DAY 31

Untitled

*JUNG AE’S POV*

“Mianhae. We still didn’t find him,” Soo Young apologized.

I shook my head. “It's okay. We still have 4 days and we’re done with half of Ulsan. We can do this.”

Kyuhyun stood up. “Let's go. We need to move now,” then he looked at me. “Don’t worry, Jung Ae. We’ll do our best.”

I smiled at him. “I know. That’s why I’m thankful to have you, guys, as my best friends. Okay. I think you should leave now.”

“I’ll just start the car outside,” Taeyeon said then she went outside.

“Are you sure you’re okay here?” Donghae asked.

“Ne. Ahjumma’s good at cooking. I’m definitely happy by just staying here.”

He nodded. “Good. We’ll leave now,” then he, together with the others, went outside. I hope they’ll find him this time.

Ahjumma tapped my shoulder. “Just trust your friends and relax here. You can join them tomorrow after you take a good rest.”

I looked at her. “Ne. Gamsahamnida, ahjumma.”

She smiled. “I’m happy to take care of Donghae’s friends. So don’t be shy to ask me anything, okay?”

“Ne.”

“Let's go. Let’s have some ramen and a little talk. I want to know what happened to my niece these past few years.”

I nodded. “Okay,” then we both went to the dining room.

We’re sitting across each other, both looking at the bowls in front of us. I feel a little bit uncomfortable since I’ve never been alone with a friend’s relative. And also, we’re both quiet. It’s quite awkward in here.

“I’ve never seen Donghae for the past 3 years. Tell me. What kind of friend is he?” ahjumma started.

I looked at her. “He’s a very thoughtful person. Sometimes, he’s childish and naughty. But he’s really a sweet person,” I answered.

She smiled. She really looks like Donghae. “He’s still the same.”

I nodded. “Ne. I’ve known him for 5 years now. I can tell that he really hasn’t changed.”

She leaned forward. “Yah, Jung Ae-sshi. I want to know if he’s courting someone or not. I’m a bit curious of how he looks at Soo Young-sshi. Is there something going on between them?”

Wow. She’s pretty sensitive about the things around her. “He likes Soo Young. And I think she likes him, too. I really don’t know the real score between them so let him tell you about that.”

She nodded. “Ne, you’re right,” then she sighed. “He’s really growing up.”

I smiled. “Ne. But still, he’s innocent,” then I went back to eating.

“How about you?”

Me? “Ummm… Nothing special.”

“You’re in love with someone.” That’s not a question.

“N-Ne.”

“That’s why you’re doing all of this.”

“Ne,” I repeated.

“That’s good. He’s lucky to have you. I can see that you really love him.”

I looked down. “I won’t bother doing this if I don’t. But honestly, I’m quite tired of waiting for nothing.”

“I’m not good at advising but I’ll tell you this. As long as you love each other, nothing’s impossible. Love will make you together again. Just wait and everything will be alright.”

I looked at her, nodded and smiled. “Ne. Gamsahamnida.”

Ahjumma smiled. “Let’s eat now. Our food is getting cold now,” then we went back to eating our warm ramen.

Be patient. That’s what I should do now. I know we can do this in 4 days. I shouldn’t lose hope now.

 

 

 

*KYUHYUN’S POV*

We’ve been searching him for almost a week now and still, nothing’s happening. That guy’s really a trouble. I won’t bother doing this if not for Jung Ae. Poor Jung Ae. I really hate to see her suffering just because of that guy. He doesn’t deserve it.

“Let’s go home. I’m already tired,” Taeyeon said.

“No. It’s still early to go home,” Eunhyuk disagreed.

“But I’m wasted now. Let’s just continue this tomorrow. We’ve been working for almost 12 hours and I’m sleepy.”

“Let's go. We can rest now,” I said.

They all looked at me.

“W-Waeyo?” Soo Young asked.

Taeyeon smiled. “I’ll start the engine now,” then she rode her car.

“Wait Kyuhyun. Are you serious? I thought you wanted to finish this tomorrow?” Donghae asked.

I nodded. “Ne. Just follow Taeyeon. We’re going home. I'll just call somebody.”

“... Fine,” then they went inside the car.

I grabbed my phone and called Leeteuk. I need to talk to him.

“Hello?” he answered.

“This is Cho Kyuhyun,” I said.

“Kyuhyun. Why did you call? It’s kinda late now.”

“Where are you?”

He didn’t answer, as expected.

“Where are you?” I repeated.

“I won’t entertain such question. Sorry.”

“Tell me. Do you still love her?”

“Ne,” he said after a long pause.

“Then go out from that cave you’re in. Stop hiding from us.”

“I can’t do that. I won’t do that.”

“Why not? I thought you love her.”

“That’s not a reason enough for me to stop hiding. And besides, I’m trying hard to forget her so please, don’t remind me about her from now on.”

“So are willing to give her to me?”

Again, he didn’t answer. Boom!

“Okay. I think I should start moving now. Since you’re already gone, I can do what I want now. You know how much I want to win her heart, right? So thanks for giving up on her.”

Few seconds passed before he answered. “Don’t dare.”

I smiled. “Waeyo? Are you going to stop me?”

“I’ll kill you.”

“Then come here. Show yourself.”

I heard him took a deep breath. “Please. Don’t do that.”

“Sorry. But this is my chance to make her love me again. If you want her back, go and get her from me, okay? If you don’t, then go, leave Korea,” then I ended the call.

That’s right, Kyuhyun. I’ll move now. All I have to do is to court Jung Ae for Leeteuk to come out from hiding. It isn’t a bad idea, right? I hope this plan will work or else, I’ll court her for real. And I’m not going to give her back to him.