Dance Auditions

Hard to Admit

 

 

Yoona, Yuri and Seohyun were eating on the same table silently when Yuri suddenly popped out a question. She forgot to ask her earlier.

"Em, Yoona...what club did you sign up for?" She asked. Yuri was hoping that they would be in the same club. Yoona was slurping her spaghetti but then stopped and gulped it down before she answered Yuri's question. 

Yoona smiled. "I picked a lot. But if you're talking about the ones that marked red, I'm going to try out for the cheerleader's team," she smiled happily. But then Yoona could see Yuri's face turn slightly sad. "Why?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to be in the same club with you," Yuri replied honestly. Seohyun rolled her eyes although Yuri and Yoona didn't see it.

"Which club are you in?" Yoona asked while sipping her orange juice.

"Not sure yet, but I'm trying out for the dance club,"

"You are? Sweet. Me too!"

"But you didn't say anything just now."

"That's cause I wasn't sure that I'll get in but cheerleading? I think I have a chance," Yoona said. "So lets go to the audition together this afternoon."

"Ofcourse! Em...what about you Seohyun? Which club did you sign up for?" Yuri didn't want Seohyun to be left out in the conversation. She was really quiet. And I thought I was unfriendly, Yuri thought.

"Piano."She answered shortly.

"Wow! You must be amazing with the piano. Just that?"

"Choir club too. But those are the ones that were marked red. I joined the book club." Seohyun said while wiping with a napkin.

"Maybe if I finish the audition quickly I can see you in the piano auditions. Can I?" Yuri asked politely. She really wanted to be friends with Seohyun but somehow Seohyun won't let her.

"Ofcourse you can. We can go see Seohyun together after our auditions," Yoona said then glanced at Seohyun. "We can, can't we?"

"Suit yourselves," Seohyun said while shrugging her shoulders then she picked up her food tray then left for the dorm. 

Yuri sighed. "She hates me, right?"

"Aww..don't say that. She has a hard time to cope with people. Just wait," Yoona said. 

Yuri looked at her. It looks as if Yoona is the only one that understands Seohyun. They must've been friends for a long time. I wonder what really happened, Yuri thought.

After eating they both went to the dorm. 

---------

"So Yuri, anything unusual happen in school today?"

Yuri continued folding her clothes. "Nothing, why?" She wasn't ready to tell Yoona about what happened. You know, the fact that she needs to be impressive in the auditions so that Yunho doesn't make fun of her. Will he do that?

"Well, you know, I overheard some girls from my class saying they saw you eating with some boy during recess. Is this why you don't want to go recess with us?" Yoona smile evilly. Like a gotcha! smile.

"It's true I was eating with him but that wasn't the reason why I'm not going recess with you, so don't think of other things weird," Yuri kept her cool. Seohyun was busy reading a novel before waiting to go to auditions. They were resting in their dorms before going to the auditions.

"Oh, well I heard that the boy was cute. You should introduce him to me," Yoona said smiling.

"Why, you want him?"

"Are you kidding me? I just want to be friends that's all. It seems like he's really friendly with you. I can tell you're not friendly when it comes to boys, even though I just knew you two days ago. Haha!" Yoona laughed. She's good, Yuri thought. Yoona was able to see Yuri's personality easily. Was it that obvious that she didn't like boys?

"I guess you'll be able to see him at the dance auditions. He says he'll be there," Yuri said.

"Alright then. Seohyun, wanna come too?" Yoona asked. She knew she was gonna get a no though.

"Not interested."

 

See?

 

"I heard that Yunho's gonna be there too. You know, the handsome boy I was talking about before." Yoona changed the topic. She sure has a lot to talk about, Yuri thought.

"Really, didn't know that," Yuri lied. Just thinking about Yunho gave her the creeps. She felt nervous thinking that Yunho wilol be watching her.

"He's probably got some awesome moves. We might have a lot of competition, huh Yuri?"

"Maybe." Yuri brushed her hair in front of the mirror. "Come on. We have to get ready."

"Fine."

They got ready and headed to the school building. Seohyun parted from them and went to the music room while Yuri and Yoona walked to the dance studio. As they were walking, a tall boy rushed their way holding a huge pile of papers. Yoona was still talking happily while Yuri just listened when the tall boy bumped into Yuri resulting in all of the papers flying. The boy slipped on one of the papers and his glasses fell on the ground. Broken.

Yuri was shocked. She didn't notice a boy was running her way. Yoona was shocked too. They didn't move until Yoona nudged Yuri. The boy was a bit in pain and to top it off, his glasses were destroyed. He was trying to find his glasses when Yuri picked up some of the pieces of his glasses. 

"Um, do you want some help?" She reached her hand for the boy and the boy quickly grabbed it. Looks like he can't see anything without his glasses.

Yuri helped him up. "I'm sorry. And your glasses...it's broken," she said nervously. She was afraid this boy was gonna get mad.

The boy took the pieces of his glasses and sighed. "It's okay, I was in a hurry to meet a teacher with all these documents." He put the broken pieces in his pockets. 

"Em...no hard feelings right?" Yoona asked. She hoped there wasn't gonna be any trouble. The boy shook his head. Yoona felt relieved.

"I'm Minho. Choi Minho." The boy named Minho reached his hand for Yuri's hand. 

Yuri didn't do anything at first, she froze but when Yoona nudged her she grabbed his hand. "Oh, nice to meet you. My name's Yuri. Kwon Yuri." They shook hands. "And this is Yoona."

"Nice to meet you, Yoona." He shook Yoona's hands. This boy looks so matured. A bit formal too. How old is he? "Well, I have to go now." 

He collected the papers on the floor. Yuri and Yoona helped him. "See you girls some other time," he said then walked away. Fast.

"Well that was a bad meet. Good thing he didn't get mad," Yoona said. Yuri stood quiet. "Lets go." Yoona grabbed Yuri's hand and then they headed to the theatre hall.

-------------

"I think we're late, thanks to that Minho," Yuri said as she looked in the theatre hall from the glass door. The door was closed and some were already starting their audition.

"Lets just go in and apologise." Yoona said. She grabbed the handle with her other hand still holding Yuri's hand. 

A lot of students were looking at them. At first they stopped what they were doing then continued talking and what not.

Yuri saw Yunho. He smirked at her. Thought you couldn't make it, Kwon Yuri.

Yuri quickly turned away from him. Yoona and Yuri went to the registration table and confirmed their attendance.

"Alright let's continue. Kim Hyoyeon, please proceed." The dance teacher called a girl named Hyoyeon. Yuri noticed three people sitting on one side of the room writing and one postioning his spectacles. They must be the judges, Yuri thought.

Yuri and Yoona watched Hyoyeon dance. She was amazing! The music was playing and she was doing a dance Yuri has seen before. It was popping and locking. She was really good at it. Yuri glanced at the judges. They had serious faces on but one judge smiled throughout Hyoyeon's performance.

When she finished her routine, everyone clapped. Yuri noticed 2 boys next to Yunho. Yesung and who's that?

"Im Yoona. You're next."

Yoona showed some moves too. It was normal but she certainly enjoyed her performance which made the judges look like they were enjoying it too. She's good too, what about me? Yuri thought. Her hands were cold. She was really nervous.

"Next is...Jung Yunho. Please proceed."

The music started. Everyone couldn't stop staring. He was doing all kind of dances in just one routine. He popped, locked and he was swift with his movements. To top it off, he added a little breakdancing which made everyone clap and cheered. Everyone except for Yuri. She was more nervous. I can't possibly do better than that!

"That was amazing! Bravo!" The dance teacher praised him which made him smile confidently. Yunho glanced at Yuri and their eyes met. Top that, Kwon Yuri, Yunho fake smiled at her. Yuri felt the chills running down her spines.

"Next, Kwon Yuri! Please proceed."

Yuri clenched her hands. Just do what you can do Yuri! Yuri gave herself confidence. She walked to the centre. 

"Yuri-ah! You can do it!! Fighting!!!" Yesung shouted while showing Yuri a thumbs up which made people look at him. Yuri turned to him with a weird look. What the hell is he doing? Still, Yuri sort of thanked him for giving her a boost up. She smiled at him somehow made Yesung's heart flutter. Yoona looked at him too. Is this the boy with Yuri in recess? Yoona thought. Man, what kind of friend am I? He cheered for her but I didn't!

"Yuri-ah, do your best!" Yoona joined in the shouting. "Go Yuri!!" She had a foolish smile on her but nevertheless made Yuri happy.

Why are you people embarassing yourselves? Yuri thought to herself. 

She started positioning herself. Yunho watched her and then glanced at Yesung. Does Yesung like her? Yunho crossed his arms.

The music played. Yuri likes to dance to this song. It happens to be her favourite. She swifted her body letting the music play with her body. Everyone watched her in awe and some started singing along while clapping their hands to the song 1, 2 Step from Ciara. Although it was just the music. 

"That's right Yuri, you show them!" Yoona cheered. Even the judges were dancing along!

Yesung couldn't stop looking at her. She was gorgeous and for a 13 year old, her body was awesome! Yunho was also amazed by Yuri. He smiled secretly. Looks like I underestimated you, Kwon Yuri.

Jaejoong who was standing at the back didn't take his eyes off Yuri. Somehow, he felt like he's seen her and this song seems so nostalgic. Could it be you, Kwon Yuri? No way...it can't be.

Yuri came to her , where she slipped of her sweater and did the wave with a bit of her mid drif showing while holding her sweater up in the air. Yoona was also surprised. Wow, she's way better than me! 

Suddenly out of no where, Jaejoong came to the centre of the stage and started rapping to the music. Yuri kept dancing and she was a bit awkward at first, but the boy rapping next to her seemed a bit friendly. He smiled at Yuri while rapping and Yuri had fun. But something felt nostalgic. Where have I seen this boy? Yuri thought.

"Yah, what's Jaejoong doing?" Yesung whispered to Yunho. "He's not suppose to audition too!" Yesung suddenly felt mad. Yunho shrugged pretending he didn't care but only he knows how he's feeling right now. 

Everyone cheered and clapped when the music stopped. Yuri bowed to the judges when the judges gave her a standing obation.

Yuri walked to Yoona and Yoona immediately gave her a hug. "Wow, that was amazing, I never could of pulled that one! Didn't know you had this in you. It's like you planned the choreography yourself!"

"Thanks, it was all because you cheered for me. I was really nervous at first but when you cheered, I felt a little confident," Yuri said to her honestly.

"It wasn't only me who cheered. I think that boy also gave you a boost. Worst of all, he did it before I did!" Yoona joked.Yuri just smiled. She wanted to thank Yesung too. And the mysterious boy who popped out of nowhere rapping to the song.

She totally forgot about Yunho who stood their watching her. 

Amazed.

And also...

 

hurt.

 

"What's Yesung and Jaejoong got to do with Yuri?" He muttered.

 

Wait, am I jealous?

 

Yunho froze as he watched Yuri happily laughing with Yoona at the side of stage.

------------------

"That's all the students that passed. I wish you the best and with this club, you all can improve your dancing. Congratulations!" The dance teacher said. "The judges loved your performances but only a few will be picked to be in the dance competition."

"Dance competition?" Some student shouted out.

"Yes, every year this school sends students to one of the most prestigious dance competitions in Seoul. This school has won a lot of times, but last year we were beaten by Victoria English School. As you kids are still freshman, you need a lot of training before you can enter the competition. Once we think you are ready, then we'll pick some students from the club to enter and hopefully win!" The dance teacher named Miss Kim based on her name tag told everyone.

Everyone was excited. 

"Alright now you may leave. Practices are every Saturday mornings and club meetings are every Wednesday afternoon at 3:30PM so don't be late!"

Everyone left the theatre hall all with one hope. Entering the dance competition and showing off all they got!

----------

"Somehow I still can't believe we passed the audition!" Yoona squealed while they were exiting the theatre hall. "Well, I can believe you passed but not me! I wasn't as nearly as good as you!" Yoona kept on complimenting Yuri which made her blush a little.

"I can't believe it too. Now were in the same club!" Yuri was happily laughing with Yoona when the boy who was rapping from before stepped in front of her. He stook out his hand.

"Sorry from before, I suddenly felt like rapping to the music. You were awesome by the way," He said still reaching his hand. Yuri shook it.

"It's no big deal. Em...you seem very familiar. Have we met before?" Yuri asked out of curiosity. She really felt like she knew this boy.

"I'm not sure. My name's Kim Jaejoong and you must be Kwon Yuri," He said.

"That's right. Nice meeting you. My friend here is Im Yoona, she's- " Yoona was about to introduce herself but then she saw something so amazing happened. 

Yuri was cut off when suddenly Jaejoong kissed Yuri's hand. Yuri froze.

Jaejoong let go of Yuri's hand then he smiled. Yuri was speechless. So was Yoona.

And at that time, Yunho and Yesung was looking for Jaejoong when they found him kissing Yuri's hand. Yesung gasped and Yunho clenched his hands to a fist. Yesung ran to them.

"Yah, what are you doing hitting on my girl?!" Yesung snapped at Jaejoong.Yuri noticed Yunho walking over to them which made Yuri tremble a bit. 

"Yo, Yesung! Calm down. It was only a friendly meet, right Yuri-ssi?" Jaejoong smiled at Yuri which made her feel uneasy. Yoona was confused. "Looks like I met her before you introduced her to me," Jaejoong had a secret meaning behing his words.

"Fine. Yuri, this is Yunho. Yunho, this is Kwon Yuri, the girl I like so you guys better back off!" Yesung said abruptly making Yoona smile. You better spill when we get back to our dorm, Yuri. She thought.

Yuri immediately slapped his back. "Yah, watch what you're saying!" She was afraid. Yunho continued staring at her which gave her the chills.

"Nice to meet you, Kwon Yuri. I'm Jung Yunho." He didn't smile at all.

"Hey, I'm left out here! My name's Im Yoona and I think I'll be taking Yuri now. We need to go see a friend auditioning so if you don't mind..." She said grabbing Yuri's hand. "Let's go." She whispered to Yuri.

Yuri nodded quickly. She didn't like the surrounding. Good thing Yoona helped out.

"Yuri-ah, don't forget our recess date!" Yesung called out to her. God, he was creeping Yuri out. All of those boys were.

Yul, looks like you've forgotten me. But you'll remember someday, I can't believe we meet again, Jaejoong thought.

 

Yuri, if I see you again, we're gonna have a long talk, Yunho thought while watching Yuri disappear with Yoona from the end of the corridor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you haven't seen Yuri dance 1, 2 step...you should totally see it. She was totally hot and I miss that body of hers. I hope she eats meat and not just veggies! Like Yesung said, she should eat more haha :D

so um..how was the chapter? send me your thoughts and hopes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eag6IPZL37g