Looking After

Married to a JERK

Author's POV:

 

Late night around 1 am, Taeyeon sat in the living room with some books with her. She was busy going through all those books, trying to figure out new recipes, mixing with two different kind of dishes.

 

Its rare to see Taeyeon still wide awake at this time. She often went to bed before the clock strikes 12, only that tonight she need to stay up late.

 

She's an owl for tonight.

 

----------

 

At that time around, Kris came back from work. Unlocking the door, he enter and placed the shoe on the side. It was dark but since the living room's light was bright, he could see the path.

 

He lifted his eyebrow, confused on why does the room lighted up.

 

He tiptoed, peeking in, again he lifted his eyebrow, Taeyeon was on the couch, flipping the pages of the cook book.

 

'Why is she still awake?' he thought to himself, but decides to just leave her be, going upstairs and went to bed.

 

Taeyeon keep on staying awake, going through all those.

 

----------

 

When the day turns to morning, some maids find Taeyeon still in the living room, the weirdest part is that she's awake. But having a small panda eyes.

 

Taeyeon didn't go to asleep at all last night, just looking at the coffee table infront of her, you could tell.

 

5 mugs of coffee, all empty. Some sandwiches that she made around 5 am as her breakfast. "Taeyeon ssi..what are you doing in here early morning, miss?" one of the maid went in to ask. Finding their mistress eyes were baggy, shocked her.

 

"I was doing some research. Mianhae. Do you want to do some clean up? I can leave. Since..." she checked her watch and gasped. "Omo, its time for the restaurant to operate! I'll be going now." Taeyeon stood and quickly exited the living room.

 

Kris just came down the stairs and bumping with her. "Yah! Can't you see I'm walking here?!" Kris yells.

 

--------

 

Taeyeon glance to him and bows, "Sorry. I didn't see you." and she went upstairs.

 

Much to his suprised, he couldn't say anything else after what he just saw. Her eyes were really bad. It looks like a panda. He thought back, 'She didn't go to sleep?'

 

--------

 

"Yo, Taeng! Whats with those eyes? Did you go crying and couldn't sleep or did he punch you or something?" one of her really closed friend came that afternoon, and asked her when she sees her eyes.

 

Hyoyeon was her name, she check her friend's eyes one by one. "Aniya~ I was awake the whole night. Can't sleep. He didn't do anything to me, and how can it look like I was punched by him?" she shrugs, grabbing the glasses from Tiffany's head and wore it to hide her eyes.

 

"Thats not gonna fix anything Taeng. Your crew already knew about it and now you're gonna hide it?" Jessica, another of her friend said, slicing her cake with the fork and shove it into .

 

Taeyeon have 3 friends, which is Jessica, Tiffany and Hyoyeon. Her friends since middle school. She can share any secrets, problems with them.

 

--------

 

Now skipping to night time. Kris came home early.

 

This was his first time, he even tell his maids, all that he's gonna sleep early. But again before he walk upstairs, he saw her in the living room , like yesterday with the books, and now her laptop. Somewhat, he became curious about her.

 

From last night till now, Taeyeon hadn't had any shut eyes. Her black eyes is becaming worser than this morning. If she continues, those black eyes will be very visible to all the publics.

 

--------

 

The maids have been telling her to stop and go to sleep, but refused and this was her first time refusing any of the maids offers.

 

Clock strikes 2 in the morning and Kris suddenly woke up. He felt thirsty and decided to go to the kitchen, getting himself a glass of cold water.

 

He yawns while he made his way down the stairs, as he did so, his eyes caught the living room still light up brightly.

 

He went to check it out and see Taeyeon still up. "She's not sleeping?" he questioned himself, eyeing her still before he went to the kitchen, drinking a glass of water and again went and see her.

 

Taeyeon was typing something with her laptop, she even yawns few times, thinking she might fell asleep, Taeyeon grab her cup of coffee and drank it, energized she continue typing.

 

She even glanced at the books on her sides and typing. She stops once she couldn't think of a words, after few seconds she continue.

 

--------

 

Kris leaned on the door, look straight at her. Thinking what is it that made her to be awake for two days straight. He scoffed lightly, thinking its non of his business to even worried about her, he went back to sleep. "Its her problem, I don't care. She can do whatever she like with her life." he stated.

 

--------

 

This goes on until Taeyeon falls ill. 4 days, she have been awake the whole day and night, without a littel momemt of sleeping.

 

One of the maid found her faint or as she thought she was asleep in the living room.

 

Then another maid came and help, calling the restaurant of her mistress, telling them about her conditions.

 

Kris didn't know since he left much more earlier today, he did see Taeyeon in the living room, but that moment, she was still awake before she passed out.

 

--------

 

"Should we call the master?" the maids bickered with each other. Worried about their mistress conditions. Taeyeon was gasping, she looks like having a shortness of breath, sweating heavily and her body temperature was really high.

 

"We should, at least the master needs to know even if he didn't care about her." then one of them went out of Taeyeon's room and made a phone call.

 

--------

 

Kris was in his father's company, attending a huge important meeting. He looks bored, but carefully he listens to all that blaberring. His attentions was turned away when his phone vibrates in his pockets.

 

"Hmm.." he answered, not minding the meeting, and some eyes looking at him.

 

He widen his eyes on what he listened to, from the caller. "Bwo!?"

 

-------

 

10 minutes later, Kris bursted into her room, finding that 4 maids and Taeyeon on the bed. The maids stood up, quickly bowed to him.

 

And Taeyeon was gasping like before. Her bed was soaked because of her sweating heavily.

 

After Kris know of her conditions, he stopped the meeting and left. All of the corporate people were puzzled. He bailed out just like that, not thinking about anything else except for his now sick wife. Although he could just ignore her, but he didn't.

 

"Mr Wu, she's down into a high fever. I found her unconscious earlier this morning. We carried her here, and now trying to reduce her temperature but nothing seems to work." one of the maid explained of her conditions. Her tone of voice was sound so worried.

 

"Did you check her temperature?" he asked, looking at the maid coldly. "N-no sir. But her temperature is just not normal. I'm---I'm sorry for not checking." she apologized before he scold her.

 

He sent her away, telling the maid to get the thermometre and more ice pack. Taking off his coat and blazer, he throws them to the single sofa in her room and headed towards her.

 

--------

 

Kris sat beside her, telling the maid to go get him some medication. Buy one if they couldn't find them here, and he took the cold towel from her.

 

When they were left alone, Kris examined her eyes, it was black. Very, and she looks like a panda now. But that does not worried him, he worries of her conditions.

 

Gasping and highly in fever. "Tsk, how can they still cover her with blanket when she's having fever." he whined, throwing away the blanket off of her bed. Kris soaked the towel and wipe all the sweats on her.

 

Gently, he wipe it away. He even use his back of hand to feel her temperature. "Shes radiating too much of heat." he claimed, again wiping her.

 

Kris is not the type that care for people, even if he or she is his own family.

 

But Taeyeon somewhat made him that way, he turned into a caring person while she was sick, now.

 

--------

 

His attitude that day suprised them all. The whole maids, butlers, of Wu was really suprised. They often smile, grinning when they see how he care about her and never leave her side that day.

 

They pray that he'll changed and love the mistress in real.

 

For Kris, even he himself kept on questioning why did he care about her so much. He even cancelled the meeting which is extremely stupid to do so, but he just did.

 

He does not love her, and he have been reminding himself that he will not ever open his heart to her, never. But this, this made him rethink back on what he said.

 

--------

 

After sometimes, he fell asleep besides her. His hand holds the towel, and another hand was on her forehead.

 

Why did his hand were there, because he was her hair, for the first time! The first time he lay or touch his wife after they get married.

 

Taeyeon's temperature came down a little, and thats why she could wake up. She flutter her eyes, and gazed on the ceiling thinking where she might have be. Only her room.

 

Looking around, she wanted to wake up but somthing stops her.

 

Finding Kris sleeping on the floor, head resting on her bed, one hand holding a towel and another is actually on her forehead made Taeyeon frozen up. Suprised that he was in her room and actually sleeping there.

 

She try to recall, and realized that she actually fall sick yesterday. She clasped her hand, but the sound of that made Kris stirred in his sleep, but he didn't wake up. "So he was looking after me..The whole night?" Taeyeon mutter slowly, then covered , shocked and smile. "Wah..That is so nice, but why did he care so much about me being sick? He never look at me or even trying to ask whether I'm fine or not." she questioned.

 

But who cares, Taeyeon actually happy about it. She take this opputunity to touch him, and slowly she his hair, gently not trying to wake him up. She giggles, "So soft, thank you for looking after me.." she whisper.

 

The cold giant actually have that warm heart to look after his wife.

 

--------

 

To be continued.....

 

Another update for this FF :D

Umm, dunno if this is actually so fast for him to change...

Tell me guys, was it too fast? Or is it just nice for him to start changing?

Hmm, do tell me ^^

Don't forget to comment !! Hehehe

Sorry for any typos