Yunho meets Grandpa

Hard to Admit

 

Yuri's grandpa eyed him curiously. "So, why were you out hugging my granddaughter in front of my house?"

Yunho was startled. "Er...that was because..."

 

“Tea is ready!” Yuri exclaimed making Yunho jump a little. “With biscuits! Sorry I’m late.”

Yuri’s grandpa glared at her, and because of her oblivious character, she only made a what-did-I-do-wrong face.

She placed the tray on the coffee table, and politely poured the tea in front of Yunho.

Grandpa shook his head. “No you weren’t. You were right on time,” he glanced at Yunho then smiled. Yunho interpreted the meaning.

“Um, was I interrupting?” She asked innocently.

Grandpa shook his head again. “Come sit down with us.” He patted the spot next to him.

Yuri plaed the tray of tea and biscuits on the coffee table then sat beside her grandpa. He pulled Yuri closer and put his arms around Yuri. Yuri smiled, feeling comfortable.

“So, what’s your name again?” Grandpa asked the boy infront of him.

“Yunho. Jung Yunho.” He held out his hands and the grandpa reached for it.  They shook hands.

“So, Yunho...” Grandpa began. “What relationship do you have with my granddaughter? You must be something special if she were to bring you to my house.”

Yunho was speechless.  He didn’t have an answer to that question. He wasn’t sure of his relationship with Yuri either. Were they friends? They’re not even classmates.

“He’s just a school mate. We’re also in the same club so..er..yeah…” Yuri spoke, wasn’t really sure of how to answer. That was it really. She didn’t really have any connection with Yunho besides that they were in the same club. Dance club that is.

Grandpa raised his eyebrows. “Really? You should be someone special of some sort. This is the first time you brought a school friend here, Yuri.” He looked at Yuri who was fidgeting with her fingers.

“Ah, well…it’s the first time someone needed a place to stay. Nothing special..haha…” Yuri laughed awkwardly.

Grandpa is like investigating me,Yuri thought.

Grandpa smiled. “I’m glad you have a friend in that school, Yuri.”

Yuri’s grandpa never had the chance to meet Yuri’s friends. Mainly because Yuri doesn’t have friends to begin with.

Yeah…Yoona is the first friend ever grandpa…I’m happy.

Yunho silenced. He didn’t really know what to say at times like this.

“So Yunho, how long will you be staying here?” Yuri’s grandpa asked. Somehow, he was beginning to like this Yunho kid.

“I don’t really want to trouble anyone. If you allow me to stay for one night, then I will. If you’re troubled, then I can find another place to stay.”

Yuri’s grandpa laughed. “No, silly boy. I’m worried about what your parents might say. You can stay for how long you want, I don’t mind.” Grandpa smiled. He wanted to see more of this Yunho. “It’d make Yuri happier.”

That last sentence made Yuri choke on her biscuits and Yunho widen his eyes. Good thing he already swallowed the tea in his mouth or he would’ve spat it right at Grandpa’s face.

 

What does he mean by that? Yunho thought.

 

Grandpa panicked. “Yuri-ah! Are you okay?” He patted Yuri’s back but Yuri was still choking. “I’ll go get some water. Yunho, help her.”

“Eh?”

 

Then Grandpa left for the kitchen.

“Aish~girls!” Yunho walked to the seat next to Yuri. Yuri was still choking while knocking on her chest a couple of times. Yunho patted her back.

“How much biscuits did you stuff in your mouth in just one go?” He scolded Yuri.

 

 

 

Yuri stopped choking after trying to swallow the three biscuits she tried to stuffed during Yunho’s conversation with her grandpa. But she was still coughing. Yunho still had his right hand around her waist and the other hand on her back.

Grandpa who already had the water in his hands smiled at both of them. Yunho was still scolding Yuri. He walked to them and gave the water to Yunho. “Here.”

Yunho gave the water to Yuri and their hands touched. Her soft hands brushed on his as she accepted the water.

Yunho froze for a moment while Yuri drank the water.

“I’ll be right back.” Her grandpa left the two of them then entered his room.

He looks caring, he thought. Grandpa wanted to leave the two of them for a bit.

Yuri felt more relieved after drinking the water. “Ah~”

Yunho continued staring her. Their faces were very close.

“Ah, that was nice.” Yuri smiled to herself then noticed Yunho’s arms were still around her. Yunho still froze.

“Um, you can let go now.” She coughed a bit then continued, “I’m fine now.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Let. Go. “

“Oh, sorry.” He apologized trying to hide his face, feeling flushed. Then he let go and shifted his body further from Yuri.

“It’s okay. I should be sorry for troubling you and Grandpa. Thanks.” She smiled at him, oblivious of how nervous Yunho was right now.

 

“Whatever. You really are trouble.” He walked back to his seat and took another sip of tea. Yuri rolled her eyes but still felt happy.

Grandpa who was watching Yunho’s every move, smiled. He noticed Yunho’s reaction when he faced away from Yuri. And he had the strangest feeling that Yunho might…just maybe…

“Dear God, is he the person the happiness you sent for my granddaughter?” He wondered.

 

Thank you, Yunho.

 

 

                                                                 *********

 

 

Night was drawing near, and Yuri and Yunho didn’t even try to talk to eachother. She was too busy with her grandpa.

I’m a guest but she isn’t even treating me like one, Yunho mumbled.

Yuri walked over to Yunho who was sitting doing nothing on the sofa.

“Yunho, dinner is ready.”

Talking about dinner, his stomach growled all of a sudden, making Yuri suddenly burst in laughter. “Just hurry,” she said, giggling.

Yunho felt a bit embarrassed but ignored her. He walked to the dinner table. It wasn’t much but it was still enough to make him drool. When he finally snapped out of it, he asked, “You made all of this?”

“Yeah, why?”

 

“Nothing.”

 For a 13 year old, she’s pretty good with housework. Well, I haven’t tasted it yet.

“Yunho, please sit there.” Yuri’s grandpa showed him the seat next to Yuri. Yunho who had no idea what Yuri’s grandpa was trying to do just followed what he said.

After a few minutes of silence due to eating, Grandpa decided to break the silence. “So Yuri, how was the exams?” He began.

Yuri paused from eating and looked up at her grandpa. If it wasn’t her mom, it would be her grandpa to ask her how things were going at school like exams etc. She truly loved and appreciated her grandpa. But she never forgot that one day, Grandpa will leave her. She just wasn’t ready yet for that day to come.

“It was good, Grandpa. I did pretty well,” she replied.

“What about you, Yunho?”

 

“Good.” He said shortly. Yunho wasn’t really proud of his results.

The fact that he lost to a girl named Seo Joohyun didn’t make him happy one bit. It would’ve been okay if he lost to a guy but a girl? He truly disliked girls and Yuri was no exception.

 

That’s what he thought.

 

“I think I’m going to bed early, we have a lot to do tomorrow morning, right Grandpa?” Yuri glanced over to Yunho. Did he forget?

Grandpa nodded. 

 

                                                                           ****

 

 

I couldn’t sleep that night. I still found it hard to believe that I’m staying over some strangers’ house. It was her offer though. I didn’t know why I accepted her offer. I could’ve easily turned her down. But then again, I guess it’s better than trying to find a hotel in a village like this.

I tossed and the spare bed in the guest room, trying to find a comfortable position while the crickets were singing outside but my eyes were still not cooperating with me. I was still wide awake despite the fact the journey here was tiring. I felt like I needed some air. My head was messed up thinking about my life at home.

 

Dad, I’m sorry…I’m too young to think about you and your problems.

 

I pushed the covers of the bed and exited the guest room. I entered the living room and headed for the front door. As I was about to open it, a beautiful singing voice crept in my ears. I didn’t open the doors just yet. I wanted to hear her voice more. I peeped outside and a beautiful girl with long black hair was sitting on the swing, looked like it was mumbling something while her eyes were staring deep into I don’t know what.

Her voice, it wasn’t what I call strong vocals from some trainees in my fathers’ company, but it still made me want to listen to her more. Her voice was a bit husky but it was still wonderful to hear to.

 

Maeumi yeppeun sarami dwuilgeyo 
Nameul meonjeo saenggak haneun saram dwuilgeyo
Eommaui sarangui baraemdeul eul jikyeogalgeyo
Naui ggumeul hamkke nanudeon
Nae meoril bitgyeojudeon eomma ga saenggakna

 

I didn’t realize that I already exited the house and stood in front of the door at the front porch. I almost fell asleep by the door but immediately woke up after hearing her crying voice. I was a bit worried though I had no idea why.

I looked at her and to my surprise; she had her eyes on mine too. Her eyes were wide, full of sadness, full of tears and I sensed pain.

 

Yuri, what’s wrong with you?

 

                                                                            **********

A/N : So I'm not highlighting my story now since I got the feeling it might be annoying lol. And so sorry for the long wait. I was suppose to update this fic first since it's my first one but I was focused on my other fics ><

you guys can check out my other fics if you want! 3 of them including this one are YunRi lol. please....*puppy dog eyes*

I had a hard time thinking of the plot so I wasn't energized in updating this fic. but now I think it's clear now ^^ also I wanted to update so badly before but the internet in my house the past few days! i'm wondering how long it's gonna last now.

I apologize to all my readers and subcribers especially @ilovekownyuri since you've been waiting for an update. thanks to you I became more eager to update a chapter. so I thank all my readers, subscribers and commentors!

Have you guys watched SBS Gayo Daejun?? when will my dream of a YunhoXYuri dance off come true??? T_T

Well, at least I got to see Changmin and Taeyeon scream their lungs out lol. Changmin's like 187cm and Taeyeon is like 159cm lol. at least their voices matched well XD

enough of my spazzing. comment and subscribe please!! LOVE U GUYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! heart

 

7:18AM 30/12/2011