DAY 27

Untitled

16, 17, 18. That was the 18th time he knocked on my door. But till, I’m not answering.

“Jung Ae-sshi! Kaja! We need to go now,” Kyuhyun said.

I wanted to tell him that the door is open but my mouth isn’t moving. I’m just sitting there in the living room, doing nothing, not in the mood to do anything. 19, 20, 21. He knocked again. Aish! Please, just turn the knob now.

And he did.

Kyuhyun sat beside me. “Yah! I’ve been waiting outside for almost half an hour but you’re not coming out. Kaja. We have to go now. So stand up and fix yourself.”

I’m telling my body to move but it seemed frozen. It isn’t obeying me. Aish! Move, you stupid body! You have to move!

“A-Are you alright?” he looked concerned.

I tried hard to answer him. “N-Ne. I'm okay.” Success!

“Are you sure? You look wasted. Is there a problem?”

I shook my head. “Nothing.”

“Come on. I know something happened. Tell me.”

I looked down. “He called last night.”

“Then you should be happy.”

Happy? “He told me to stop.”

“To stop what?”

“To stop finding him. He told me to give up because it’s impossible for me to find him.” Tears are starting to fill my eyes. “I told him I won’t do that but he continued to tell me to stop.” They started to flow now. “Yah! Tell me… I should… continue this, right?”

I felt his arms around me. “Of course you should. You wanted to see him. That’s an enough reason for you to continue. We’re here to help you through this. So just ignore what he said to you, araso?”

I nodded. “N-Ne,” then I wiped my tears like a child.

We went to Ulsan before noon and arrived at 2:00 pm. We started our search on the west part of the city but nothing happened. It’s already 5 so we decided to rest for a while at the park. 117 houses. Whew! That’s really tiring.

“We’re now done with the west part. Let’s continue this tomorrow,” Kyuhyun said.

I took a sip of my soda. “I can’t believe I’m doing this. It’s like surveying the whole city of Ulsan.”

“Ne. But I find it fun and exciting. We still have 8 days to do this. That’s enough for us to find Leeteuk, I think.”

“Do you really think-”

“Yah! You’re starting to say those things again. Remember what Donghae said, be positive.”

I nodded. “Okay,” then my phone rang. “Hello?” I answered.

“Where are you?” Jungsoo asked.

I looked at Kyuhyun. “I’m at the park with Kyuhyun-sshi. Waeyo?”

“Park? Where?”

I shouldn’t tell him. “In Seoul. We skipped our classes to relax.”

“Are you sure you’re in Seoul?”

What? Does he know we’re somewhere else? “N-Ne. Of course we’re in Seoul. W-Why would we leave?”

“N-Nothing. Never mind it. I just have a feeling that you went somewhere.”

“Y-You told me to stop right? I’m currently thinking about it.” Haha. Thinking about it? Tch. Why would I?

Few seconds have passed. “You should be.”

Okay. I’ll just ride with it. Haha. “Do you really think it is impossible for me to find you?”

“Ne.”

“Okay. I’ll think about it later. For now, I’m just going to relax. I need to get rid of the stress I’m having now.”

“That’s why you should stop hunting me. There’s no way you can find me. But remember this, I love you. I’ll still keep in touch so don’t worry.”

I smiled. I can’t wait to succeed in this chase. “Ne.”

“And by the way, I’m starting to forget you as I have said before.”

That made me frown. “What?”

“I know there’ll come a time when you will completely forget me. That’s what I’m trying to do now. So expect that I’ll be ignoring your calls this week. After that, I’m sure I’ve succeeded. Then we can call each other again.”

He’s joking right? “Are you serious?”

“Ne, I am. So that’s it… I’m hanging up,” then he did.

I put my phone down. This is bad. I really have to see him before he totally forget his feelings for me.

 

 

*LEETEUK’S POV*

She lied. She’s not in Seoul anymore. In fact, I’m currently watching her frustrated expression. They already knew where to find me. Aish! I forgot that I told Heechul about this. It never crossed my mind that she will ask him. Babo. I have to go back now. Seeing her is no use. I need to forget her so that I won’t be hurt much when I left. Forget her, Leeteuk. Forget her before it’s too late.