DAY 19

Untitled

Everything happens for a reason. But why is this happening to me?

Taeyeon, that desperate girl, continued to annoy me. Fortunately, Soo Young’s always there to defend me. I haven’t talked to Kyuhyun since the day he confessed.  And Jungsoo… Um… He always… I don’t know why but there’s something in him or in everything he does that makes my heart pound very hard. This is bad, isn’t it?

“Yah! Stop staring at him or else he’ll melt,” Soo Young said.

I immediately looked down. “I’m not, okay?”

“I’ve seen it. You’re daydreaming about him.”

I glared at her. “Yah!”

“So, Kyuhyun already confessed to you.”

I slowly nodded. “Ne.”

“But he’s already late, right?”

Late? “What are you talking about?”

“These past few days, I’ve been observing you. And I’ve noticed that your feeling for him is already gone. It looks like you found another special someone in Leeteuk.”

Aniyo. That isn’t true. “I'll, admit we’re pretty close. But I promised myself that I will never like that guy.”

“But we all know that most of the promises we made are meant to be broken. So it is still possible for you to like him. And that’s what I’m seeing now.”

I won’t believe you. “I won’t like him. Period.”

She shrugged. “Fine. It’s your decision so I’ll respect that. But I want you to think of it thoroughly. You wouldn’t be in this situation if you don’t like him. You wouldn’t agree to be his girlfriend if you don’t like him. And I’m sure that if this comes to an end, you’ll be hurt.”

I don’t want to believe you. “... Okay.”

*****5:00 pm*****

“Jung Ae,” Jungsoo said.

“Ne?” I answered.

“I’ve heard that he already confessed to you.”

“Ne.”

“So there’s no need for me to help you.”

“There’s also no need for me to help you.”

“You promised me that you’ll finish this agreement. There’s no turning back now.”

If continuing this will make me fall for him, I should stop now. “What should I do to convince you to end this?”

“Nothing.”

I glared at him. “What?”

“You still have to wait for-”

I’m getting tired of this, really. “Will you just leave me alone?”

“I won’t.”

“Wae? Are you having a good time annoying me? I’ll tell you this. I’m sick of your game, Jungsoo. If want to play this kind of joke, find someone who will enjoy it with you.”

“Are you angry?”

“Isn’t it obvious?!”

He looked somewhat concerned. “Okay. I’ll just decrease the number of days-”

“I want to end this right now!”

“But I really need your help.”

“I don’t care!” Relax, Jung Ae.

“Please. After this, I’ll leave. You’ll not see me anymore.”

“Then get lost.”

Hurt. That’s what I saw on his face. “Do you really want me to leave?”

“Ne! That’s all I want.”

He looked intensely at my eyes. “Even if I say that… I like you?”

What? “Will you please stop saying nonsense?”

“I’m serious. I like you.”

I shook my head. This isn’t true. “No. You’re just telling me this because-”

“What happened on the first time we’ve met isn’t an accident.”

“... What?”

“Look. There are lots of rooms here in the dorm. But why do you think I entered yours? Valentine’s day. I saw you there, talking to Kyuhyun. That’s why I ran towards you to stop you from confessing. I’ll admit. What happened were somewhat part of my plan to get to know you better. But I didn’t expect that it’ll go this far. Mianhae.”

“Stop telling lies.”

“Joahae.”

“No.”

“That’s the truth. But if you really want me to leave, I’ll do it.”

I should be happy, right? I want to say something but I don’t know what to say. My mind’s blank.

“Okay. I’ll leave tomorrow after classes. I’m not planning to tell everyone about this. So if they all asked you what happened, just keep quiet,” he paused for a moment. “Good night,” then he went to his room.

Without me knowing it, a tear fell down to my cheek. I didn’t expect this. He’s leaving. He’s leaving me now. But why am I hurt?