Questions; no answer

~The Tough Life Of Being Your Love~
Hey lovelies~^^ It's co-author diamond2504 here to present with a new chap so enjoy~~
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
(Ukwon POV) 
Throughout the lesson, I kept thinking about what Kyung said earlier about Minyoung surely to be mine soon and how I’d wish that was true. She was all I could think about throughout the entire lesson and I even had thoughts about confessing to her already! But I decided against it. She can't even hold my hand as a friend this morning, how on earth am I going to get her to agree to be my girlfriend? By reassuring her that I’ll protect her? No that wouldn’t work. I get the feeling that she is the kind who rather believes actions than words so I got to do more than this to get her to be mine officially. The more I thought about it, the more disheartened I got. In the end, I comforted myself with the thought that “Hey, at least I’m on my way to prove to her that I’m worthy of her!” and I headed for her classroom; I said I’m going to pick her after class so I’m going to stick to my promise. 
(Minyoung POV)
I rush to my next class hurriedly as I was already late and thankfully the teacher didn’t punish me. I did my best to concentrate in class but my mind kept drifting back to the threat those girls gave me and Miyeon…no not her! I won't let them get her! Despite being of the same age, we both were fiercely protective on one another and there is no way she will be hurt by them. Not under my watch. I’m sure she would do the same too. I got a splitting headache from thinking too much and the head wound isn’t helping. The class ended, and I’m going to go home with nothing new in my head today. Frustrated, I stood up and when I walked out of the classroom, I saw Ukwon waiting for me outside the class. He opened his mouth to greet me I guess, but before he had the chance to, I rushed off. The last person I needed to see is him now. I could hear his footsteps behind me and I quicken my pace, hoping to lose him in the huge crowd of students now flooding the halls. But no such luck. Less than a minute after I got to my locker, there he was standing beside me. 
“Why are you-“
“Miyoung!” 
I said a silent thank you to Miyeon in my mind for her timely arrival that prevented Ukwon from asking anymore questions. I needed to warn her about them, and also do my best to get her away from Kyung. Even if it’s gonna hurt her, I’m going to do it. I cannot afford for her to get hurt. I turned my head to face her, all ready to whisk her away to somewhere private so that I could talk to her in private. 
When I saw her, all the resolution I had previously vanished. 
How can I break up such a loving couple?
There she was, smiling the sweetest and brightest smile I haven't seen her smile in a long time since she was with Kyung and there he was, beaming at her with such love it made me jealous too. She had her arm hooked around him and they look just like a couple ready to walk down the aisle to eternal bliss. 
How? How am I going to do it? 
“Minyoung~” Miyeon raced to me and she had her arms spread out, ready to embrace me. I embraced her and when she pulled back to look at me, a frown appeared on her face. 
The mark.
“Miyoung why-“ I cut her off. It’s now or never.
“Miyeon let’s go somewhere, I need to tell you something.” I dragged her away, giving her no chance to say goodbye to Kyung. *The faster she leaves him, the less it’ll hurt. I’m sorry Miyeon…* 
(Ukwon POV)
Now I am even more puzzled. Why did she run away from me? Did I do something again? As I was lost in my thoughts, Minyoung dragged Miyeon away somewhere. Seizing my chance, I asked Kyung something. 
“Ya Kyung why do girls lie?” 
“Lie? Who? Minyoung?”
“Yea…I’m not sure, I just get the feeling that she is lying to me about something…”
“I don't know hyung, but she must have her reasons. Judging by the looks of it, she doesn’t seem like someone who will lie without a valid reason.”
“Aish…!!! How am I going to trust her like this?”
His next question left me in a even more baffled state than I already was.
“Hyung, you love her don’t you?”
“Yes.” There wasn’t  a single hint of hesitation in my voice. I am sure now. I do love her.
“Then you should trust her. There cannot be love without trust. That’s what Miyeon taught me. I trust Miyeon.”
What on earth did he just say?
(Minyoung POV)
“Minyoung where are we going?” I sense impatience in her tone but I ignored it. I pulled her to a dark corridor where everyone hardly goes to and I led her behind a staircase where I know no one would find us here. The only ones who come here and janitors and they are on their lunch breaks now so no one would come here. I release her and told her with the most serious tone I can muster:
“Alright Miyeon listen to me carefully. You’re in danger.”
“What do you mean ‘danger’?” 
“People are going to harm you. Physically.”
“What? I don't get what you mean. Explain.” She folded her arm and waited for my explanation but I don't know how I’m going to explain it to her so I decided to show her instead. I untuck my blouse from my skirt and lift it up so that she can see the deep blue-black bruise forming right in the center of my stomach. It must have looked so ghastly that she gasped. 
“Who did this to you…” She stared at that thing in horror as I pulled down my blouse and tuck it back in neatly. 
“This, is going to happen to you.”
“Why? Who did this to you? I’m going to report them.”
“No don't, reporting them might make the situation already more grave than it already is. Besides, I don’t even have their names. You have to…” *Now or never, do it!*
“Leave Kyung.” 
Her answer felt like a punch in the chest. 
“No.” 
(Miyeon POV)
“No.” That was my answer to her question. A simple plain “no” but I knew it felt like I just dropped a bomb on Minyoung because her face told me so. 
“Why?”
It was simple. 
“I love Kyung. There is no way I will leave him. I will risk anything and everything to be with him. Nothing is ever going to break us apart. Not even you Minyoung my dearest best friend. You might not understand now because you have never been in love but maybe after you get together with Ukwon then you’ll understand my stand. I’m sorry, but there is no way I am going to agree.” 
Minyoung was staring into space after what I said and I just turned to my heels and walked off. I returned to the lockers and I found Kyung there with Ukwon. Before I left with Kyung, I told Ukwon:
“We’re going on a date today so could you take care of Minyoung for me and make sure she’s home safely?” 
“Sure.”
“Thank you.” I needed someone to look after her because I know she is greatly impacted by what I just said. 
(Minyoung POV)
Why?  Why wouldn’t you just leave him?
This thought ran through my head until I got back to my locker by trudging there. By the time I returned, the halls have been deserted except for one person: Ukwon
*He’s still waiting. Why?*
“Hi.” 
“Hi.” I picked up the bag that I had left on the floor just now and opened my locker to exchange my books. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I locked my locker and turned to look at him. He began in a monotone voice
“So do you wish to go anywhere?”
“No.”
“Then let’s go back home.”
“Ok.” *Even he’s ignoring me now.* On the way back to the dorm, there was silence between us, only the tread of our footsteps can be heard. When we reached the door, he said a curt “bye” which I replied with equal feelings. For the entire afternoon and night, I studied to the best of my ability and I made myself a simple lunch and dinner that comprises of baked macaroni and a sandwich. During dinner, I received a text from Miyeon saying that she’ll be on a date with Kyung so don't bother to wait for her. It reminded me of our conversation earlier on and I got so frustrated I offed my phone for good. Tonight, I don’t want any distractions. I need to clear my mind.  I studied till 9 and I couldn't take it anymore. My eyes were burning, my neck was sore from having to bent over books and my hands in pain from exerting too much force on the pen. I shut the books and stuffed them into my bag and collapsed in the bed. Too many “Why?”s were running through my head but yet no answer came to me. 
*I screwed up bad today.*
I can’t believe it too but I took Ukwon’s advice of sleeping early. 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Signing off,
diamond2504