Dying Wish

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eun Mi screamed.

There was a deafening silence.

“N-Noona…” Ren choked out, the knife plunged deep into his chest. The doctor’s grip on the knife slackened. He stumbled to the ground, insanity consuming him. He pulled the knife out of his chest with great pain. The doctor remained frozen in front of him. Ren glared at the pathetic man, whimpering under his gaze.

“Eun Mi!” L called out, rushing into the sanctum with Infinite and BTS on his tail. His eyes widened at the doctor on the floor and then at Ren, who lost his grip on the knife. Ren swayed and his knees gave out. Eun Mi was quick to catch him before he fell to the floor. She gently laid him on her lap, tears streaming down her face. Blood stained his shirt; the life was draining from his face.

“No, no, no, Min Ki, please!” Eun Mi pleaded with the dying boy. Her wolves decided to remain where they were. They would not interfere with such a sincere moment.

“N-N-Noona…” he whimpered, eyes drooping slightly. She clutched on tighter to him, her tears dropping on his face.

“Sung Yeol, get your here!” she screamed for the healer. Sung Yeol hurried to the pair and got his knees to heal Ren. He extended his hands toward the boy’s wound, but Ren caught them and looked at him sternly.

“D-Don’t waste y-your e-e-energy on me. It’s u-useless. I can’t b-be s-saved.”

“What are you talking about? Don’t you have that power?” Eun Mi shook her head desperately at him.

Ren smiled weakly. “It can o-only b-be u-u-used once.” At that, Eun Mi let out a choked cry. She sobbed harder. Sung Yeol averted his gaze solemnly.

Ren reached up to grasp Eun Mi’s hand, and she lifted her head to meet his gaze. Strangely enough, his eyes were filled with happiness and peace.

Min Ki, you’re happy to die, aren’t you? She spoke in his mind. He did not seem fazed by that.

Yes, noona. After all that I’ve suffered, it’s nice to finally rest. His gaze grew soft, thinking about all the memories that they shared. I didn’t know you for a very long time, but it felt like I’ve known you for years. Noona, you opened up to me a world that I’ll never forget. You became my friend and my sister. Thank you for everything. I was glad to spend my days with you. Thank you. And noona?

Yeah?

Don’t cry.

Why?

I like your smile. Keep on smiling. For me. For your family. For your friends. For EXO.

Oh, Min Ki…

“Noona,” he whispered out. “You may not have the thirteenth guardian’s power, but you have something stronger,” he heaved a huge gasp of air, struggling to continue, “You have your smile and your compassion. Don’t lose it.”

She nodded, smiling, just for him. “I won’t.”

He gasped again, his chest lifting as he did. “Noona, I can’t see.” She stifled more cries as she cradled his head closer to her. “Hush, Min Ki, I’m still smiling.”

“Oh, that’s good.” His words grew softer. “That’s a…nice…picture…” He heaved his last breath. And then, the light was gone from his eyes, but he died with a smile on his face.

Everything became a blur of colors to Eun Mi. The authorities immediately arrested the insane doctor and hauled him out of the sanctum. She was led outside, where she was given a blanket and some hot chocolate (probably to calm her down). Her wolves surrounded her protectively, not leaving her side once, but they hadn’t said a word to her out of respect. They knew she was still sensitive, and it pained them on the inside to see her like this. However, they would wait. They would wait for her to come around. They would wait for her smile.

Eun Mi’s mind was still in a daze. Her arms still felt warm from when she cradled Min Ki as he died. She had cried enough. The pain in her heart was too much for her to cry about. She only wondered if she’d be able to regain her smile.

“Eun Mi.”

That voice.

She shot her head up with wide eyes, realizing that it was Jessica unnie speaking to her. Jessica’s face was hard and steely as always, but the look in her eyes was mush.

“Jessica…unnie?”

“Eun Mi.” A smile lit her features, and Eun Mi was blown away. Jessica pulled her into a hug, and Eun Mi gasped at the warm feeling that filled her heart. “Smile, dear. It’s his dying wish.”

Eun Mi squeaked, the tears flooding her eyes again. But this time, she cried with a smile on her face. It must have been a

Please log in to read the full chapter