About Kwon Yuri

Hard to Admit

 

 

It was the last day of school and I was excited to go back home. School holidays will start and I was pumped thinking about how my mom and dad were planning how we were gonna spend the holidays. Since it was the last day of school, there was no learning. Not even a single teacher entered the class so everybody was taking pictures making memories before we all split up and move up to secondary school next year. I didn't have much friends so I just sat by the window at my seat reading a comic book. Sometimes I think about the holidays everytime I turn the page of the comic book because I was too excited not that anybody notices though.

"Hi, Yuri right?" Some girl called me.

I turned around and saw Jessica, the asisstant class monitor of our class smiling. She was the only girl that was nice enough to talk to me ever since I transferred to this school last January this year. All the other girls hated me, probably because I get a lot of attention from teachers because of my grades and well....boys I guess. They probably think I'm arrogant because a lot of boys admire me. Heck, I don't even know why they do. I'm not sweet,soft, or cute or whatever.

"Erm...are you there?" Jessica flashed her hands in front of my face.

I stopped thinking about those stuff and finally noticed here. "I'm sorry. Yes, I'm Yuri. What's wrong?" I answered her back politely. Somebody as nice as her deserves a polite reply. Usually I would be a bit rude to people who talk to me...except for my teachers of course.

"Yuri, do you want to come and take a picture with us? I want to keep a lot of memories with me so I can look back at it and smile when I get older," she smiled. "Please..." she looked like she was begging me. She had those big eyes and her puppy dog pout. I would smack her doing that to me, gosh, she seems so brave. But then I thought how nice she was introducing me to the school and sometimes inviting me to have lunch with her while pleading because I normally reject her invitation.

I thought of nodding but then I saw my other classmates at the back of her making a disgusted look, while boys were shaking their heads while miming out the words "no" and "don't ". I guess they were scared of me because I humiliated some of them when they started talking to me or worse.

 

Confess.

 

I shivered at the thought. 

Jessica was still waiting for an answer. Because I don't want to get eaten by the girls, I politely said "No, it's okay. You won't want to remember me anyway."

"But..."

"Go to your friends, they are waiting for you to take a picture with them,"

"You're my friend too," she said which touched me a little.

"They are more of a friend than me, hurry now," I said. Everyone was looking at me. They were pissed.

"Okay then...Bye," I think she wanted to convince me more but somehow I also thought she knew that convincing someone like me won't get you anywhere. I was relieved she didn't beg me anymore. Besides, I never like stuff like these. Gathering and such. Except with my family that is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KRINGGGG~

And suddenly everyone jumped of their seats screaming and cheering. It was time for the school holidays. Alas, the long-awaited 7 weeks of holiday has finally arrived. Instead of the other students, I waited till everyone left the classroom. When I exited the classroom somebody grabbed my wrist.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I snapped at the boy who was grabbing me. Nobody, I mean NOBODY touches me like that.

 

It was him. 

 

The first boy to confess to me ever since I transferred to this school in the beginning of the year. I was already mad before I noticed who was the damn guy who grabbed my wrist stopping me from going home fast and now I'm boiling because I know who he was. Not just that...

 

He was my first boyfriend.  Yes, WAS.

Well, I wouldn't call him boyfriend but he likes to think he is. Well, now he's an ex-boyfriend I guess. Sometimes I wonder to myself why I even accepted him. Technically I didn't say yes or no. But he thought that since I was quiet that meant I accepted him. Is that logic? 

 

"What do you want?" I asked controlling my temper.

"I just wanted to say good luck, and I know you hate me but I wish for you to meet someone better than me, a better boyfriend to be exact.," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Boyfriend?" I got mad hearing that word. I hated it. "We're only 12 for god sakes, why do you keep thinking that you are my boyfriend?"

"Well...I...um..I just thought you were since you didn't say anything and...um.."  

"Do I act like a girlfriend to you??"

He looked unsure of what to say but I was sure that he knows whether I acted like a girlfriend to him or not.

"No! I didn't! So why do you keep acknowledging that I am your girlfriend?"

"Because I care for you, and you need love. You told me that. Considering your mom and dad constantly fighting and probably getting a divorce-" 

PANG~

"You!" I couldn't hold in my temper any longer. Not after he said the word "divorce". I just had to slap him in the face.

"Don't you dare say that word in front of me again. YOU GOT THAT??!!" I was so furious I thought my head was gonna explode. Maybe he couldn't say those words in front of me again since we'll be separating and moving on, transferring to new schools.

I rushed to the gates stomping my feet before he could say anything. 

 

Little did I know that what he said became true.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued....

boring huh? sorry i just wanted you to understand Yuri's character more. please continue reading!