DAY 26

Untitled

I really want to go to Ulsan now but, I can't skip my classes today. I tried to call him but he's not answering. Wae? Is he doing this on purpose or is he busy that he didn't noticed I'm calling? Is he avoiding my calls? Aish! What am I going to do now?

"Let's go there tomorrow."

I looked up and saw Kyuhyun. "Tomorrow?"

He nodded. "Ne. I'm willing to give up one absent for this thing."

I gave him a weak smile. "Gomawo," then I looked down. A tear fell down from my eye. I wiped it immediately. Aish! Jung Ae, don't cry! It's no use.

"It's okay. We still have 15 minutes. Use that time to cry."

I shook my head. "Aniyo. I have to save these tears for our meeting."

"... Okay."

I looked up at him and took a deep breath. "Are you sure you want to go with me?"

He nodded. "Of course. Ulsan is a big city and you know that you get lost easily," he smirked. Awww! I miss that smirk. "You're a woman with no sense of directions."

“Yah!”

“That’s true. So I’ll accompany you every time you go to other places,” then he turned serious. “I won’t let you get lost again.”

I remembered what happened six years ago. My family and his went to Jeju for a vacation. We’re all having fun when I saw someone stood up. I thought it was Kyuhyun so I followed him but after a couple of minutes, I found myself inside a forest. I tried to escape but nothing happened. It took them two days before they found me.

I smiled. “I’m old enough to take care of myself. I promise, that won’t happen again.”

“I still feel guilty of what happened,” Kyuhyun said.

“It’s not your fault, it’s mine. So stop thinking about that, okay?”

He slowly nodded. “Okay.”

“So let’s just meet tomorrow morning.”

“Ne. I’ll just wait for you in front of your dorm.”

“Sure.”

9 days. I have 9 days to roam around Ulsan. Will we be able to make it in 9 days? Aish! I really need to know where his exact location is. I went to his ‘room’. Everything’s still in place. I opened his closet, expecting to see some clothes hanging in there. But all I found is an envelope. I picked it up and opened it. A picture, my picture. It looks like a stolen shot. Then I flipped it over and read what is written there.

                   This is the first picture I took when I got my first camera. And look, it’s you! I found it hard to take pictures of you but I still managed to get a perfect one- a smiling Jung Ae. You looked happy with your friends. I hope I can make you happy like that.

                                                                                                                        Jungsoo.

I fell onto my knees after reading it and began to cry. Jungsoo, please come back.

I went to my room and sat on my bed. I took another look at the picture. ‘I hope I can make you happy like that.’ Those words kept on replaying on my mind. But suddenly my phone rang and I immediately answered it.

“Yoboseyo?” I asked.

“Mianhae. I didn’t notice your calls this morning,” Jungsoo said.

I smiled. Finally, I heard his voice. “It's okay. I know you’re kinda busy. What’s up?”

“Still here, waiting for you to come.”

My smile widened. “Don’t worry, we will make it there. Just wait for me.”

It took him seconds before answering. “I can’t promise you that.”

What? “H-Huh?”

“I really wanted to see you but… I already accepted the fact that you won’t be able to make on time. 9 days isn’t enough.”

“Yah! Don’t say that again, okay? I told you, I’ll go there and get you.”

“Jung Ae,” then he sighed. “Just give up.”

Give up? Ha! I can’t believe he said that to me. “Aniyo. I won’t.”

“You won’t see me again, Jung Ae.”

I’m trying to hold back my tears. “I will. You just have to wait for me. Kyuhyun and others are going to help me, even Taeyeon. So please, stop telling me that we will not see each other again.”

“But it’s impossible-”

I interrupted him. “You said you want to make me happy, right? Then you have to be patient.”

Silence filled my room. After a couple of minutes, he ended the call without even saying he’s hanging up. I put down my phone and cried.