Busted

Hard to Admit

 

 

Time sure flies fast when you're busy. It's already June and everyone seem to not be able to focus in class. Well, duh. How can they when summer vacation is approaching? Of course the best news is that they can get out of the academy and spend time with their parents. If you're a 7th grader in this academy like me, you can't go home till it's the long period holidays. Apparently it's because the freshman needs to get use to being away from their parents. Spoiling them too much might make them huge brats. The kids here are rich after all. 

Except me.

Although that's the case, once you're in the 10th grade you can go home whenever you like. The rules here are something but once you get in Star Academy, that's just the way it is. Staying in a boarding school is a lot harder than I thought, but that's what I wanted. It would be better if I didn't trouble her grandfather, trying to take care of me. I haven't seen my grandpa in months so summer vacation is what I've always waiting for. Spending time with grandpa is just what I want and need.

"Yuri, are you still here?" 

I was too busy daydreaming that I didn't realize Yesung was calling me until he tapped my shoulder. "What?"

"Nothing, I thought I saw you smile just now," Yesung grinned at me with his stupid idiotic look. "Who were you thinking about?"

I didn't answer his question. He was being a busybody as usual. Guess he caught me daydreaming about summer vacation and...grandpa.

How are you doing, grandpa? Are you alright?

The bell rang which means it's recess. 

"Okay class, don't forget to send me your reports by tomorrow." Mr Lee said then left the classroom.

I cleared my books and my stationery when Yesung suddenly got up. He left with a smile on his face, giving me a sign saying "Wait for me, I'll be right back."

He, as usual was probably trying to get extra food so that I could eat too. Usually I would wait at the bench near the cafeteria but I felt like taking a detour. Where?

 

To spy on Yunho, of course.

 

I felt very excited everytime I'm on my way to spy on him practicing his dancing. His moves were awesome and I bet once he gets older, he'll be even more skillful. If only at the age of 13, he's already this good, I can't imagine how powerful his dancing will be once he gets older. He might even become a famous pop star. Something I do know of him is that his parents own a huge entertainment company. I don't remember its name though but people said it was really famous. Yunho himself was famous, even if he is just a freshman, because people seem to know he's the grandson of what's its name company. Like I have a clue. I don't watch TV much and I barely know how to use the internet so I have no idea how famous his parents' entertainment company. Newspapers? Not interested in reading them either. To put it simply, I don't really know what's going on around the world. Do I need to?

As expected, when I got to the rooftop, he was there. I'm not sure what you call it, but after watching and observing him for some time, I can say he's become some sort of an idol to me. His dancing is awesome (which I totally envy by the way), he's a genius and I heard he's good at sports too. I guess he's someone close to perfect. His looks, well, average. I don't get it why girls like him so much. I heard he was even popular with the other girls not just from our grade, but the grades above us. Even the senior girls!

Maybe it's just because he's famous and people are interested because he's famous. I don't know. Why do I even care anyway?

"You..."

Oh no!!

He saw me!

I immediately dashed down the stairs, still hoping he didn't see my face. Maybe he just saw a person but didn't see the face, I tried calming myself down. 

I was still running down the stairs when suddenly someone pulled my arm. Jung Yunho!

"What are you doing?" He asked me still grabbing my arm.

"Er...nothing..I was just..." I was out of words. What to say??? What to say??

Yunho glared at me. What the hell was he so angry about? It made me shiver but I'm not showing any weakness to him. I tried to braven myself up.

"You're not spying on me are you?"

"S-spy? W-why would I do that?" I wanted to sound like I wasn't scared at all but his glare made me nervous and somehow my words weren't coming out properly.

His hands tightened on my arms. I didn't know why but I felt my heart pounding fast. Really fast.

"Don't tell me...you're one of my fangirls? Stalking me are you?" Yunho smirked. "Do I really attract THAT much people? Girls in particular?

I felt hot all of a sudden. Fangirls? Are you kidding me? As expected, this guy is full of himself. A personality that I absolutely hate the most!!

I didn't know where I had the strength, but I managed to pull my arm away harshly that was tightly gripped by his hand just now. Oh god! I really wanted to punch him in the face. I really do!

"Stalking YOU? Oh, like I don't have anything better to do!" I snapped at him. Surprisingly I didn't stutter in my words. Which was a good thing. "For your information, I was just wandering around the school and I wanted to get some fresh air at the rooftop, okay! The rooftop isn't yours, dumbo!" Didn;t know how I came up with that sudden excuse. It was true that I spied him but fangirl? Stalking? Oh, please! I have a life too!

I stomped off, heading to class. I still can't believe he noticed me after a few months already I've been observing him. Is it called stalking? Am I a fangirl because I think he's my idol? Ughh!!

I was so angry that I completely forgot about my daily recess with Yesung.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...dumbo!" She stomped off leaving me just like that. I froze for a second, didn't think she would get so angry all of a sudden. Did I offend her? What the hell did I do?

Suddenly I felt something strange. Like someone was watching me. I looked around. But no one. Yeah, it's funny that I have this strange power I can feel someone's presence. 

I could feel like someone was watching me whenever I'm on the rooftop. Guess it was Yuri all along. 

 

Busted. She's definitely been stalking me.

 

That person is probably near. I can feel it.

I went down further and saw a figure behind the stairs. Creepy as it is, I went to check but suddenly the person got out. Just like that. He was tip-toe-ing out and then tried to walk away. I need to know who. Man, he looked so suspicious.

"Hey, you!" I shouted. 

Luckily for me the person didn't immediately run away but he turned around, a bit scared. "Y-yeah?"

"Ah, it's you Yesung! What are you doing there?" I paused and observed him. "What's that you're holding?"

"Actually to tell you the truth, I was looking for Yuri. She wasn't at the bench waiting for me like usual for recess so I went to look for her. She might be in trouble or something"

Pfft! Not like she's lost or anything. Or going anywhere. Why is he worrying? This is a school!

"Oh, and this is something I got for her. Too bad she doesn't eat much. So, it's my job to get her to eat!" Yesung smiled like a fool.

"That still doesn't explain why you were hiding behind the stairs just now."

I could tell he was nervous. I could see him gulp. "Well, actually I saw her but she was busy talking to someone so I just waited here till she comes down the stairs. But then I couldn't catch up to her coz she seems a little...mad. I guess she was talking to you. Er, you didn't do anything to make her angry did you?"

 

"No. Girls. They're unpredictable."

 

"I guess. Well, see you later!" And with that, he dashed off. Probably to class.

I still felt like he knew that it was me who was talking to Yuri. Could it be that he was purposely eavesdropping?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesung walked to class feeling gloomy. And it was so obvious too. He walked in class and saw Yuri with her head on the table. She must be sleeping, he thought.

He has every right to be sad. On their suppose-to-be recess date, Yuri went to see Yunho. He was waiting for 10 minutes in line and another 10 mintues for Yuri but she didn't show up. So, he decided to look for her. Passing by the exit door he felt curious. So he opened and entered. It was stairs so he decided to go up. But after hearing steps coming down, he quickly hid behind the stairs.

And that's where he heard Yuri and Yunho's conversation.

Although Yuri mentioned that she wasn't stalking Yunho but Yesung didn't want to believe it. Maybe Yuri usually does that. Then again, before today she was waiting patiently on the bench. But after the meal she would quickly go off somewhere Yesung doesn't.

To see Yunho, perhaps?

Maybe today she wanted to see Yunho first, Yesung thought.

"Ah, what am I thinking? Why would Yuri do that? She barely knows Yunho anyway. Even if Yunho's popular, she doesn't seem to like boys." Yesung mumbled. He put on a smile on his face and sat beside Yuri. He decided to not surprise and wake Yuri this time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yuri, got any plans for summer vacation?" Yoona asked me. We were on our way back to the dorm room. Seohyun was also with us but as usual being the quiet and cold person she is.

"Not really. I'm just gonna be staying home," I answered. I seriously am not planning anything except for spending my whole vacation being with my grandpa. He's the only one I have anyway.

And no one else.

"Why don't you stay at my place?  My uncle owns a resort and we can have some fun there!" Yoona suggested me. She seemed really excited. I glanced at Seohyun but she didn't have the blank expression like before. Her eyes were like...

 

...raging with anger, somehow. I had the feeling she didn't like it. Not a brilliant suggestion from Yoona, I guess.

Yoona's eyes were still sparkling with hope but Seohyun's eyes were like "Agree and your dead!"

"No thanks. Maybe some other time," I turned her down which showed her sad eyes.

For your information, I didn't turn her down because I was scared of Seohyun. I really just want to spend my vacation with just my grandpa. Just the two of us. So I didn't hesitate to say no to Yoona, even though she's been a good friend ever since I stepped foot at this academy.

"Alright, but next time I ask you, you have to agree," Yoona said which surprised me. She didn't even bother to ask why I didn't agree to her invitation. Maybe she knew, how much I missed being home. Well, I never told her about grandpa.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night was breezy and cold, just good enough to make anyone fall asleep. Summer was approaching but night time was what people were waiting for. That's the only time in summer where the temperature isn't as high as the day. The bed that Seohyun was lying on was confortable. Too comfortable in fact. It was cosy, and warm, good to snuggle up and sail to dreamland. 

Unfortunately, she was still in the real world, her eyes wide open.

It was already 2AM but she still couldn't sleep, no matter how much she tossed and turned. Yoona and Yuri were fast asleep, happily in their dreamland.

She eyed Yuri, who was sleeping soundly. Yuri would look like an angel sleeping.

That is...if her tongue wasn't sticking out from .

Seohyun learned that it was probably a habit. A weird one.

Yuri has actually tried to be a good friend. Yes, Seohyun has noticed that. But she can't help feel irritated looking at her. And she knows very well why she feel that way. 

You've been nice to me Yuri, but Yoona has been nicer to you...I'm not needed anymore, huh...

And somehow, she fell deep in her sleep...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a cold, rainy night. A woman in an overcoat was rushing, somewhere unknown and in her hand, was a new born baby. In the dark night, the woman was running fast, and at the same time avoiding from other's contact. She ran while holding the baby in her hand, on that rainy night. And at last, she has reached her destination.

She lowered the cradle with the baby in it, and right at that moment, the baby slowly started crying. The woman panicked so she rang the doorbell and in a flash, disappeared from the scene, leaving the poor baby to cry in the coldness.

About a minute after that, the front door opened. An old lady was shocked, seeing a baby infront of the door, crying. She bowed down, picked up the cradle then brought the baby inside.

I wonder who left this baby here. Looks like another member of this orphanage...

-----------

A/N another update...is it too short?

i'm really using the little time i have left before going back to school to write this fic!! gambarimasu!!

slow progress of yunri...please forgive me!

i was so happy when i came back and checked on asianfanfics! yay new comments!!! like i said, your comments are my energy pills! like literally!

comments and subsribers are forever loved!!!

YUNRI FTW!! ^_^