?”

“Y-Yah! I’m not jealous, okay?”

He nodded. “Fine, fine. Whatever.”

Kyuhyun went towards me and gave me a small, rectangular box. “Happy birthday.”

I smiled at him and took the box. “You know I don’t want gifts.”

“Ne. But this is the first time I’m giving you one. So just accept it.”

I looked at the box. “What’s inside?”

“Just open it later. It’s for you to find it out.”

I nodded. “Okay.”

Then Taeyeon’s phone rang. She answered it. “Oh, unnie. What’s up?”

We all went closer to her and listen intently. Is she talking with In Young-uunie? I hope not.

She looked at me. “You want to see her?” she asked the other line.

“Me?” I asked. Someone wants to see me? Really?

“Okay. We’ll be there in an hour,” then she ended the call. “We have to leave. Just put the cake in the ref.”

“Where are we going?” Soo Young asked.

“In Young-unnie wants to see Jung Ae.”

Me? “Waeyo?” I asked.

She shrugged. “I don't know. Maybe she’ll tell you something important. Let's go.”

We all went to Jungsoo’s house. In Young-unnie led us to their living room, where her parents are waiting. I wonder why we’re here.

“Annyeong haseyo,” I greeted.

Ahjumma stood up and approached me. “Jung Ae, happy birthday.”

How did she know that? “G-Gamsahamnida.”

She smiled. “Probably you’re wondering why we wanted to see you.”

I nodded. “Ne.”

“Come with me.”

 

 

*LEETEUK’S POV*

I went out of the cab and pulled out my luggage. I knew it, I’ll come back. I realized that they’re all right. Leaving isn’t the best thing to do. I stared in front of the house for a while and then I noticed a car parked in front of it. We have a visitor? Wae? So I walked forward to reach the doorbell.

 

 

*JUNG AE’S POV*

We entered a big room. The walls are white, the place is clean. It reminds me of Jungsoo’s room there at the dorm. We both sat down on the room’s bed.

“How are you?” she asked me.

“I’m fine,” I answered.

She smiled. “But it’s not what I’m seeing right now.”

I looked down. “Mianhae. I’m trying hard to be okay but I think I’m not improving.”

“You already miss him, right?”

“… Ne.”

“I understand you. It’s normal for someone to miss someone she loves. But I’m sure he also misses you.”

I shook my head. “No, he does not. I’m not that important to him.”

“I’ll tell you this, he loves you. He left because he thought you don’t love him back. We tried to convince him nothing happened. He’s a weakling when it comes to love. He doesn’t want to be hurt so he just left to forget you.”

“And maybe he already forgot me.”

“He won’t. That’s impossible to forget someone you once loved. It’s like knowing someone you haven’t met yet.”

I looked up at her. “But I think it’s better if he already did.”

She stood up and went towards a closet. She reached for a big box on top of the closet and sat back beside me. “Here, take this.”

“No. I can’t accept that.”

“Wae? It’s from Leeteuk.”

 

 

*LEETEUK’S POV*

In Young-noona opened the gate. Her shocked face welcomed me. I just smiled at her.

“W-What are… You’re here… You’re back,” she said.

I nodded. “Ne, I’m back.”

She smiled and hugged me. “I MISS YOU, DONGSAENG!!!”

I pushed her away. “Yah! Don’t shout! You almost broke my eardrum.”

She smiled wider. “I knew it, you’ll come back.”

Then someone went outside the living room. “Unnie, who-” then Taeyeon paused after seeing me. “L-Leeteuk?” What is she doing here?

“Ne, it’s me,” I answered.

She ran towards me and also hugged. Tch. Girls. “Thank God you’re back!” then she released me. “I’m very, very happy.”

“I know. But why are you here?”

She and noona exchanged looks. What’s going on?

“Yah. Answer me.”

“It’s Jung Ae’s birthday, remember?” noona answered.

“Ne,” then I started to realize what’s happening. “S-She’s here?”

“… Ne. She’s with eomma at-”

I didn’t let her finish her statement as I ran towards my room. I know she’s there. Something’s telling me she’s there.

 

 

*JUNG AE’S POV*

My tears are starting to form. “It’s from… J-Jungsoo?”

Ahjumma nodded. “Ne. He bought it a week ago. He kept on thinking how to give this to you. But he ended up keeping it here. And now, I’m giving it to you.”

I took the box and opened it. A beautiful, white music box. He bought a music box for me. That guy. Why doesn’t he give this to me before he left? “… I hate him.”

Then the door opened. “Jung Ae?”

I looked at the person who entered the room. I stood up, wide-eyed. “… J-Jungsoo?”

He smiled. “Hi.”

My tears started to flow. I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. “You!”

He hugged me back. “What?”

I started to cry hard. “… Why did you do that?”

“Mianhae. I won’t do that again,” then I felt him kissed the top of my head. “Do you really hate me like you said a while ago?”

I shook my head. “That will never happen.”

He released me and looked into my eyes. “… Do you really love me?”

What a question. “Of course.”

He smiled again. “Good. I love you, too,” then he leaned forward to kiss me.