New Student

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Did you hear? There’s going to be a new student today.”

“Yeah, I did. I heard it’s a guy.”

“Omo, I heard he’s hot!”

“And I heard he’s rich as well!”

“I heard that he’s a child prodigy! His intelligence exceeds most people his age!”

“How old is he?”

“I think he’s supposed to be in freshmen year but he’s so smart that he’s joining the juniors.”

“Oh my, he sounds like the perfect guy!”

“I heard he looks like a flower boy.”

“You mean he looks like a girl?”

“I don’t know; that’s what I heard.”

I shook my head at the gossip that was going around school. Apparently, there was a new student who was joining the juniors this year. It was weird that all of a sudden this student joins the school year when it’s about to end but I wasn’t one to complain. I joined it halfway through.

“There’s a new kid in town and apparently he has five other brothers with him as well.” Chen came up by my side and leaned against Kai’s locker.

“So, are you afraid of competition?” I teased, trying to find my math homework that I had unceremoniously stuffed inside my backpack.

“Nope, I’m just curious about them and the new kid. He’s at least three years younger than me and yet he’s in the same grade as you.” Chen shook his head.

“Some people are just born geniuses. You can’t fault them for being born like that.” I shrugged, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper that I recognized as my history homework. Well, then, I guess I have to flatten this out.

“Well, we live with one born genius.” He mused and I nodded. “Lu Han, right.”

“He might be joining your class.” He added and I turned to him.

“Oh, really, that’s cool.” I smiled.

“Yeah,” He shrugged. “I need to go to class. You alright over here?” He raised an eyebrow at the crumpled mess of papers that I was fishing out of my backpack. I smiled sheepishly, stuffing them into my locker quickly.

“I’m fine.” I reassured him and he chuckled, leaning in slightly. “Be careful of the fan girls. By lunch, they would have heard the news.” He warned and I nodded solemnly, ready for the attack of those banshees. By news he meant the fact that I was the mate of twelve wolves.

“Sure, I will. I’ll bring Secret to sit along with you guys, is that alright?” I glanced at him and he nodded. “We’ve got room for more.” I grinned in gratitude and he left with a light wave towards me.

Oh, boy, lunch is going to be hell.

The bell rang and Mr. Park entered the classroom. Everyone settled down into their seats and chatter dimmed to a low. We all sat straight and faced forward, waiting for his instructions. He set his stuff down and turned to the class with a bright one-dimpled smile.

“Alright, class, we have a new student today.” A girl whispered ‘I told you so’ behind me and I giggled silently. “I hope you all will treat him as well as you have treated Eun Mi-ssi.” He nodded towards me and I sat up straighter. Tao and Se Hun laughed silently by my side while Kai kicked my chair twice teasingly.  

These boys…

Mr. Park strolled to the door and escorted the new student in. Once the new student had entered the room, everyone whispered and stared at the new student in astonishment. My jaw dropped at the male. I saw some girls form the corner of my eye fish out their pocket mirrors and start checking on their makeup self-consciously. I couldn’t disagree with their actions this time around because damn, this boy made girls have self-esteem issues.

“Introduce yourself.” Mr. Park gently pushed the boy to the front of the class and the male bowed respectfully.

“My name is Choi Min Ki but please call me Ren.” He introduced himself monotonously. At first, I couldn’t even hear his voice since it was so delicate and soft but I could make out his words slightly. I stared at him in amazement. How the hell does he get his skin to look so soft? How in the world is his blonde hair so perfect? How the heck does he have bigger eyes and a smaller face than most girls?

I can hear every girl’s self-esteem drop to a huge zero.

“Anything else like your likes or hobbies you would like to add? How about what race are you? Or where’s your hometown?” Mr. Park prodded him from behind.

Ren was silent for a while, his eyes sweeping the room blankly. He glanced at every single student without a hint of emotion in his face and when his eyes landed on mine, they narrowed slightly, glancing at Tao, Se Hun, and Kai behind me, before looking away an unreadable emotion in his eyes.

“I like to be alone. My hobbies are to be alone. I’m from Bu San. And I’m a…” He hesitated for a moment, his eyes traveling back to me. Suddenly I saw it. I saw something in his eyes. I don’t know whether it was just me or my eyes playing tricks on me but I saw blue specks in his eyes.

“I’m a fairy.” He said; he blinked once and the blue specks were gone. The whole class seemed to believe him since fairies did have an ethereal aura and look about them especially the males. But I didn’t. I could tell that my three wolves by my side had seen the blue specks and they tensed slightly, sensing his lie.

He was lying because fairies didn’t have blue specks in their eyes. Their eyes had either pink or white specks in them. Ji Eun had pink specks in her eyes; that’s why I could tell she was a fairy. He had blue specks, a rare color meant for werewolves only.

“Alright, go sit down in the back where Min Ah-ssi is sitting. Min Ah-ssi, could you raise your hand?” The small girl in the back eagerly shot her hand up and Ren sauntered to the back, passing us. He passed us and I felt my three mates stiffen up. I didn’t know why though. I thought it was because of the eyes but it wasn’t until I turned around to look at Ren that I saw it.

He stared back at me emotionlessly but he turned to stare out the window just as a ray of sunlight hit him. His skin glowed. It glowed. I turned back around and faced the front, my eyes wide in shock.

He glowed. Werewolves don’t glow. Vampires do.

“That new kid is weird.” I mentioned to my twelve wolves at lunch. Secret sat with us as well, enjoying the fact that they were actually sitting and speaking with EXO.

Kai turned to me. “I know. I smelled vampire on him but his eyes had blue specks.”

“His skin glowed too when the sunlight hit him.” I added, taking a bite out of my sandwich.

“But werewolves and fairies don’t glow.” Se Hun concluded. Ji Eun sat up straighter by my side, grabbing my arm tightly all of a sudden. I turned to her and saw that her eyes were flushed over with white and her face was contorted into one of pain and concern.

“Hey, Ji Eun, are you alright?” I leaned in closer and she heaved a deep breath, shutting her eyes and reopening them a moment later to reveal her original eye color.

“Hey,” I nudged her in concern. I turned to Hyo Sung who looked stunned. I realized that the rest of Secret was gaping at her openly.

“What’s wrong?” I inquired worriedly.

“That’s…” Ha Na started out, her voice trembling.

“That’s the first vision she’s had in months.” Sun Hwa finished for her.

“Before, it used to happen all the time but then it stopped when you arrived and we thought that Ji Eun must have had control of her power once more. But, this is the first time it happened again.” Hyo Sung said grimly.

“She can see the future?”

Please log in to read the full chapter