The Divorce

Hard to Admit

 

 

I was so glad to be leaving this school! This school didn't bring me a lot of memories anyway. I quickly found my bike because a lot of people already left so I didn't have trouble finding my bike. I opened the locks and got on my bike then I was on my way home.

The ride from school to my house was like half an hour. My mom insisted on taking me to school herself but I didn't want to be a burden. She was happy I could take care of myself. Sometimes she would worry especially when it rained. I came home soaking wet the other day then I got a fever. She forbid me to go to school but I said I was fine. My mom was really caring. Unlike my dad. I have the feeling both of them are hiding something from me. I just don't know what. While I was pedalling my bike I thought of that particular day....

FLASHBACK

I was on my way home from school after a tiring day. My mathematics teacher gave the class tons of homework. And those that didn't finish the work in class got extra homework. I was one of those students who just can't understand Maths. It was my weakest link. I wouldn't say I was great in all the other subjects but at least I was doing well not like Maths. I don't fail in that subject but I'm really slow at calculating. The only subject I would say I'm a pro I guess is English. Well, not really a pro but that's what Jessica compliments me and one reason why people don't like me. English is considered a hard subject here. And I'm that Mathematics' teacher's target. Ughh~ I hate him.

Anyways, as I was stepping on my front doorstep I saw my parents through the window. It looked like they were having a serious conversation. I opened the door soundly so that they wouldn't hear me. And they didn't.

 I passed the living room and decided to listen to their conversation. I was really curious. So I hid behind the wall and started listening.

"I don't want to do this," I heard my mom say. Do what?

"Look, it's better for the both of us and Yuri," my father replied.

"It's better for Yuri? Are you out of your mind? She's only 12, she won't be able to accept this!" My mom started shouting.

"Well, what else are we suppose to do? We can't keep pretending forever!"

"Pretending, you say? So you really don't love me anymore?" My mom sounded like she was gonna cry.

"That's not what I'm saying, I just think she needs to know about this, she's smart, she's gonna figure out anyway," my father sounded stern.

 

 

"Figure out what?"

 

 

My mom and dad turned around. I was able to read their eyes. They were shocked. Really shocked. I hope they can read my eyes too, because I want them to know that I'm...

 

Confused.

What's going on?

"Sweetie, your back," my mom said. It sounded like she was covering up her nervousness. "How was school?" It looked like she forced a smile too.

"It was normal, I got a lot of homework too," I answered. 

"Oh, really? Then you should go upstairs and finish your homework quickly," My father said while holding my hand guiding me upstairs.

I tried to stop him from dragging me upstairs but then I thought I should just ask him another day since the aura felt so tense.

END OF FLASHBACK

Suddenly I had some sort of bad feeling. Could what my ex-boyfriend say was true? Were they planning a divorce? I was scared. I pedalled faster, I wanted to ask them.

When I got closer to my house, I heard a really loud crash. It sounded like glass. I ran to the doorstep then suddenly my dad opened the door and stormed out. Did he even notice I was right here?

I heard my mom crying. What the hell is going on?

I got angry. This spells my dad all over.

"Appa, where are you going?"  I held tight onto his shirt trying to stop him. 

"LET GO OF ME!" My dad shouted and to my surprise he pushed me down onto the ground. 

It hurt. Badly. Not my elbow and knees that were bleeding because of the harsh push from my dad but my heart. 

My dad left with the car, the sound of the engine hurted my ears. Then, he drove away. It all happened too fast.

"APPA!!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Yuri! Are you okay?" My mom rushed over to me. Her eyes were red. Looked like she was crying her eyes out. She held me in her arms. Trying to comfort me.

"Omma! Is appa leaving us! Is he?" I asked my mom. In my heart I was praying that she would say no.

"I'm sorry Yuri-ah, appa is leaving us," my mom stopped trying to catch a breath. She was sniffing then continued, "He won't be coming back anymore," She tried to hold in her tears but when she saw me burst in tears, she cried with me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

I tried to make it sad as possible so that I could cry too...unfortunately it didn't. 

Sorry with all the sad events. Please continue reading!