First Day Part 2 - Recess

Hard to Admit

 

 

Yunho, Jaejoong and Yesung were walking to the cafeteria when suddenly Yunho stopped. He put his hands on his stomach then grabbing it. It looked like he was in a lot of pain.

"What's wrong with you? You okay?" Jaejoong asked looking worried.

"I'm okay, I think I need to go to the toilet, my stomach feels uneasy," Yunho said still holding onto his stomach.

"Alright, then. But we're going first," Yesung said. His stomach wasn't feeling good either. That's because he's hungry.

"You guys go ahead," Yunho said then quickly went to find the toilet.

----------------------------------------------------

Yunho's POV

Ah, now that's better. I washed my hands and looked into the mirror. Then, the thought of that girl flashed back to me. How she saved me from embarassment then her figure in the bathroom from across the bathroom window in my dorm. She's the same age as me, 13 but she had an amazing body figure. Someone could have mistaken her being 16 already. She's matured fast. Wait...

What the hell am I thinking?

It's normal for boys to think about this, right? I've gone through puberty too!

No! I can't think about that! Girls! Why do they have to be such a nuisance?

I shook my head vigourously then headed for the cafeteria. 

On my way, I passed class 1-B, Yesung's classroom. Nobody was there, or so I thought.

Then I saw her, the girl that's been on my mind ever since I stepped foot in this school. She was sitting way at the back, looking out the window. Unlike everyone else, she didn't go eat at the cafeteria. It looked like something was on her mind. Her long black hair resting on her shoulders with a purple hairband on her head. I didn't notice it but I was staring at her. My head was saying for me to quickly go to the cafeteria but I wasn't using my head. My heart was telling me to go to her. 

Like a miracle, my legs were walking up to her. Surprisingly she turned around. Then our eyes met.

"Erm..." I tried to say something but words didn't come out.

Then her eyes widened. "Ah, I remember you! You're that kid who mistaken the-" I didn't notice that I automatically covered . Some strange feeling appeared in me. I snapped out of it when she pulled my hand from . It felt like she was kissing my hand for some reason. I felt my hand got hot.

"What the hell was that for?" She snapped in front of me. Only then the sweet feeling in me disappeared.

"I had to stop you from spilling that incident!" I got mad at her. She frowned.

"Oh, I'm sorry! You surprised me covering your hand on my mouth all of a sudden," She said smiling. Then I felt warm again. Does she have two personalities?

I bowed my head. " I need to say something to you," I said to her. She looked confused. I've finally remembered what I wanted to say if I saw her.

"What is it?"

"About that incident yesterday, did you tell anyone about it?" I put on a serious look on my face. I needed her to get scared anyway. Too bad it didn't work.

"Of course I did, I couldn't hold in the laughter myself so I had to share it with someone," She said while chuckling. 

I couldn't believe it. My face felt hot. I was embarassed and afraid that someone would know.  I tried hard to hold my anger and frustration. I didn't want her to notice. I need to keep cool. Man, girls are always like this! Such huge blabbermouths!

But it looked like she could see through me. My acting didn't work.

"Calm down, I know what you're thinking," she said giggling. Is she fooling around with me?

"I didn't tell anyone. It's only my first day, you'd think I already have a friend to talk to and share my thoughts? Well, in this case it's not thoughts but I'm not someone who likes to embarass someone else just because I think it's funny," she explained to me. She looked serious.  I didn't want to believe her. Girls. You can't really believe them.

But in someway I did believe her. From the look of her eyes, I could sense her truthfulness. 

"Whatever, just make sure you don't tell anyone otherwise I'm going to find you," I said in a serious tone.

"And how are you going to find me again? You don't even know my name. Come to think of it I don't know yours either," she looked stupid and innocent. Just now she looked like an evil genius. She fidgeted with her fingers.

I was curious of her name too. But I didn't want to look like I was interested, which I was.

"So then tell me your name. And it'll be easier to track you down," I said. 

"Please...tell you what, I'll tell you my name and the reason is not because I want you to track me down easily...I'll tell you so that you can get to know the students here better. Same with me. I want to get to know the students here better," she said. Does she know that I'm trying to hide the reason why I'm asking for her name? Because I was interested?

"Fine then. Your name?" I asked her.

"What kind of introducing is that? People who introduce themselves usually say their name first. You seriously need to be a bit respectful. How did you even introduce yourself in class?" She asked me back. Is she attacking me with words?

"My name is Jung Yunho. Nice to meet you," I gave up. I held out my hand. 

"I'm Kwon Yuri, pleasure meeting you too," She said. She didn't shake my hand though. I don't know if I was disappointed or angry.

"Now, what kind of introducing is that? Someone reaches out their hand you have to shake it. Aren't you being a little disrespectful?" I attacked her back.

"Do I need to respect you?" She asked me then smirked. I clenched my left hand. My right hand was still in it's position, wanting to shake hands with this girl named Kwon Yuri.

"Just chill, I was joking. You can't take a joke can you?" Then she shook my hand. I sort of felt happy shaking her hand. I think she noticed I was getting angry then she was scared. Haha. Was I angry? 

Yes. Because she disrespected me. That's right. 

Because she disrespected me.

Because she disrespected me.

 

Or was it because I wanted to hold her hand?

 

I didn't notice it but I was still holding her hand pretty tight till she said "Ok you can let go now. We're done shaking already, is it your first time shaking hands with someone? Haha.."

"Oh, sorry," I quickly let go of her hands. 

I heard footsteps and it looked like recess was almost over.

"I'll go now. And..." 

"And what?" She asked.

"Thanks for not blurting out that incident, Yuri-shi," I thanked her. I was really relieved that she didn't say anything. Maybe she's not so bad afterall...

 

NO. Girls will be girls. Girls are all the same.

 

"No problem. You should go now. Bye," she said then looked down at her book. 

"Yeah, bye." I said then quickly disappeared from the classroom.

--------------------------------------------------

Yuri's POV

"Ok, you can let go now. We're done shaking already, is it your first time shaking hands with someone? Haha..." I laughed nervously. What's wrong with this guy? He does know that shaking hands doesn't take 1 minute. Heck, it's not even 30 seconds! My hands felt warm just holding his hands. I can't believe I started a fight with him just because of an introduction. Did I want to know his name that badly?

"Yuri-ah! Look what I've brought!" The boy next to me named Yesung shouted all of a sudden. I quickly shook my head and tried to forget what happened with that Yunho guy just now.

"What is it?" I asked him annoyed.

"I've brought you some food. Since you didn't eat just now, I thought I should treat you some food myself," Yesung said. It didn't look that delicious but I was touched. Then, out of nowhere he complimented himself, " I know what you're thinking. Yes, I am a good guy aren't I?"

I wanted to taste the food and thank him but the feeling of being touched disappeared as soon as he complimented himself.

"No thanks. You should just eat it yourself." I told him. 

"But-"

"I didn't go to the cafeteria because I didn't feel hungry and my stomach is a bit uneasy, okay?" I got mad at him.

"Uh, okay then," he had a disappointed face. I felt bad but it was his fault. I don't like people thinking that they are so good. Maybe he was just joking around. If he was, I can't take jokes either, can I? I thought of that Yunho kid.

But I don't want him to think I feel sorry for him. So I decided not to take his food.

After that, the teacher came in class for our next subject. He didn't talk to me all day. Is he disappointed because of me? We just met for god sakes! He could just eat it himself. 

Ah, who cares?

After a few periods school finally ended. I exited class quickly. Then I met up with Yoona and Seohyun.

"So how was the first day? Anything fun happen?" Yoona asked me. She sounded like a mother.

"Nothing really. It was normal," I answered. Should I tell her what happened?

------------------------------------------------------

Yesung walked out of class. He felt really disappointed that Yuri didn't eat the food that he offered. 

I was just trying to be friendly...Maybe she hates me. Even when I talk to her a lot in class she doesn't look at me or pay attention. I'll make sure to be friends with her tomorrow! He thought to himself with his fist in the air.

"Woah, what's gotten in to you? You look more energized than usual!" Jaejoong told him. He felt it weird that his childhood friend was holding his fist in the air all of a sudden. What's he thinking?

"Oh, you guys. Nothing. Well, something. I'll tell you later," Yesung said.

Yunho had a blank expression. "Let's go," he said to them then started walking without turning back.

"Hey, wait for us!" Jaejoong said. They both hurried to catch up to Yunho that's already further away. 

"She already left..." Yunho muttered to himself.

-----------------------------------------------

A/N I think I didn't describe this chapter properly. Sorry, my first time writing!

So, what did you think? Boring? Exciting? This story has slow development I must say. Well, they can't suddenly fall in love. Besides they're only 13. 

Just wait a little longer!

comments please!!!