DAY 35

Untitled

So friends, here's the second to the last chapter. I never thought this fic will be this long. Haha.. Enjoy!!

**************************************************

 

Today, I’m not going to do anything, none at all. It’s already 11 in the morning and I haven’t eaten anything. I’ve been awake for almost 5 hours now but still, I’m lying here in my bed. In short, I’m not in the mood for anything. After what happened last night, there’s no strength left in me. Nothing’s left. Jungsoo took it away with him.

“Jung Ae-sshi!” Soo Young’s calling me. “It’s already noon! Come out now, please. You have to eat your breakfast!”

“No!” I answered. “I have no appetite.”

“Please, Jung Ae. You have to move on. This isn’t the end of your life, araso? I know you love him but don’t make yourself suffer because of him.”

I know that. “Please… just leave me for a while. Let me think things through.”

“... Fine. But please, don’t hide in your room.”

After that, silence filled the place. I assume she already left. I sighed. My head still hurts because of crying too much. I’ve never cried like that before. And I never thought I’d cry that hard. Because of what happened yesterday, there’s no tear left for me to shed now. Well, that’s good.

Soo Young’s right. I have to move on. He’s gone now and there’s nothing I can do to make him come back. So I have to forget him. But how? Mollayo. For now, I want to live normally again after I stepped out of this room. I’ll prove him that I can still live without him.

*****2pm *****

I fixed my room before going outside. I headed downstairs and saw them watching a movie. There’s a vacant seat beside Eunhyuk so I sat there. Then they all looked at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Did we bother you? Are we too noisy?” Soo Young asked.

I shook my head. “No.”

“You finally came out of that room. That was a relief,” Donghae said.

I smiled at him. “Really?”

They all gave me a confused look. What’s with these guys?

“Y-You’re smiling?” Soo Young said.

“Ne. Is there something wrong with that?” I asked.

“Yah! Stop acting as if nothing happened last night. Stop acting as if you’re not affected with it,” Taeyeon said.

“I’m not acting, seriously. Why would I?”

“You’ve moved on already?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Isn’t that a good thing?”

They all smiled at me, except for Kyuhyun. Isn’t he happy? Or is that just he didn’t buy what I said? Aish! He’s really a good observant. I can’t hide anything from this lad.

“Let’s just watch. I think you’re going for a horror movie. That’s great! I love horror movies,” I said to avoid Kyuhyun’s stare.

“Ne. Good thing we haven’t started yet. Let’s watch now,” Soo Young said then she pressed the play button.

I took another glance at Kyuhyun. He’s still looking at me. Aish! This is bad, Jung Ae, Really bad.

After watching the movie, I went to the rooftop. Inhale. Exhale. The wind’s quite cold. I sighed. This is the best place to relax. The view is good, the area’s clean, and the place is big. I think I have to visit ahjumma every week because of this.

“Yah!”

I looked around. Uh-oh. It’s Kyuhyun. He’s walking towards me. Tell me what to do.

“W-What?” I asked.

He stared at me for a moment. “You look okay… but I know you’re not.”

I gulped. “W-Who told you that?”

“Your eyes.”

I looked away. “Just help me move on. If you don’t want to see me like this, then help me forget him. I’m open for suggestions.”

“… Do really want me to help you?”

Again, I looked up. “Ne.”

“Then start loving me again.”

 

 

*LEETEUK’S POV*

I went towards my phone and dialed appa’s number. I’m sure they’re already waiting for my call now. I wonder what they’re doing now.

“Hello? Leeteuk?” appa answered.

I smiled. “Ne, it’s me.”

“Good thing you remembered to call. You know what? Appa and eomma already miss you. The house feels empty now that you’re gone.”

“Yah! Don’t cry appa.”

He chuckled. “I’m not feeling well. I got a cold that’s why I sounded like this. By the way, where’s your uncle?”

Uncle? “H-He’s here… Wae?”

“I want to talk to him. You know, I want to know how he’s doing.”

Uh-oh. “Ummm… H-He’s sleeping right now. He said h-he’s tired so he took a nap.”

I caught him. Good. “Really? Okay. Just call me if he’s already awake.”

I nodded. As if he would see that. “Ne.”

“You also need some rest. Sleep now. I’m sure you’re also tired. Call again later, understood?”

“Okay. Bye,” then I ended the call.

That was close. I didn’t expect that he’ll ask for uncle. What will I do now? Nobody should know that I’m still here. Nobody should.

 

 

*JUNG AE’S POV*

“W-What?” I asked. That one shocked me.

“I’m serious, Jung Ae. If you want to forget him… come back to me,” Kyuhyun answered.

I can’t believe he said that. What to do now? Think, Jung Ae, think!

“I’m not forcing you to accept my suggestion. I know it’s-”

I interrupted him. “Sure.”

His eyes widened. “What?”

“He left me here. That means he doesn’t care about me anymore. So what’s the point of me waiting for him to come back? Well, we all know that he won’t.” Those words hurt me. But that’s the truth.

“… So you’re accepting it?”

I slowly nodded. “I think that wasn’t a bad idea. I’ll try.”

He smiled. But I can see that half of him doesn’t want his idea. “Gamsahamnida,” then he hugged me. “Advance happy birthday.”