Off with a good start

~The Tough Life Of Being Your Love~

Hey guys!^^ Sorry for keeping you waiting for a month>< But now I'm back with a long chap(the longest I've ever done actually in all my history of being a writer) so I hope you enjoy!:) 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Ukwon POV)

Seeing Minyoung’s facial expression just before she closed the door, I guessed she wasn’t too happy with what I did today. While messing up my hair, I let out a small grunt of frustration. *I’ll do better tomorrow I promise.* With that, I left the premises of her dorm to head back to my place I shared with the Block B boys.

(Minyoung POV)

I closed my eyes, letting all the tire of today slip off. When I finally opened my eyes after a while, I found Miyeon right in front of me, her eyes staring right into mine with her faces just a few centimeters away from me. Taken aback, I immediately slid out of the small space that was trapping me while I shrieked at her

“Yah what was that for! Scaring me half to death?”

“No I was just seeing if your face showed any signs of happiness of being around Ukwon oppa.”

I rolled my eyes. “All that sweet romance you have is rotting your brain, hindering your ability to think logically. Why would I be happy around him?”

Miyeon smacked my arm. “Yah don't say that about romance ok, it doesn’t rot your brain. In fact, I’m beginning to think it’s good for me.” She then gave me a dreamy face that made me want to puke.

“Yea right.” I then gave her a merong as I threw a pillow at her while telling her to snap out of it. She did snap out of it and gave me a merong as she picked up the pillow and threw it back at me, which I caught with ease. She then sat down on her bed clutching onto her pillow and asked me, “ So how did your day go with him? Be honest.”

I continued dusting my pillow as I said, “Annoying. He kept following me around like I’m someone who needs help 24/7 which in fact, I don’t.”

“Yah don't you have anything good to say about him except for those negative thoughts?”

“What? You told me to be honest.”

She let out a sigh before continuing, “Ok fine, then tell me what did he do.”

“He sent me back to class and said some stupid things which now makes me the target of all the girls in class. During break, they kept interrogating me about him and why I was with him. Finally the day ended and seeing that he wasn’t there, I tried to make a getaway but I was stopped by him. I ran away, only to be caught by him; urge that annoying person. I then ignored him and went to all the places I need to go to such as the library and staff room to catch up on work. And he sent me back here and done.”

“That’s all?”

I nodded. “What else do you expect him to do? Cuddle me and protect me all the way?

“Yea something like that would be good.”

“Eww no! I wouldn’t want that!” I slammed my hand against my pillow while giving her a disgusted face.

“Come on Minyoung, you promised me you would give him a chance. Right now, you aren't. You’re still being nasty to him.” She gave me that serious yet pleading face.

“Ok, I promise I’ll be better to him next time alright?”

“Promise?”

“Promise.” I then walked off to take a shower because honestly speaking, I was abit flared up now. How can she expect to be all nice and sweet to a guy who hurt me so much in the past? I’m not saying that it is impossible for me to be nice to him but you need to at least give me some time to let go and start opening up. Such things require time to heal. I’m not like her, who can forgive and forget so easily. I’m sorry, but I don't have such a big heart.

I step into the cold water, hoping it’ll help me let off some steam and clear my head.

(Ukwon POV)

The next day, I decide to surprise Minyoung by appearing outside her dorm to pick her up for school. When she opened the door, I was more than happy to see her but on the other hand, she doesn't seem too eager to see me…She was about to close the door when I heard someone from inside say, “Why are you closing the door? Who’s that?” With a slightly reluctant tone, Minyoung replied, “Ukwon.” I heard some mad shuffling of feet inside and Miyeon’s head pop out of the doorway. She eyed me and Minyoung before announcing her departure.

“Then I’ll leave now. Bye guys! Oh…” She turned to whisper something to Minyoung to which Minyoung as a response, set her lips into a line. Miyeon then bounded out of the dorm while waving goodbye to Minyoung.

The awkwardness then set in. I decided to break the silence first.

“So shall we go now? Have you eaten breakfast yet? If you haven’t…I can eat with you...”

“I have already eaten.”

“Oh ok…then shall I send you to class? Oh wait, on second thoughts, can you let me see your timetable?” She fished around in her bag for hers while I fished for mine. She passed hers to mine and I found that we shared the same class for the whole day. That’s great, this means I can care for her for the entire day.

“Kaja.” I say in a soft tone. I put out my hand for her to hold onto but she only eyes it warily and walks away. I look at her and she isn't wearing a scowl on her face unlike yesterday so I guess we’re off with a good start? I’m really curious about what Miyeon said to Minyoung…

(Minyoung POV)

Ukwon offered his hand to me but I’m still not ready to be all nice to him so I just…well I did what I thought was the best course of action at that point in time. Which was walking away. I could hear his heavy footsteps dragging behind me as I walked on. Man, he must really be affected by my actions… A pang of guilt hit me, causing my face to scrunch up. I don’t wish to just directly reject him but neither do I want to take his hand…

When we stepped into class together, the class once again fell silent as all eyes fell on us. Trying my best to shake off the dozens of glaring eyes wishing to burn me alive, I went over to my seat and settled down. To my surprise and detest, Ukwon sat beside me. *Of all the vacant seats in this class!* I clenched my fist tight till my knuckles went white. The teacher came in and I braced myself for the hard day ahead.

During the first period, I kept yawning while trying my best to stay awake and pay attention to the lesson. *Just when I thought pulling late nighter will help me catch up…* I widen my eyes on purpose hoping that my eyelids will stay open. Finally after a torturous hour, the first period finally ended. Taking advantage of the break between now till the moment the next teacher comes in, I close my eyes and rest my head on the table. However, before I had the opportunity to do that, I was surrounded by every single girl in the class, all towering over me, staring daggers at me. My ears were then invaded by a bunch of high-pitched voices. Some of them were interrogating me like yesterday, asking why I was with Ukwon once again. Some were groping  holding onto Ukwon, holding onto his shirt and touching his face, asking him in their sugary voices to sit beside them. The sight of that made me want to puke but I had more pressing issues of my own. Such as dealing with some over obsessed fangirl… These girls kept snapping at me, their loud voice booming into my ear as they demanded answers from me. I closed my eyes, trying to tune out whatever they were saying. This caused my head to pound; I could feel the blood rushing to my head. I was just about to lose it when I heard Ukwon’s voice.

“Will you stop snapping at her? Can’t you see she’s already very worn out?” I turned to face Ukwon and found that he had successfully gotten rid of those bees girls from his side and was now getting rid of them for me too. Shock was registered on their faces as they stomped away angrily, of course not without shooting me a death glare first.

“Thanks…”

“No problem.” He gave me a smile and I returned to smile with a small one. Just then, the next teacher came in and I turn my focus back to the teacher and lesson. As hard as I tried to stay awake, my body just would not respond accordingly to my brain’s commands so halfway through the lesson, I seeked permission from the teacher to go to the washroom and I was excused.

I rushed to the washroom, not wanting to waste to much time. I rushed to the sink and dipped my head so I could spray my face with water to wake up. When I raised my head again, I saw the group of girls who attacked me at the lockers. Now I was wide awake. I saw them coming towards me and I turned around, bracing myself when I was roughly shoved by the shoulder towards the wall. My shoulder came into contact with the wall first followed by my head which caused pain to shoot through my entire upper back. I in a sharp breath as I turned my head away, only for it to be jerked back painfully so that I was facing the girl who was holding my shoulder.

“What are you doing with Ukwon oppa again!” She hissed at me

I remained silent. I didn’t do anything, so why do I own her an explanation?

“So you want to play games huh?” Her grip on my shoulder got firmer, her finger nails piercing my skin, sinking deeper into my flesh. Despite my resolution to not show any signs of weakness, a hiss of pain escaped my lips.

“TELL ME!” She hollered at me. I can’t possibly tell her it was because I wanted to give him a chance to make up for his past mistakes towards me that’s why he’s with me. That would only make thing worse. I remained silent. I’m not going to tell a lie, nor the truth. Seeing that she won't be getting the answer out of me, she decided to make me pay. Using her free hand, she slapped me across the face so hard till I fell to the floor and for the final touch, she knocked me hard in the stomach. I bit on my lip so hard that I drew blood. Before she left, she gave me a threat : “Take this as last warning . You better get away from Ukwon oppa and ask your ty little friend to lay off Kyung too. Else…I’ll not be responsible to what happens to the both of you.” She crouched down to my level so she was looking at me straight in the eye, delivering the final blow. With that, she left, saying “Bunch of ” to me.

Due to the great pain the overwhelmed me, I lay there for some time, recovering from the hard kick in the stomach. Finally after some time, I stood up, washing the blood of my lips with the water and rubbing some onto my face, hoping to make the slap mark less obvious. Wiping the water off my face, I left for the classroom. I slipped in through the back door and settled into my seat silently. When Ukwon turned to face me, his widened and mine did too, telling him not to make a single sound.

Silently, he whispered, “What happened to your face?”

“I was slapping myself awake when I accidently used to much force.” I lied smoothly.

“Pabo.” He chuckled at me and turned back to face the teacher.

I didn't know why I lied. I guess it was because I didn’t want to worry him, but why would I be bothered abput what he feels? 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Signing off,

diamond2504