Chances

~The Tough Life Of Being Your Love~

Hey guys! Sorry we took so long to get an update out. >< Chincha mianhae!*bows 90 degrees* I hope this chapter makes up for it! Do enjoy!:)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day, sunlight seeped through the windows and curtains, giving the entire room a warm, cosy feel. It warmed up the room and a small breeze blow through the window, causing the windows to flutter prettily like a butterfly. The sounds of birds chirping and the shuffling of students feet, together with the sounds of thousands of conversations, woke Minyoung up. Opening her eyes slowly, she was momentarily blinded by the strong sunrays that had now filled the entire room. Scanning her entire surroundings, she found in a room with white-washed wall with portraits of flowers instead of being greeted by the pastel purple and pink of the hostel you shared with Minyeon.

“Where in the world…-Ahhh!!!”  Minyoung had tried to turn to her left when she accidently applied to her injured back, thus causing her to cry out in pain. That had successfully woken up U-kwon whom immediately said

“Hey don’t move around! You’re injured!”

“What..-Where…-What are you doing here? And where am I?”

“You’re in the sick bay of our school and I’m here to take care of you.”

“Why am I here? *scoffs* you? Take care of me? Aren’t you suppose to be teasing me now? Go on, show me your new bag of tricks.”

“What, no Minyoung! I’m here to genuinely help you! I’m not here to tease you! Not now and not ever anymore!”

“Only a fool would believe you, and I’m no fool.”

(U-kwon POV)

I can’t believe it. I haven’t even explained myself and she’s already assuming that I’m here to . What in the world is she thinking? However callous I may seem to her, I wouldn’t tease anyone who’s sick, and what more when she means so much to me? Fine, if a simple explanation isn’t going to work, then I’ll have to do a long one.

“You don’t believe me do you? That I’m here to help you and not tease you anymore?”

She gazed up me, eyes eyeing me warily and suspiciously, caution written all over her face.

“Fine, then I’ll have to do it the long way.  Look, I’m sorry for everything, whatever  I’ve done before, whatever  hurt  I’ve caused you before. I’m really, really sorry and please believe me. I don’t wish to hurt you anymore. I really want to be here for you and help you in future. I know I’ve caused you a great deal of pain in the past but I promise you, you’ll never be hurt again.” *Not by me or anyone else anymore*

Her eyes softened for abit, but then they hardened again. Glaring at me, she said

“Do you think a simple apology like that will make up for the hurt you have caused me? Do you think it’ll erase all those painful memories and tormenting emotions? No it doesn’t! And no matter what you do in the future, I will never believe you!”

I swore I heard a loud crack. It was my heart. I stared back at her and she did the same, except that hers was filled with hatred while mine was filled with hurt. Did she really just say that? Or had I imagined it? But I had no time for my thoughts as the nurse came in.

“Mr Kim?”

“Y-Yes..?”

“ Lessons have already started so I suggest you better head for your first period now. You already missed class yesterday, I’m sure your teachers won't be happy if you missed class again.”

“Yes I’ll get going now.  Help me take care of Ms Lee would you?”

“Yes I assure you she’s in good hands.”

With that, I headed for the door and taking one last look at her, I left the room. She was looking everywhere, but at me.

(Minyoung POV)

When he apologized, I did soften abit but then my inner voice snapped me awake, telling me not to fall for his words and be smart. Memories of how he teased at me non-stop flashed through my mind and my hatred towards him showed through my eyes.  Once again, my inner voice appeared, this time in the form of words and I snapped at him. Oh no I’m not that stupid. I won’t fall for this, no I won’t. I saw the pain in him and then I felt sorry, wishing that I hadn’t said that but then again, he deserved it. *Pay back time* At the same time, I was hoping that my words would scare him, let him utterly give up at trying to make me forgive him because no matter how hard he tries, I never will. Over my dead body. I decided to stop thinking about what he said and ask the nurse instead.

“Erm Ms Song, why am I here?”

“Oh you were injured yesterday, “attacked” by some girls, fangirls of U-kwon I would presume.”

“Oh…how did I get here?”

“Mr Kim, he brought you here.”

*What the…*

“You know, Ms Lee, you shouldn’t be so hard on Mr Kim. Human to err you know? We all make mistakes.”

I didn’t know how to reply, so I just kept silent.

For the rest of the week, Minyoung stayed in the sick bay recovering from the wounds. The sick bay was her temporary room for the week. Days passed in a blur for her, as the medicine was always so strong that they knocked her out. But as the days passed, she could feel herself significantly getting better. Oh how she couldn't wait to get away from the sick bay, the white walls made her days colourless, staying in bed and breathing in medicine filled air made her sick. She badly needed to get out and stretch her legs. U-kwon would come daily but whenever he came, Minyoung would treat him as if he wasn’t there, completely shutting him out. During that week, Minyeon also told Minyoung about her dating Kyung when she visited her, which sent Minyoung into a frenzy. She couldn’t believe it. She was actually dating a guy which hurt her.

“What! Are you crazy? That guy hurt you and you’re dating him?”

“Minyoung, not all bad people will stay bad forever. Now I’m giving Kyung a chance. I can tell that U-kwon is making an effort to make it up to you. You should give him a chance too.”

“What,n…-“

“Think about what I said ok?”

Minyoung gave out a exasperated sigh and said nothing after that. She didn’t feel like arguing with Minyeon. She just wanted some peace to herself.

After Minyeon left, when Minyoung thought she could finally get some sleep, she heard the door click open.

Feeling frustrated, she said

“What now?”

Before she had the time to think about who could it be, the answer presented itself to her. It was U-kwon. She just rolled her eyes and ignored him.

“Minyoung…just give me a chance would you? Let me prove you wrong. All I ask for is one more chance.”

Minyoung eyes shot open and the words flashed through her mind.

“Human to err…”

“not all bad people will stay bad forever…You should give him a chance too. “

“just give me a chance…”

 

Finally opening , she said,

“Chanced need to be earned.” 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey lovelies, hope you like this chap and leave us some comments ok? We'll really like to know what you think of this story. :)

Signing off,

diamond2504