Blood is Thicker Than Water

My Life is a Disney Movie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Saturday

 

“So, my parents will be back by tonight.” You informed as you sat around the table with the Royal Werewolf family having dinner.

 

“Should we break the news to them then?” Mei En quirked an inquiring eyebrow at you.

 

“…Not yet, my parents aren’t going to be home until past midnight and they’ll be really tired. I have a plan of some sort though to break it to them.” You sighed and stirred your chicken noodle soup half-heartedly.

 

“Well, whatever it is, we’ll be by your side at all times.” Su Ho reassured you with a kind smile that you returned.

 

“I’m not worried whether my plan will work or not…I’m more worried about my family accepting…our relationship. My parents love to do a lot of charity work and they travel around a lot, helping out other cultures and races with their problems like the flood in the goblin tunnels which they just recently volunteered for. They don’t mind other races and they hold no prejudice or judgment against anyone but…revealing that their daughter is the mate of twelve werewolves from the Royal Family is a whole different thing.” You confessed. You felt better that you let your worries out and the pressure in your chest subsided but did not disappear.

 

“Still, we’ll be by your side and we’ll do anything to make your family accept us.” Kai placed a hand over yours and nodded affirmatively. You smiled gratefully at the twelve werewolves.

 

“Thanks, guys.”

 

“Just a question…is there anything we have to be wary about?” Baek Hyun raised a curious eyebrow and you cocked your head in thought.

 

“Um…unlike werewolves who have a straightforward hierarchy system where there is one royal family only, vampires have four different royal families. My family or rather my coven is the royal coven of the East. Eventually, you’ll have to meet the whole coven and I don’t exactly know how my relatives will take it.” You shrugged.

 

“Wait, I don’t exactly get it.” Chan Yeol scratched his head in confusion and you giggled.

 

“Okay, so in the Twilight movie, a coven is a term to describe one vampire family. However, in actual reality, there are only four large royal covens in each country representing the cardinal directions like North, South, East, and West. My family is a part of the East Royal Coven. In these covens, there are many other vampire families who are all direct descendants of the Emperor. Oh, right, there are four emperors to command each coven. My father is the first great-grandson of the Emperor so that means that we’re higher than the other great-grandsons and any other relation after us but we are lower than the tenth grandson of the Emperor and any other relation above us.

 

“It’s slightly confusing but you’ll understand it eventually. So whoever is a direct descendant of the four emperors or related to any one of them is a royal like me. But there are so many related to the Emperor that there are many royal families so, I’m not the only princess and great-great-granddaughter of the Emperor…though, just between you and me, the Emperor likes me better than my cousins…just saying. Anyways, I’ll get to how we make political decisions later as it’s a rather hard concept to wrap your head around it.

 

“But all in all, we have four different types of balls a year: The Spring Ball, The Summer Ball, The Autumn Ball, and The Winter Ball. These allow us to reunite and communicate again and it’s also a reason for all the kings (leaders of each royal family) to meet with the Emperor and speak about their gains and losses. Everyone goes to each ball no matter what. And everyone who has a mate brings them as well even if you’re from another coven or you are an outsider from another countries coven.

 

“So that means…you guys are going to have to come with me to the Spring Ball…and that means that y’all are going to meet the whole coven…and get a lot of crap thrown at you or get welcomed into the family. But it’s still a long way down the road, so don’t worry your heads over it yet.” You assured them.

 

Le sigh, I have to teach them all about vampire etiquette, ballroom dancing, and don’t forget, memorizing the faces and relations of all my relatives…when that day comes…it’s going to be a hell of a ride…

 

“Are you guys still confused or do you have at least somewhat of the concept down?” You glanced around and you could tell they were still trying to wrap it around their heads but so far, they understood at least the surface of it.

 

“I think it’ll do for now.” They all nodded and you sighed pleased.

 

“Great, is there anything I should look out for as well?” You finished your food and grabbed your cup of water to swallow it down.

 

“Ah, there is the End-of-the-Year Gala!” The King piped up and your eyes widened.

 

“A ball at the end of the year?” You leaned in with interest.   

 

“Yes, it’s a gala to reunite the werewolves and everyone is invited. You can call it a New Year’s Gala as well if you want to.” Hyun Mi’s eyes sparkled as she spoke about it.

 

Interesting…

 

“But as you can see, my boys absolutely abhor it. I don’t know why though. It’s so fun!” Mei En pouted. And you noticed that their expressions darkened.

 

I wonder why…

 

“Eomma, let’s not talk about that until later alright? Anyone up for dessert?” D.O. changed the subject and at the word dessert, you literally beamed like a flashlight.

 

Oh, whatever, tomorrow is going to be fine and I know I can do it.

Sunday

 

“Oh my god, I don’t think I can do this.” You paced back and forth in front of the gates of your mansion. Behind you were the EXO werewolves, who decided (more like they forced you) to follow you.

 

“Eun Mi, relax and take a deep breath.” Lay came forward and placed a hand on your shoulder. You breathed in and with his signal, breathed out.

 

“Relax, we’ll be with you.” Su Ho nodded at you and you nodded back at him.

 

“Right, you’ll be with me. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.” Your hands quivered as they pressed in the code to your gate and once it unlocked, you froze on the spot.

 

“Eun Mi?” You breathed out and took a shaking step into your property.

 

I did it. Now, if I could just walk all the way to the front door and ring that door bell.

 

You robotically moved forward and soon, you were halfway across the lawn.

 

“Please do not step on the grass, madam.” That automated voice you loved and hated made you feel better and you paused in your step, the EXO boys halting right behind you.

 

“You can’t stop me~” You sang out playfully and it was as if you totally forgot about your worries and nerves as you skipped your way to the front door via the lawn. The EXO boys stood there astounded.

 

“Did she just talk back to the automated voice?” Xiu Min blinked in confusion.

 

“Yah, you slowpokes, just run across the lawn! It’s not like something will come out and bite you.” You turned around and shouted at them just before the lawn ended. They exchanged glances and dashed towards you. However, stepping on the cement steps and standing in front of the large wooden door, your worries and nerves came back and your legs were shaking.

 

Okay, I’m here. Just ring the door bell. Just ring it. Come on hand, you kept betraying me before why do you not move when I want you to betray me?!

 

You glared at your hand as you forced it with the other hand to press the door bell. The familiar ring of the bells was music to your ears as the nostalgic feeling crept up your back. Padded footsteps came closer and you held your breath. The door opened and you almost couldn’t breathe.

 

“Who is-Oh, Eun Mi, I thought you were in your room! W-What…” Your mother trailed off as she stared at the twelve werewolves behind you who looked uncomfortable and timid.

 

“Morning, mom…um…yeah, about that…could we talk in the living room?” You awkwardly hugged her and she nodded listlessly as she moved aside.

 

“Come on in…” She said in a daze. The twelve werewolves bowed at her respectfully before shuffling inside like obedient pups. You flashed your mother a smile before shuffling inside as well.

 

Here we go again…

“So you’re saying that these young werewolves are from the Royal family, meaning they are princes in werewolf culture.” Your mother sipped her tea calmly and you were surprised that she was so composed.

 

“Yup…” You nodded.

 <

Please log in to read the full chapter